Great Fight Scenes

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

Great Fight Scenes

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 6th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Here is a thread for you to share fights from Dc or other superhero comics. You can post picture and add a bit of description too if you like . Don´t forget to add the name of the issue to your post.

First I wanted to share the brutal rematch between Batman and Bane from No Man´s Land with you (Detective Comics #736) but since there weren´t any good scans of it I´ll show you Batgirls encounter with a somewhat clumsy Stephanie Brown from Batgirl Annual #3 -

Spoiler: show

Hope you remember a few interesting scenes that you would like to post here :adam:

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Re: Great Fight Scenes

Postby JordanT4021 » Sep 7th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Harley Quinn Vs. Joker's Daughter in New Suicide Squad.

I really dislike the Joker's Daughter and I feel like she's being pushed on us by DC, so to see her being beaten to a bloody pulp is very amusing. Why would we want a discount Harley Quinn when the real one's so good?

Also, Harley's line at the end is hilarious.
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 7th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Batman and Robin #9

Damian wins against a Talon, an enemy that definately is superior to him in terms of fighting skill and physical strength. But he nonetheless manages to stop him by fighting tactically. Thought it was great to see what Bruce Son is capable of when he keeps his anger in check.

MaxSchreck

Postby Red leader » Sep 8th, 2015, 10:19 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Here is a thread for you to share fights from Dc or other superhero comics. You can post picture and add a bit of description too if you like . Don´t forget to add the name of the issue to your post.

First I wanted to share the brutal rematch between Batman and Bane from No Man´s Land with you (Detective Comics #736) but since there weren´t any good scans of it I´ll show you Batgirls encounter with a somewhat clumsy Stephanie Brown from Batgirl Annual #3 -

Hope you remember a few interesting scenes that you would like to post here :adam:

I get that some people like it but every time i see the new batgirl run i want to punch something and i dont know why.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 8th, 2015, 10:58 am

Maybe thats because the old Stephanie Brown, or even Cassandra Cain stuff was much better? :oldyella:
Not that big of a fan of the current run myself, but Barbara was pretty badass in Eternal and I am looking forward to more interaction between her and Spoiler.

Kinda want to read the classic Cassandra Cain run now... from Batgirl #25, Cassandra vs Lady Shiva.

MaxSchreck

Postby Red leader » Sep 8th, 2015, 8:15 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Maybe thats because the old Stephanie Brown, or even Cassandra Cain stuff was much better? :oldyella:
Not that big of a fan of the current run myself, but Barbara was pretty badass in Eternal and I am looking forward to more interaction between her and Spoiler.

Kinda want to read the classic Cassandra Cain run now... from Batgirl #25, Cassandra vs Lady Shiva.

If they screw cassie up in batman and robin eternal so help me dan didio.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Red leader

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 9th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Red leader wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:Maybe thats because the old Stephanie Brown, or even Cassandra Cain stuff was much better? :oldyella:

If they screw cassie up in batman and robin eternal so help me dan didio.

Yeah, that kinda worries me,too. I wonder how they will handle the introducting. Read No Man´s Land a couple of days ago and back then they seemed to always take much more time for character building while these days its often rushed.

Ra´s vs Bane from Bane of the Demon (Don´t know which issue at the moment...)

I really like it when Ra´s shows what a deadly fighter he is despite not usually getting his hands dirty.

MaxSchreck

Postby Red leader » Sep 10th, 2015, 12:28 am

Okay so the image is cutting off halfway but just remember what the first jean bane fight was like. I love this fight cause its violent but in a necessary way and uses blood and whatnot effectively.
Red leader

Postby MaxSchreck » Sep 24th, 2015, 8:52 pm

Before Dc bought Captain Marvel Fawcett Comics once had him fight with a very strange opponent in Captain Marvel Adventures #148...

... Planet Earth itself! And Global Warming...

Its actually pretty good for a Golden Age comic story. Very imagenative and fun.

MaxSchreck

Postby Red leader » Sep 26th, 2015, 2:01 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Before Dc bought Captain Marvel Fawcett Comics once had him fight with a very strange opponent in Captain Marvel Adventures #148...

... Planet Earth itself! And Global Warming...

Its actually pretty good for a Golden Age comic story. Very imagenative and fun.

That reminds me of a point in the Golden Age specter stuff where he picked up a star and threw it at someone. By the way every Fleischer Apparo Specter kill is amazing.
Red leader

Postby thatguywiththebeanie » Oct 17th, 2015, 12:30 pm

This is one of my favourite lines in comic book history. So badass and iconic. And the fight scene is just incredible.It has this raw passion and anger that is intense to read.

Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on -- none of you are safe.
thatguywiththebeanie

Favourite Villain: Great White Shark
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Knightfall

Return to Comic Discussion