DC Rebirth

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

DC Rebirth

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 26th, 2016, 6:50 pm

So... maybe this should replace the New 52 thread. You decide. Anyway, what do you think about Dc Rebirth?
Right now I am watching the Wonder Con Live Feed and what they announce doesn´t sound too bad so far, alltough I think Didio and Johns come off a little smug and pretentious. Not as much as I expected, though.

See for yourself:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/ ... 00-155183/
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Dc Rebirth

Postby JordanT4021 » Mar 26th, 2016, 7:30 pm

I have to admit I'm a little underwhelmed. Disappointed with the line up for Suicide Squad because it's the exact same as the film. Most excited for the Batman titles. Especially All-Star Batman.
Image
User avatar
JordanT4021
..........
..........
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Dec 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm
Location: Scotland
Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

Re: Dc Rebirth

Postby Dick » Mar 26th, 2016, 7:34 pm

I'm glad we're getting Nightwing back and not 007 Dick Bond.

---

Scott Lobdell is writing Red Hood and The Outlaws?
Image
Image
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: Dc Rebirth

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 26th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Some of the new costumes certainly seems weird...



Jessica Cruz looks like the Phantom of the Opera now... Tim pretty much gets his early nineties costume back, Black Canary still looks like a Biker rather than a Superhero etc

By the way, I think Henry Cavill took a dig at Batman v Superman at the end of the panel :oldyella:

And there is still no Shazam book... he is even off the Justice League :I
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby Red_Robin » Mar 26th, 2016, 10:22 pm

Was texting CROD as these came out earlier: what's with DC and triangular/boomerang designs on all the costumes? Both Tim Drake and Cass Cain have superfluous triangles/boomerangs on them. I'm sure that I've seen this on others in recent years too.


Decent rundown of the new books: http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ew-details

This stinks of the usual Dan DiDio BS (see quote below), but it will be the first time in over a year that I've checked out a new comic (other than the Arkham Knight tie-ins). :/

Newsarama wrote:DiDio said that DC noticed the "disconnect" with the New52 before even readers and fans, saying that they realized the "core, and the heart of the characters" was missing.
Image
User avatar
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Aug 11th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby batman404 » Mar 26th, 2016, 11:32 pm

I was sold as soon as I read that Greg Rucka would be working on Wonder Woman again, and with Nicola Scott no less! Awesome news.

All-Star Batman sounds great as well! To be honest, I'm happy with the majority of what's been announced. No new All-Star Western series is disappointing though.
Image
User avatar
batman404
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2211
Joined: Oct 10th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Australia
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 27th, 2016, 12:01 am

Decent rundown of the new books: http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ew-details


I also quite liked this article:

12:43PM - Johns promises the special will return a lot of characters, might kill a character, will reveal the biggest secret in the DC Universe ever. Lee starts talking now, kissing Geoff Johns' ass. Lee is practically eating his asshole right now. They show some character resdesigns as Lee admits he went too far with the high collars in the last reboot.


:lol:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... rence.html
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby The Oracle » Mar 27th, 2016, 9:25 am

Rucka's writing something and Batwoman's a lead in a book, I'm satisfied. I'll be adding those two to my pull list for sure.
Image
User avatar
The Oracle
.................
.................
 
Posts: 2363
Joined: Jan 27th, 2012, 5:59 am
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 27th, 2016, 1:33 pm

I am still a little sceptical, but at least there are two, or three new books with Damian. Tom Kings Batman could also be good.
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 27th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Guessing this'll be the new thread for all things DC Comics then, huh? :P

Fucking psyched for Rebirth! It's looking really good so far! :)

Naturally, I'm most excited for the Bat books. More specifically, Nightwing. The idea of Dick finally being Nightwing again--and in blue, no less!--just excites me so much for some reason. And MARCUS FUCKING TO ON ART YASS ♥ Together with Javi Fernandez, who I'm not familiar with, but his art looks really good too! In addition to that, Detective Comics will be led by both Bruce and Kate. Like, holy POW. It's got Tim, Cass, and Steph. Jesus Christ. And Tim is back to being Robin! And his suit looks great! All-Star Batman, though. Jock, Murphy, and more. Holy shit. I'm more excited for that than the main Batman book, as the latter has Finch on art... Batgirl and the Birds of Prey looks great too! I was surprised and happy to see that the fishnets are back, but Dinah's cross thing on her jacket is weird... Although, is this Dinah Drake or Lance? I hope it's Lance. And I love Huntress' new look! I'm just wondering if this is Grayson's Helena... Apparently, Red Hood and the Outlaws is supposed to be a "dark Trinity." Makes some sense, considering that the team is Red Hood, Bizarro, and Artemis. I can see the, erm, opposite-ness, I suppose. Still, it's freaking Lobdell. *sighs* But! The art is at least great, if what I've Google-d of Dexter Soy's art was accurate.

For the Super books, I'm most excited for... Action Comics! Closely followed by Supergirl. Action Comics is going to follow pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois as seen in the Superman: Clark and Lois book right now, which is just fantastic news! It's also got Lex as a Superman, which is going to be very interesting. Shame that Clark's sporting the red and blue duds again, though. He looked cool in the black suit with the beard. Heh. The Superman book seems to follow the same Superman too, which makes me wonder where the POW New 52 Superman is... Anyway, Supergirl is finally no longer New 52 Supergirl! No more weird-ass costume and not-so-nice hair! Back to classic Kara ♥ It seems like it'll be taking cues from the Supergirl show, though, which I'm totally fine with as I love the show. Kara there is as close as she can be from the comics in terms of looks and personality, so I'm very happy with this. I wasn't really that interested in Super Sons until I saw that Jorge Jimenez is doing the art ♥ Obviously, it's also pre-Flashpoint Superman, as that's his son Jonathan from Superman: Clark and Lois. So, again, where the heck is New 52 Superman? Not that I miss him, lol.

Ah, but more important than most--if not all--of those, Trinity! By Francis Manapul! What a time to be alive! ♥ The Wonder Woman book by Rucka, Sharp, and Scott sounds great too! Huzzah, no more Finch! I'm disappointed with the Aquaman book, though... cause it's not Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis. They're still doing Rise of the Seven Seas, though, but I guess only that? *sighs* Still, it's better than nothing. Oh, and he lost his New 52 collar, which makes me really sad cause that looks way better than his pre-Flashpoint look. *sighs again* Green Arrow's got my attention due to its cover. Bearded Ollie is always a good Ollie. I'm interested in both Titans books. Teen Titans because it should be fun to see Damian try to lead the team, and Titans because of the roster. I'm not a fan of Brett Booth's art, though, but I don't mind it so much.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby Dick » Mar 27th, 2016, 3:23 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:For the Super books, I'm most excited for... Action Comics! Closely followed by Supergirl. Action Comics is going to follow pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois as seen in the Superman: Clark and Lois book right now, which is just fantastic news! It's also got Lex as a Superman, which is going to be very interesting. Shame that Clark's sporting the red and blue duds again, though. He looked cool in the black suit with the beard. Heh. The Superman book seems to follow the same Superman too, which makes me wonder where the POW New 52 Superman is... Anyway, Supergirl is finally no longer New 52 Supergirl! No more weird-ass costume and not-so-nice hair! Back to classic Kara ♥ It seems like it'll be taking cues from the Supergirl show, though, which I'm totally fine with as I love the show. Kara there is as close as she can be from the comics in terms of looks and personality, so I'm very happy with this. I wasn't really that interested in Super Sons until I saw that Jorge Jimenez is doing the art ♥ Obviously, it's also pre-Flashpoint Superman, as that's his son Jonathan from Superman: Clark and Lois. So, again, where the heck is New 52 Superman? Not that I miss him, lol.

It's Superman: Lois & Clark ;)
Image
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 27th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Dick wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:For the Super books, I'm most excited for... Action Comics! Closely followed by Supergirl. Action Comics is going to follow pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois as seen in the Superman: Clark and Lois book right now, which is just fantastic news! It's also got Lex as a Superman, which is going to be very interesting. Shame that Clark's sporting the red and blue duds again, though. He looked cool in the black suit with the beard. Heh. The Superman book seems to follow the same Superman too, which makes me wonder where the POW New 52 Superman is... Anyway, Supergirl is finally no longer New 52 Supergirl! No more weird-ass costume and not-so-nice hair! Back to classic Kara ♥ It seems like it'll be taking cues from the Supergirl show, though, which I'm totally fine with as I love the show. Kara there is as close as she can be from the comics in terms of looks and personality, so I'm very happy with this. I wasn't really that interested in Super Sons until I saw that Jorge Jimenez is doing the art ♥ Obviously, it's also pre-Flashpoint Superman, as that's his son Jonathan from Superman: Clark and Lois. So, again, where the heck is New 52 Superman? Not that I miss him, lol.

It's Superman: Lois & Clark ;)

Oh! Sorry! :oldyella:
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby MaxSchreck » Mar 27th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Like, holy POW. It's got Tim, Cass, and Steph. Jesus Christ. And Tim is back to being Robin!


Not really, check his costume more closely... two rs.



I still don´t like how he looks now and that ugly facemask Cassie has is even worse.

Has anyone else noticed how Dc seems to put an actual effort into making their cast more diverse now, similar to Marvel? We have a lot more female heroes now. Jaime Reyes is back , Simon Baz, too after he just dissapeared from the Green Lantern books for a long time and then there is Kenji Kong.

Guessing this'll be the new thread for all things DC Comics then, huh? :P


I hope it will be. I view this as sort of an experiment on whether a thread about a topic that I start can actually survive on this forum :oldyella:
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby BuNKiTZ » Mar 27th, 2016, 7:34 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:Not really, check his costume more closely... two rs.

Yeah, I actually noticed it from afar :P He's still going by "Red Robin," I guess, but it's the suit that counts! No more silly swan thing. I sure hope he's written more like pre-Flashpoint Tim, though... and that his surname is actually Drake. No more of that not-actually-Drake bullshit.

MaxSchreck wrote:I hope it will be. I view this as sort of an experiment on whether a thread about a topic that I start can actually survive on this forum :oldyella:

I'll help by only discussing Rebirth stuff here! :D

Speaking of Baz, though, I'm glad he's back. He was pretty interesting--and the idea of a new Lantern is always interesting, I think--but he only showed up in, like, three issues. Four, tops.
Image
User avatar
BuNKiTZ
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sep 7th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Location: In a potato sack
Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Re: DC Rebirth

Postby DarkFlux » Mar 27th, 2016, 7:49 pm

With the exception of Rucka & Scott on WW and Priest on Deathstroke the whole thing was a huge letdown imo.

I was hoping they be quite a few major creative uphevals and new blood on the books. Instead 90% is the same old talent and of those 50% seem to be on the same books as they were pre-rebirth...

Seriously; "major announcement guys! James Tynions writing a Bat-book!" :roll:

Then theres the Bleeding Cool reports that DC were so undecided on their game plan for this that they were changing creative teams on books right up until the event. Even firing some creatives as they were at the airport on their way to the show.
Doesnt exactly inspire confidence...
Image
DarkFlux
..............
..............
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Nov 11th, 2010, 2:29 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: Ras Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Next

Return to Comic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron