Red Robin - His place in the DC Universe

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

Red Robin - His place in the DC Universe

Postby jaga 321 » Aug 16th, 2016, 8:42 pm

So DC is refining it's universe and continuity with Rebirth, and I kinda feel like nothing great has been done with Tim Drake since the New 52. He's an amazing character, but I feel no writers know what to do with him or where his story goes? I'm currently writing a fan-fiction timeline of the DC universe in real-time, meaning the characters age and progress and the reader does. I think it's a huge mistake the actual comics do not do this, and because of it, Tim/Dick/Jason etc have been young men for years and years now.

Regardless, when it came to writing this real-time DC universe, I got a little stuck when it came to Tim. To me, he's the perfect candidate for a future batman, but that doesn't make for a good story, especially when the Dick/Damien dynamic is at play. Sure he's had a great part to play as leader of the Teen Titans, but that can't last forever.

Does anyone know anything I don't about his future (I'm not a regular comic reader so I may not be up to date with his antics) and if not, does anyone have any suggestions for where his character could go? I feel like he would be the current number one candidate for a big sacrifice death if there was a crossover event that needed it. However, I and many others do not want that as he is awesome, I just don't see where he goes from here. Any ideas?
Jaga

PS: First post since about June 2012. Yay.
jaga 321

Return to Comic Discussion