What are you reading now or next?

Year One? The Dark Knight Returns? The Killing Joke? Which one is your favourite? All Batman comic and graphic novel discussion can be found here.

What are you reading now or next?

Postby Catman » Sep 7th, 2010, 11:52 am

at the moment I'm reading the Batgirl comics (cassandra cain) pretty good, so far I've read up to comic 7

as for next I'm not sure (recommendations please :) I've only got killing joke)

thinking either the new Batman and Robin one (with Grayson and Damien) or Hush
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.
Catman

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: No man's land

Re: What are you reading now or next?

Postby GreenDude » Sep 7th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Catman wrote:thinking either the new Batman and Robin one (with Grayson and Damien) or Hush

Hush is a really good read, great plot and awesome artwork by Lee. Definitely recommended also if you haven't read a lot of Batman material since it introduces a lot of characters.

Right now I'm reading GL: Revenge Of The Green Lanterns in my effort to catch up with the Green Lantern TPB's. Not sure what's next probably more Green Lantern material, got a whole load to catch up on though so plenty to pick from.
My YouTube Channel (Tumblr and Twitter links there too).

PSN and XBL Tag: lewisr88
GreenDude

Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Killa_Moff » Sep 7th, 2010, 12:22 pm

Well outside Alan Moore's The Courtyard, Im reading As The Crow Flies and Hush Money.
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby SFA » Sep 7th, 2010, 12:42 pm

Right now I'm reading the 'No Man's Land' graphic novels. Never read the story before and so far I'm loving it. Really getting me geared up for AC too!
Also reading a couple of monthly Bat-titles, namely 'Batman Beyond' and 'Red Hood: The Lost Days'. The latter one is a great read.
SFA

Postby GeneralSmashy » Sep 7th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Re-reading my Preacher series. War in the Sun is still my favourite.
GeneralSmashy

Favourite Villain: The Music Meister
Favourite Graphic Novel: Kingdom Come

Postby Catman » Sep 7th, 2010, 11:13 pm

GreenDude wrote:
Catman wrote:thinking either the new Batman and Robin one (with Grayson and Damien) or Hush

Hush is a really good read, great plot and awesome artwork by Lee. Definitely recommended also if you haven't read a lot of Batman material since it introduces a lot of characters.

Right now I'm reading GL: Revenge Of The Green Lanterns in my effort to catch up with the Green Lantern TPB's. Not sure what's next probably more Green Lantern material, got a whole load to catch up on though so plenty to pick from.

Yeah I'm leaning more towards Hush at the moment
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.
Catman

Postby Chob » Sep 7th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Reading Batman: The Cult next. It's oddly difficult to find sometimes, but I managed to find it at Newbury Comics in Boston.
Chob

Postby SFA » Sep 9th, 2010, 1:53 pm

^ I've not really heard much about Batman: The Cult before, let us know if it's any good and what it's about once you've read it Chob, might be tempted to buy it if it's a good read.
SFA

Postby Catman » Sep 10th, 2010, 3:25 pm

I'm buying loads at the moment, but not hardback ones just comic issues (makes less of an impact on the wallet my local comic shop sells batman and batgirl for about £1-£1.50 an issue)

just bought Superman and Batman generation set 1 and some random detactive comics issues
Catman

Postby TheVrajMeister » Sep 16th, 2010, 9:24 am

Since the fact that I live in Bulgaria and they don't sell comics the way they do in other European countries, I'm more than happy to have an iPad and DC Comics app which I use all the time.

Started with Superman/Batman series, bought about 20 of them and switched to Batman: Year One.
TheVrajMeister

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby SFA » Sep 17th, 2010, 11:15 am

I'm now onto Volume 5 of Batman: 'No Man's Land' - the last volume :( I'm slightly gutted it's almost over - it's been a gripping read so far! I'm really questioning myself as to why I didn't read this sooner! (I think the fact that at the time it came out it was spread over 4 or 5 different Bat-books probably didn't help in the first place)
I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.
Got Batman: City of Crime to read after this - looks like that'll be a good read too!
SFA

Postby GeneralSmashy » Sep 17th, 2010, 11:44 am

SFA wrote:I'm now onto Volume 5 of Batman: 'No Man's Land' - the last volume :( I'm slightly gutted it's almost over - it's been a gripping read so far! I'm really questioning myself as to why I didn't read this sooner! (I think the fact that at the time it came out it was spread over 4 or 5 different Bat-books probably didn't help in the first place)
I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.
Got Batman: City of Crime to read after this - looks like that'll be a good read too!

Is No Man's Land the one where
Spoiler: show
Gordon's wife is killed and there's a bunch of babies there?
Sorry if what I just mentioned hasn't happened for you yet, SFA - if you want to avoid any spoilers you can just ignore me! :mrgreen:
GeneralSmashy

Postby SFA » Sep 17th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Yeah you're right General - that happens in the last volume of the series (I haven't got to that part yet but I did know about it before reading the series anyway - which is a shame actually it would have made a nice suprise for me)
So far The Joker has only had 2 extremely brief appearences throughout the series, but volume 5 looks like it's going to be his time to shine! ::D
There's been some great moments throughout the whole series actualy, including (most recently for me) the Two-Face trial.
So far the strongest book is still the first one for me - but they are all great and I can't wait to get started on the fifth!
SFA

Postby GeneralSmashy » Sep 17th, 2010, 2:14 pm

SFA wrote:Yeah you're right General - that happens in the last volume of the series (I haven't got to that part yet but I did know about it before reading the series anyway - which is a shame actually it would have made a nice suprise for me)
So far The Joker has only had 2 extremely brief appearences throughout the series, but volume 5 looks like it's going to be his time to shine! ::D
There's been some great moments throughout the whole series actualy, including (most recently for me) the Two-Face trial.
So far the strongest book is still the first one for me - but they are all great and I can't wait to get started on the fifth!

Man, I read No Man's Land AGES ago, I can barely remember it, but I do know I enjoyed it. For a while it was rumoured to be the plot of AC. It does sound like Arkham City is going to follow a similar idea though, with all the villains left to themselves, creating gangs and claiming turfs.
GeneralSmashy

Postby Catman » Sep 17th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Vrajdeber wrote:Since the fact that I live in Bulgaria and they don't sell comics the way they do in other European countries, I'm more than happy to have an iPad and DC Comics app which I use all the time.

Started with Superman/Batman series, bought about 20 of them and switched to Batman: Year One.

ah thats a shame, luckly I have a comic store not more than a half an hour away so I'm set, at least you have the app

I just finished reading Batman and Superman generation set 2
Catman

Next

Return to Comic Discussion