A Justice League movie: Why it's the right thing to do

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Re: A Justice League movie: Why it's the right thing to do

Postby Killa_Moff » Apr 10th, 2013, 7:05 pm

ShadowRaven wrote:Have you lost your mind? Also, Megan Fox's boobs aren't that big. Not even close.

It's artwork. Clearly the artist enhanced her... acting abilititties.
And I'm a dude pretending to be a dude who dresses as a moth. Clearly I'm 100% sane.
:lol:
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 25th, 2013, 4:07 am

In a recent interview Waner Bros. stated that if Man of Steel performs to their expectations, Zack Snyder is their top choice to direct Justice League. And as always, the success of Man of Steel will boost WB's plans to actually make the movie.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Peel » Apr 25th, 2013, 4:12 pm

TFDutchman wrote:In a recent interview Waner Bros. stated that if Man of Steel performs to their expectations, Zack Snyder is their top choice to direct Justice League. And as always, the success of Man of Steel will boost WB's plans to actually make the movie.

That's sort of a good thing, since Synder will know what direction the Man of Steel series is going in, and how it could tie in to the Justice League film. Personally for me, if he really is top choice for Justice League, he should either be supervising other DC films, like a Flash or Wonderwoman film or maybe even a GL reboot, or actually directing many other DC films. Either that or keep Chris Nolan on board and have him as a big producer again.

I keep thinking this in my head and I'll say it again; Warner Bros needs to hire their own private film company that has the rights to showcase DC in films. That's what Marvel are doing, and they've been doing a good job of it so far. If Synder is going to be directing Justice League, he should talk with Nolan over how to bring the Batman into the film (Either Bale's or a new one), discuss how to pull off GL with someone like Geoff Johns and seriously think this through.

I remember the original planned DC film series was going to be something like this:
2013-Man of Steel
2014-Lobo
2015-Justice League

Personally, they could still do this, but with tweaks. Synder has confirmed that there will be references to other DC characters/films in Man of Steel, so I'm hoping that either Superman will have a cameo or supporting role in Lobo, maybe a couple of references to Martian Manhunter or an appearance from him to bring forth the events of Justice League film (If the antagonists are somebody like the white martians) or build up an appearance from Darkseid.

I can definitely see that Warner Bros want to go with an alien as an enemy in Justice League. It's slightly stupid, given that's the route Joss Whedon did with Avengers, so you would think WB would do something different. Nevertheless, apart of myself thinks they'll build up to Darkseid or some other alien threat (Maybe Parralax, or something GL related (Of which, could also appear in Lobo)) and another part thinks that they'll just carry on General Zod.

Overall, I am torn over what WB are doing. It's great that they're sticking to one director, but this director needs to have the time and resources to build up properly to JL. So it'll probably have five heroes (Excluding Aquaman and Martian Manhunter/Cyborg), and Superman will be one of the heroes already introduced. Batman will be reintroduced, and we know nothing about Ryan Reynolds GL. Personally, they should aim Justice League for maybe late 2016/2017 so they can properly build up a cinematic DC universe first. And maybe tie in to Justice League Dark...
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby ShadowRaven » Apr 26th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Snyder and Nolan are the perfect DC superhero movie team. But I think one more director should be added to the group: Peter Jackson. He's busy with the Hobbit right now, but he'd be perfect to direct a Wonder Woman film. With the combined powers of those three, DC could really start competing with Marvel on the movie front. Now if WB would just give DC it's own separate studio like Disney did for Marvel...
ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Dr. Arrow » May 15th, 2013, 2:39 am

ShadowRaven wrote:Snyder and Nolan are the perfect DC superhero movie team. But I think one more director should be added to the group: Peter Jackson. He's busy with the Hobbit right now, but he'd be perfect to direct a Wonder Woman film. With the combined powers of those three, DC could really start competing with Marvel on the movie front. Now if WB would just give DC it's own separate studio like Disney did for Marvel...

Peter Jackson would be a great director for the DC Universe. Another good one, at least for a Green Lantern reboot, would be James Cameron. I mean he has proven he is pretty good with storytelling, visual effects, and film editing. But Peter Jackson could also make a good Green Lantern reboot as well.

If done right, I think a Justice League movie could outshine the Avengers. Of course, I am biased and always hope DC beats Marvel.
Dr. Arrow

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 25th, 2014, 8:05 am

Looks like we're getting a JL movie after all...
Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman and.. Who else?
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Mr Wayne » Apr 25th, 2014, 11:43 am

I'd imagine rock being Green Lantern. Hmm.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Pieter » Apr 25th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Nikolaj Coster Waldau as Aquaman ?
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Mr Wayne » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:35 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote:Nikolaj Coster Waldau as Aquaman ?

He's an enigma for sure.

He's rumoured to have a cameo. Everything so far that has had a rumor has come true......but the actors have been left field. While most people would agree Waldau would be a good Arthur it's likely he won't be. I'd put money on some of the actors mentioned or someone we don't know.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Killa_Moff » Apr 28th, 2014, 7:11 am

Justice League and BvS are being filmed back to back. So, that means all members will appear in BvS IMHO.
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

Postby Pieter » Apr 28th, 2014, 8:52 am

To be honest I'm hyped for JL !!
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby BrainyAche » Apr 28th, 2014, 7:17 pm

I hope that Stephen Amell is involved in this nobody can replace him as Green Arrow.
BrainyAche

Postby ShadowRaven » Apr 28th, 2014, 8:42 pm

BrainyAche wrote:I hope that Stephen Amell is involved in this nobody can replace him as Green Arrow.

Lots of people could easily replace him. It would be better if there was no crossover between Arrow and the new films. Also, the League already has the Batfleck, who's guaranteed to be less "grounded" than the Nolan version and will probably have a higher skill level and better technology. Wouldn't Amell's GA be redundant?

But if they do put him in the movie, he needs a new suit to match the movie budget aesthetic. Seeing him stand next to people in top notch film quality costumes while wearing something that was made for TV would just be jarring.
ShadowRaven

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby MaxSchreck » Apr 28th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Yeah, If Green Arrow makes an appearance in the Justice League movie he should have a different costume...

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby BrainyAche » Apr 28th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Maybe a Green Arrow with a beard and mustache would work.
BrainyAche

PreviousNext

Return to Batman Movies Discussion