A Justice League movie: Why it's the right thing to do

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Re: A Justice League movie: Why it's the right thing to do

Postby RAID3N » Apr 28th, 2014, 10:27 pm

ShadowRaven wrote:
BrainyAche wrote:I hope that Stephen Amell is involved in this nobody can replace him as Green Arrow.

Lots of people could easily replace him. It would be better if there was no crossover between Arrow and the new films. Also, the League already has the Batfleck, who's guaranteed to be less "grounded" than the Nolan version and will probably have a higher skill level and better technology. Wouldn't Amell's GA be redundant?

But if they do put him in the movie, he needs a new suit to match the movie budget aesthetic. Seeing him stand next to people in top notch film quality costumes while wearing something that was made for TV would just be jarring.

I agree. I sincerely hope they don't cross Arrow and new movies over...
Last edited by RAID3N on Apr 29th, 2014, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby Peel » Apr 29th, 2014, 5:18 pm

If Green Arrow is going to appear in this at all, I hope he replaces Green Lantern and is played by someone like Jake Gyllenhaal or Garret Hedlund.

One director I think should have been signed on to direct the Justice League; Alfonso Cuaron. He would have been fantastic, especially after how well Gravity turned out, or even someone like JJ Abrams, who can easily build up a passion for his sci-fi movies.

Producers that definitely need to be consulted for this movie are the likes of Charles Roven, David Heyman and Damon Lindelof. A comicbook consultant should be put on as producer too, and I don't want Geoff Johns because he's only really been so prominent with the new 52; bring on Grant Morrison to do the job, especially since it looks like we'll have a gruff 1990s Batman and a 'Conan the Barbarian' themed Aquaman. He was the man who brought the Justice League back to a popular comic series again and wrote great stories, and I think this DCCU needs him.

I've been hearing lately as well that as well as Jason Momoa, WB are looking at Matt Damon to take the role of Aquaman. I think this is a cover up; Momoa will play Aquaman and Matt Damon may play the Flash. Can see it happening.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Pieter » Apr 29th, 2014, 5:25 pm

I hope Mamoa isn't Aquaman....
Damon would be a better Aquaman than Mamoa.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Peel » Apr 29th, 2014, 5:29 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote:I hope Mamoa isn't Aquaman....
Damon would be a better Aquaman than Mamoa.

Both good actors, but it depends on the version they go for.

What I find most interesting though, is that the Grant Morrison version of Aquaman during the 1990s (the one used in JLU), they said they were going for a 'Conan The Barbarian sort of guy'...And look whose rumoured to be playing him.

They're both really good actors, but it's down to which version. Damon would be better if it's the new 52 version, but if it's Snyder's own version (Most likely) or Morrison's version, probably will be Jason Momoa. I like Momoa as a person because he can be very intimidating and would do Aquaman's reputation well, but as an actor, he hasn't really done that much. Though the same could be said to an extent with Damon outside the Bourne movies.
Peel

Postby Pieter » Apr 29th, 2014, 7:03 pm

You know peel if they go for the barbarian Aquaman Tom Hardy would be pretty awesome....
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Peel » Apr 29th, 2014, 7:22 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote:You know peel if they go for the barbarian Aquaman Tom Hardy would be pretty awesome....

Yes! You finally said it, now let's take a chance;

Though chances are Snyder won't even think of good actors like Tom Hardy or Nikolaj Coster Waldau...With their logic, they'll go for Nicholas Cage...
Peel

Postby johnsyggel » Apr 29th, 2014, 8:41 pm

^^^Yay,Nic Cage as...well,everyone!!!That would be awesome!
God,no...
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby Peel » Apr 29th, 2014, 9:01 pm

johnsyggel wrote:^^^Yay,Nic Cage as...well,everyone!!!That would be awesome!
God,no...

Oh I can see it now...

THE JUSTICE CAGE

Evil doers beware! From now on, you will think twice about committing a crime, when the Justice Cage are on the scene!
Peel

Postby johnsyggel » Apr 30th, 2014, 8:48 pm

^^^Ηahahaha!!!! Nic Cage is the man!Or woman.Wonder-woman!
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby CROD » Jun 17th, 2014, 10:50 pm

Going back and reading the op makes me realize how far DC has come. I still see people thinking a JL movie is coming out too soon. This was written in 2012. DC is ready and I'm loving the rumored lineup of films.
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby RAID3N » Jun 18th, 2014, 12:04 am

CROD wrote:Going back and reading the op makes me realize how far DC has come. I still see people thinking a JL movie is coming out too soon. This was written in 2012. DC is ready and I'm loving the rumored lineup of films.

agreed, but I'd personally prefer MoS 2 to come out before BvS tho...
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby Red_Robin » Jun 18th, 2014, 7:11 am

CROD wrote:Going back and reading the op makes me realize how far DC has come. I still see people thinking a JL movie is coming out too soon. This was written in 2012. DC is ready and I'm loving the rumored lineup of films.

Too bad they didn't pick up our Batman TV show idea too... Constantine, though.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby CROD » Jun 18th, 2014, 5:04 pm

True I'd love a Batman TV show done right. I am optimistic about Gotham. I don't think Arrow, Flash and the other shows will tie in to this JL movie.

Excited for Constantine. :adam:
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JakeFreeman256 » Jun 19th, 2014, 6:05 am

As far as villains go, I'm really hoping for Darkseid in the JL movie, and Doomsday in either BvS or the Man of Steel sequel.

I'm pretty interested in the rumored list of films WB and DC are planning, but I'm not sure all of them are legitimate, or if it includes all of the films that are coming soon. The first thing I noticed about the list was the absence of a solo Batman movie. Aside from the fact that I, and I assume many others on here, believe Batman to be the greatest "super" hero ever, he's also a HUGE cash cow for WB. People that haven't the slightest interest in super heroes, comics, etc. flock to see Batman films due to how prominent he is in popular culture. From what I remember, the list of rumored films reaches to 2018, and there was no Batman. I'm not saying any of the other films won't happen, but I have trouble believing that WB really plan to release a Shazam film before a new Batman one.

While on that topic too, I'm hoping that whenever the Batman reboot(s) come about, they're retain the darkness of the Nolanverse but take a far less realistic approach. The ways Nolan did all the villains in his films were brilliant, in my opinion, but I still want to see an actual 600 year old, Lazarus Pit dependent Ra's, and I want to see villains Nolan could have never used like Killer Croc (though the average person who isn't aware of his existence would probably believe him to be a rip-off Lizard from Amazing Spiderman), Clayface, Man-Bat, and obviously a new take on the Joker.
"Enjoy yourself out there... in the asylum. Just don't forget -- if it ever gets too tough... there's always a place for you here."
JakeFreeman256

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby CROD » Jun 19th, 2014, 8:47 am

I'm with you on Doomsday and Darkseid. Some people are saying its too soon but Im tired of people pushing for a Marvel route every time. There are many stories and villains to use afterward, I say go for it too! :adam:
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Batman Movies Discussion