[Poll] Favourite Animated Batman film

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Choose your FAVOURITE Animated Batman film

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: [Poll] Favourite animated Batman film

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 30th, 2013, 9:33 am

Sorry...I can edit it if you want? Surely there must be one part you like more than the other? And if not, just vote for one and say you're counting them the same?

Feel free to abstain if you want to...but realise that it will hurt my feelings. :(
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Enigma » Jun 30th, 2013, 10:42 am

I'm caught between Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Batman: Under the Red Hood and the two parts of TDKR. Yeah, I don't think I'll be casting my vote in a hurry.

batman404 wrote:
Bane wrote:you should really just count TDKR parts 1 and 2 as a whole, they are intended to just be one big movie and they are actually re-releasing them with both movies on one disc as one big movie, doesn't really make any sense why you would like one part and not the other. and it would probably get more votes if it was just combined, which would give us a more accurate result.

Agreed. Great idea for a poll but I didn't vote, simply because I couldn't vote for TDKR in its entirety.

If you'd like them to be counted as one long film then unofficially combine the votes for each. By that point it's coming in third at the moment with two votes.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Pieter » Jun 30th, 2013, 12:12 pm

UTRH for me the emotions of that story the fact that it shows while Batman can change and influence people in a good way he can also have a bad influence.
My Second place would be RTOJ because it is probably the darkest DCAU has ever got.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Maultest » Jun 30th, 2013, 12:17 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote: My Second place would be RTOJ because it is probably the darkest DCAU has ever got.

I would Have to disagree slightly with this, I think That RTOJ is just slightly less dark, SLIGHTLY, Then MOTP, though It's likely because It has has more of emotional connection that makes the viewer feel more. But then again It's just my opinon.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Postby batman404 » Jun 30th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:Sorry...I can edit it if you want? Surely there must be one part you like more than the other? And if not, just vote for one and say you're counting them the same?

Feel free to abstain if you want to...but realise that it will hurt my feelings. :(

Haha, well I don't wanna hurt your feelings Ewan. Voted for part 1, mainly because the scene in which Batman "returns" is my favourite moment in both film and comics.
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 30th, 2013, 1:27 pm

batman404 wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:Sorry...I can edit it if you want? Surely there must be one part you like more than the other? And if not, just vote for one and say you're counting them the same?

Haha, well I don't wanna hurt your feelings Ewan. Voted for part 1, mainly because the scene in which Batman "returns" is my favourite moment in both film and comics.

Haha. :oldyella:

Great scene too, really thought they adapted the first half of the novel very well, sucks that I'm yet to see part 2 though.
Harvey Bullock

Postby Pieter » Jun 30th, 2013, 1:30 pm

My problems with year one and tdkr are that while they are good movies what is the point in adapting a story almost word for word to a movie ?
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 30th, 2013, 1:34 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote:My problems with year one and tdkr are that while they are good movies what is the point in adapting a story almost word for word to a movie ?

Because its a fantastic transition to watch, and its a great way to experience a story you love again but in a different way. :adam:
Harvey Bullock

Postby Maultest » Jun 30th, 2013, 1:35 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote:My problems with year one and tdkr are that while they are good movies what is the point in adapting a story almost word for word to a movie ?

1. Some People are Just Lazy And don't want to read it

2. People want to see their Favorite stories on the Big Screen

3. It's A Batman Story

4. They are iconic Stories that are well known and can pull in fans

Add the 4 of them and You get reason # 5

5. Profits.
Maultest

Postby Peel » Jun 30th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Voted for Mask of the Phantasm as I guessed Return Of The Joker would be amongst the most popular, and MOTP is just a great Joker story that at the same time manages to connect to Bruce Wayne's early years.

I'm surprised at the large popularity in Under The Red Hood; I know it's recent and popular, but I just expected more popularity for the older films like SubZero.

I haven't gotten time to watch Dark Knight Returns Part 2 yet, but I think that'll probably be in my top three when I do.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Maultest » Jun 30th, 2013, 6:31 pm

I-am-the-Peel wrote:Voted for Mask of the Phantasm as I guessed Return Of The Joker would be amongst the most popular, and MOTP is just a great Joker story that at the same time manages to connect to Bruce Wayne's early years.

I'm surprised at the large popularity in Under The Red Hood; I know it's recent and popular, but I just expected more popularity for the older films like SubZero.

I'm surprised as well, I think The Film is overrated, Most kids these days Don't Watch the old stuff.
Maultest

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 30th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Maultest wrote:
I-am-the-Peel wrote:Voted for Mask of the Phantasm as I guessed Return Of The Joker would be amongst the most popular, and MOTP is just a great Joker story that at the same time manages to connect to Bruce Wayne's early years.

I'm surprised as well, I think The Film is overrated, Most kids these days Don't Watch the old stuff.

It's probably my third favourite Bat-film, which is weird considering I really didn't like the graphic novel it was based on. I guess Winnick just writes better for screen adaptations rather than straight-up comic story-lines.
Harvey Bullock

Postby BobGun » Jun 30th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Mask of the Phantasm is a personal favourite, but ROTJ is easily as good, and probably a bit more underrated. In both, Hamill cranks it way past ten, and really gives the films an edge over other animations.

While those two will always be my favourites, TDKR pt. 1&2 were near perfect renditions. Batman's return in part 1 and the "tunnel of love" sequence from part 2 are worth the admission alone.
BobGun

Favourite Graphic Novel: Devil's Advocate

Postby batman404 » Jun 30th, 2013, 8:15 pm

^ The tunnel of love sequence is another favourite of mine. Weller and Emerson were both fantastic in that scene, but the part that stood out to me most was probably Bruce hesitating to put his finger on the trigger of a gun. A blink and you'll miss it moment, but it speaks volumes about the character.
batman404

Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Blackbeard Pirates » Jul 2nd, 2013, 5:33 am

Has to be Mask of the Phantasm for cause i grew up with it and it has a special place. But Under The Red Hood is a close 2nd
This "New Era" they talk about is a load of sh*t. The age where pirates dream is over!? Eh!? Oi! Zehahahaha! PEOPLES DREAMS... DON'T EVER END! AM I RIGHT?
Blackbeard Pirates

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

PreviousNext

Return to Batman Movies Discussion