YOUR DCCU!

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Re: YOUR DCCU!

Postby TheCat » May 23rd, 2014, 10:02 pm

I absolutely adore your ideas, baconfat!
Although I definitely want a John Stewart GL film, not Hal.
We'd be lucky to get 3 WW films.
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Pieter » May 24th, 2014, 5:13 am

If it were up to me the JL would be the magnificent seven also I'm sorry but for a JL origin movie Aquaman is necessary way more than Cyborg or even MM.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby MaxSchreck » May 24th, 2014, 1:58 pm

I´d love to see Shazam as a founding member of the Justice League. If he is in I would even forgive the absence of Aquaman and MM.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby TheCat » May 24th, 2014, 2:24 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:I´d love to see Shazam as a founding member of the Justice League. If he is in I would even forgive the absence of Aquaman and MM.

Seeing as DC is shoving New 52 on their media, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.
Like they did in Justice League War...
But honestly I'm too attached to MM to see him be replaced. I was re-watching episodes of Justice League with my boyfriend yesterday & I love MM. xD
Shazam is....eh. lol.
TheCat

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Peel » May 24th, 2014, 2:41 pm

The way I see it;

-Superman is confirmed
-Batman is confirmed
-Wonder Woman is confirmed
-Cyborg is confirmed

WB will likely want three more members; now that they have two that can promote gender and racial diversity, all they can do now is choose characters that are popular, will have a big role in the plot and do not come across as Avenger ripoffs (At least, not completely). From that, the main characters I think should be considered for those spots are;

-Green Lantern (Both Hal Jordan and John Stewart) - 50% chance to be in movie
-Flash (Barry Allen, Wally West and Jay Garrick) - 50% chance atm, will increase with Flash show popularity
-Captain Atom - 25-30% chance to be in movie
-Shazam (His powers could be seen similar to Thor's, so his personality would have to be emphasised a lot) - 40% chance to be in movie
-Martian Manhunter - 45% chance to be in movie
-Aquaman - 60% chance to be in movie
-Zatanna - 40% chance to be in movie
-Hawkman and Hawkgirl - 25-35% chance to be in movie

From that, I would personally suggest another form of diversity that would be a nice niche for the JL to have over the Avengers, however may be debatable; age diversity. Have an old member of the team like Jay Garrick Flash, and have a very young member of the team like Billy Batson. Sure the Avengers technically have a nintety year old Captain America with them, but age diversity could work more explicitly here. Who would welcome the idea for example, to see Tom Hanks as Jay Garrick Flash saving the day alongside Batfleck and Henryman? I personally think it would be sheer dramatic brilliance, and would give great exemplar to the story.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Previous

Return to Batman Movies Discussion