Justice League: Lineup

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Justice League: Lineup

Postby Deathstroke » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:58 am

Okay, so obviously after Batman vs. Superman it will open up the DC movie universe in many ways. With the recent casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Ray Fisher as Cyborg, I've been thinking. What will be the exact roster for the eventual Justice League movie? With the cyborg announcement it seems as if they are going the new 52 route, and I think they may even use elements from Justice League: Origin and Justice League: War. It could differ though, so I've decided to make a few lists. Them being a list of who I think will be in the JL roster, who I want to be in the roster, and who I want in a sequel to join the team. Post your lists of who you think, want and want in a sequel and I will keep one giant list in the OP of who is confirmed to be in the lineup!

Official List (what we know so far):

Superman: Henry Cavill (CONFIRMED)
Batman: Ben Affleck (CONFIRMED)
Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot (CONFIRMED)
Cyborg: Ray Fisher (CONFIRMED)
Green Lantern: Dwayne Johnson (RUMORED)

Who I Think will appear:

-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-Green Lantern
-Flash
-Aquaman
-Cyborg

Who I Want:

-Superman
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
-Green Lantern
-Flash
-Aquaman
-Martian Manhunter

Who I Want to Join in a JL Sequel:

-Green Arrow (Stephen Amell?)
-Hawkman
-Martian Manhunter (if he doesn't appear in the first)
-Black Canary
Deathstroke

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Re: Justice League: Lineup

Postby BlackBlade » Apr 25th, 2014, 6:04 am

Please, at this rate everyone mention will appear in BvS in some way or another. By the time we get to a JL movie we'll have Red Tornado, Guy Gardiner, Hal Jordan and John Stewart (who knows, maybe even Kyle Rainer), Captain Atom and a host of others. I'm still not convinced even they won't be in BvS.
~"They say that when you kill a man you not only take away what he was, but all he will ever be."
BlackBlade

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Red Hood: Lost Years

Postby Fero » Apr 25th, 2014, 11:26 am

I want

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal or John, doesnt really matter)
Flash
Aquaman
Cyborg

And add Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Hawkman, Green Arrow for a sequel

I used New 52 lineup because it would be easier for newer watchers of the film to get into comics if they saw that it was the same as the movie.

MM, Shazam etc. would be useful for a sequel as back-up members
Fero

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: City of Owls

Postby Peel » Apr 25th, 2014, 12:32 pm

I want:

Henry Cavill as Superman
Batfleck as Batfleck
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
Alex O'Loughlin as Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Chris Pine as Flash (Barry Allen)
Ray Fisher as Cyborg
Will Smith as Martian Manhunter

Introduce an Aquaman movie straight after with Tom Hardy as Aquaman.

Introduce more of the Batfamily, the superman family and the suicide squad in phase two. Introduce Green Arrow and Captain Atom in phase three, zatanna and shazam in phase four, and be done there.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby arkhamcitydood » Apr 25th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Just so you know, it was confirmed a few weeks ago that Dwayne Johnson wont be playing a green lantern character. I believe he'll be a villain. Maybe a CG villain, like how Diesel is Groot. The Rock would make a pretty good Doomsday IMO.
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Mr Wayne » Apr 25th, 2014, 2:30 pm

As my previous pick for flash I've decided seeing as Chris Pine has admitted he hates comic books he shouldn't be anywhere near the DCU.

Henry as Superman
Ben as Batman
Gadot as Diana
Ray as Vic
John Krasinski as Barry/Flash
--------------------

Lantern and Martian Manhunter introduced later on.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby RdJokr » Apr 25th, 2014, 3:12 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:Just so you know, it was confirmed a few weeks ago that Dwayne Johnson wont be playing a green lantern character. I believe he'll be a villain. Maybe a CG villain, like how Diesel is Groot. The Rock would make a pretty good Doomsday IMO.

Didn't they get him to play Black Adam in a proposed Shazam movie before? Maybe he'll be playing Black Adam now.
RdJokr

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby TheJester » Apr 25th, 2014, 6:15 pm

I'm hoping we won't see too many more hero announcements for BvS, but if there are I'm hoping for John Stewart and Martian Manhunter. Introduce Aquaman, Hawkman/girl, Shazam, Flash etc later on in Phase 2.

I-am-the-Peel wrote:Introduce more of the Batfamily, the superman family and the suicide squad in phase two. Introduce Green Arrow and Captain Atom in phase three, zatanna and shazam in phase four, and be done there.

I like the idea of having team movies too. Similar to GotG I guess (hell, when have DC NOT tried to copy Marvel's cinematic success), I'd love a Squad movie.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Peel » Apr 25th, 2014, 6:32 pm

TheJester wrote:I'm hoping we won't see too many more hero announcements for BvS, but if there are I'm hoping for John Stewart and Martian Manhunter. Introduce Aquaman, Hawkman/girl, Shazam, Flash etc later on in Phase 2.

I-am-the-Peel wrote:Introduce more of the Batfamily, the superman family and the suicide squad in phase two. Introduce Green Arrow and Captain Atom in phase three, zatanna and shazam in phase four, and be done there.

I like the idea of having team movies too. Similar to GotG I guess (hell, when have DC NOT tried to copy Marvel's cinematic success), I'd love a Squad movie.

Team up movies could honestly be the future; two lower budget movies a year focusing on other lesser known heroes in the DCU, One shots focusing on prominent DC characters, and one big team up movie every year. It would also mean no founders of the Justice League would just disappear until the next big JL movie (Like Hawkeye and Hulk). A Batman/Cyborg movie about his batfamily, a superman/green lantern flick about mongul, a Wonder Woman/Martian Manhunter flick about the two integrating themselves into society, and an aquaman origin movie with Flash introducing him to world politics so he can set up atlantis as a new nation.
Peel

Postby BrainyAche » Apr 25th, 2014, 9:00 pm

I want Ryan Reynolds back as Hall Jordan I think he did his best and maybe a Green Lantern sequel would correct the mistakes of the first movie.
BrainyAche

Postby Peel » Apr 25th, 2014, 9:11 pm

BrainyAche wrote:I want Ryan Reynolds back as Hall Jordan I think he did his best and maybe a Green Lantern sequel would correct the mistakes of the first movie.

1. Listen to Ryan Reynolds' version of the Green Lantern oath at the end of the movie when he is fighting Parallax, and tell me it doesn't sound goofy or weird.

2. He's already confirmed he doesn't want to return for a sequel or reboot, or anything relating to the character.

We just need someone else to play the character. I figured Nathan Fillion was perfect (He voices the character in robot chicken), but now he's on Guardians of the Galaxy apparently so that probably won't happen.
Peel

Postby Deathstroke » Apr 25th, 2014, 10:26 pm

I-am-the-Peel wrote:
BrainyAche wrote:I want Ryan Reynolds back as Hall Jordan I think he did his best and maybe a Green Lantern sequel would correct the mistakes of the first movie.

1. Listen to Ryan Reynolds' version of the Green Lantern oath at the end of the movie when he is fighting Parallax, and tell me it doesn't sound goofy or weird.

2. He's already confirmed he doesn't want to return for a sequel or reboot, or anything relating to the character.

We just need someone else to play the character. I figured Nathan Fillion was perfect (He voices the character in robot chicken), but now he's on Guardians of the Galaxy apparently so that probably won't happen.

Well, he could MAYBE still be Green Lantern, right? Reynolds was Deadpool and then Lantern in just the span of a few years...
Deathstroke

Postby Peel » Apr 25th, 2014, 10:35 pm

Deathstroke wrote:
I-am-the-Peel wrote:

Well, he could MAYBE still be Green Lantern, right? Reynolds was Deadpool and then Lantern in just the span of a few years...

But he's already said he doesn't want to perform as the character anymore, and he's said that for three years now.

And given the setup of Man of Steel where everyone treats Superman as if he's the first alien to the world and apparently later heroes like batman and wonder woman would show up as a reaction to his presence, I don't think Ryan Reynolds' Lantern is cannon.
Peel

Postby Deathstroke » Apr 25th, 2014, 10:50 pm

I-am-the-Peel wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
I-am-the-Peel wrote:

But he's already said he doesn't want to perform as the character anymore, and he's said that for three years now.

And given the setup of Man of Steel where everyone treats Superman as if he's the first alien to the world and apparently later heroes like batman and wonder woman would show up as a reaction to his presence, I don't think Ryan Reynolds' Lantern is cannon.

I wasn't referring to that. I was saying that Fillion should still be able to do the role of Green Lantern even though he's working on a marvel movie. I just used Reynolds as an example :alfred:
Deathstroke

Postby Peel » Apr 25th, 2014, 11:05 pm

Deathstroke wrote:
I-am-the-Peel wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
I-am-the-Peel wrote:

I wasn't referring to that. I was saying that Fillion should still be able to do the role of Green Lantern even though he's working on a marvel movie. I just used Reynolds as an example :alfred:

Oh fair enough, yeah that could still work I guess. It might have a good chance too considering he likely won't appear in the next avengers movie or become a big face for the marvel film universe. So I guess he could still be Green Lantern.

Knowing Snyder and Warner Bros. though, they'll probably end up casting someone like Nicholas Cage for Green Lantern, something completely random and thoughtless.
Peel

Next

Return to Batman Movies Discussion