DC Animated Aquaman Feature for 2015

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Re: DC Animated Aquaman Feature for 2015

Postby Pieter » Jan 13th, 2015, 9:59 pm

Just watched and I can say it was pretty good although I was a bit disappointed.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 14th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Wasn´t dissapointed by the movie, but then again I really did not expect all that much from it when it finally came out.

Spoiler: show
Orm was portrayed really badly in my opinion. In the comics they managed to make him a complex character with understandable motives, but here he was just a pathetic, backstabbing WHAM.

And where was Vulco? I was hoping he would make another appearance since he already played a small roll in Flashpoint Paradox. That was really a wasted chance if you ask me. The revelation of his betrayl was one of the best scenes in the original story arc.

I also would have hoped to see some more scenes between Cyborg and Shazam. Those two are the best comic duo after Batman and Robin if you ask me :oldyella: New 52 Billy has really grown on me over time.

What I really liked about this movie, though was the portrayl of Batman. He really did nothing else than Detective work for the League (and gave Hal another lecture) which really worked if you ask me. In War they were still trying to hard to make him seem important during the big fights.

All in all I give this movie a 7/10. It was about as good as an average episode of Young Justice. Really wish this would come out as a show instead of a movie.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Pieter » Jan 15th, 2015, 8:43 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Wasn´t dissapointed by the movie, but then again I really did not expect all that much from it when it finally came out.

Orm was portrayed really badly in my opinion. In the comics they managed to make him a complex character with understandable motives, but here he was just a pathetic, backstabbing WHAM.

And where was Vulco? I was hoping he would make another appearance since he already played a small roll in Flashpoint Paradox. That was really a wasted chance if you ask me. The revelation of his betrayl was one of the best scenes in the original story arc.

I also would have hoped to see some more scenes between Cyborg and Shazam. Those two are the best comic duo after Batman and Robin if you ask me :oldyella: New 52 Billy has really grown on me over time.

What I really liked about this movie, though was the portrayl of Batman. He really did nothing else than Detective work for the League (and gave Hal another lecture) which really worked if you ask me. In War they were still trying to hard to make him seem important during the big fights.

All in all I give this movie a 7/10. It was about as good as an average episode of Young Justice. Really wish this would come out as a show instead of a movie.

I agree with that plus....
Plus Mera felt like a lackey and Black Manta and Doctor Shin were wasted.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Sevket » Jan 15th, 2015, 9:33 am

It was good but not great 7/10
Sevket

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 9th, 2015, 7:42 am

Throne of Atlantis was a big step up from JL: War, but still nowhere near the old standard of DC features.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Shadow of the Bat » Feb 11th, 2015, 7:09 am

Watched it. I think it was alright but i didnt felt they did Aquaman justice.
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Postby redlegend26 » Feb 17th, 2015, 10:30 am

Better than JL: War but not the best by far. It was nice to see Aquaman in action. I enjoyed the scenes with Batman and Green Lantern too.
Thanks BlackLightning!
Follow me on Twitter @IamMajorrTee, Instagram @ bruce.wayne___
redlegend26

Favourite Graphic Novel: Battle for the Cowl

Previous

Return to Batman Movies Discussion