"Batman VS. Robin" and "Justice League: Gods and Monsters"

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Re: "Batman VS. Robin" and "Justice League: Gods and Monster

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jan 17th, 2015, 3:04 am

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:Again I'm having issues with the YouTube link. Here we go anyway.
http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qtdJl6ccK18

Fixed it, hun. Looks decent. Worth a watch.
Prisoner 4011

Postby batman404 » Jan 17th, 2015, 4:55 am

It looks good, but I don't like that they've changed the Court of Owls story so much, or that they keep hiring the same voice actors (I liked it when they changed it all up each flick). I'll remain cautiously optimistic on this one, at least Jay Oliva is directing.

Jeremy Sisto as Talon though is fuckin' brilliant casting, and Conroy's back as Thomas Wayne!

Source
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jan 17th, 2015, 9:12 am

batman404 wrote:It looks good, but I don't like that they've changed the Court of Owls story so much, or that they keep hiring the same voice actors (I liked it when they changed it all up each flick). I'll remain cautiously optimistic on this one, at least Jay Oliva is directing.

Jeremy Sisto as Talon though is fuckin' brilliant casting, and Conroy's back as Thomas Wayne!

Source

Those bottom two castings are the only things drawing me to this at the moment. Sisto was a brilliant Batman.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 17th, 2015, 11:34 am

Really hope Batman vs Robin will be better than Son of Batman. They have to improve Damians characterization espacially. But judging by the trailer he is still just as aggresive and unlikeable as in first movie. Hopefully this will improve when he and Bruce will learn to work together as a team.

I was surprised when I learned that Dollmaker would have a role in the movie, though I suspect it will only be a short appearance as the villain Batman and Robin fight at the beginning to show the two in action. You can see his creatures at 0:35 in the trailer.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby AW8 » Jan 17th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Happy to see Robin Atkin Downes, Grey DeLisle and Kevin Conroy in the voice cast.

I loved the "Get the hell out of my cave" line, oh, and Thrasher Armor.

Overall, it looks as dull as the other New 52-esque shared universe movies though. I don't like the animation style at all, Damian's pretty obnoxious, and I don't have high hopes for the story.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jan 17th, 2015, 8:19 pm

AW8 wrote:Happy to see Robin Atkin Downes, Grey DeLisle and Kevin Conroy in the voice cast.

Overall, it looks as dull as the other New 52-esque shared universe movies though. I don't like the animation style at all, Damian's pretty obnoxious, and I don't have high hopes for the story.

DC's animation department really took a hit after the Flashpoint Paradox. It's all been terrible since...
Harvey Bullock

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Jan 18th, 2015, 2:36 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Mr_Weasel_ wrote:Again I'm having issues with the YouTube link. Here we go anyway.
http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qtdJl6ccK18

Fixed it, hun. Looks decent. Worth a watch.

Ta! :D
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jan 18th, 2015, 4:21 am

Oh, how very British of you, Mr. Weasel. You're very welcome, kind sir. :-)
Prisoner 4011

Postby Pieter » Jan 18th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:
AW8 wrote:Happy to see Robin Atkin Downes, Grey DeLisle and Kevin Conroy in the voice cast.

DC's animation department really took a hit after the Flashpoint Paradox. It's all been terrible since...

I really liked Assault On Arkham, War was terrible, SOB was mediocre and TOA was good but wasted it's potential.
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jan 18th, 2015, 4:27 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:

I really liked Assault On Arkham, War was terrible, SOB was mediocre and TOA was good but wasted it's potential.

Oh I forgot about Assault on Arkham! I liked that, but it's undeniable that DC's animation isn't as up to scratch as it once was.
Harvey Bullock

Postby Mani-Man » Jan 18th, 2015, 5:22 pm

So basicly what i get from the trailer is that they took the court of owls story and mixed it with the one Batman&Robin story
Spoiler: show
(the one in which Damian killes the guy when he stabbed him in his head with two fingers)

I dont like this, either tell one story or the other...dont mix them together.
The Court of owls story deserves more then one movie that could focus on robin.

What is it with DC and wanting to bring in more heroes instead of focusing on one for a particular story.
We already had son of batman, now focus on the story of the owls and not on robin again.

Even in the Animated universe Dc tries to hard to succeed instead of trying to just make a enjoyable movie.

Animation wise and from the look, it comes of as rushed and pale...the japanese studios do better work in one week then this.
I hope that at least some good fight scenes between batman and the Talons come out of it.
Mani-Man

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 31st, 2015, 2:06 pm

While a direct adaptation might have been better I kinda like the idea of having the Court of Owls appear in the Batman and Robin movies. At first it seems a bit far fetched that they are able to turn Damian against Bruce, but when you think about how little they trust each other at the moment its actually quite believeable. Damian does not fully agree with Batmans methods and when an organization like the Court comes along that had kept itself hidden from Batman and "protected" Gotham by assassinating "corrupt" politicians etc he could come to the conclusion that Batman is actually harmful for Gotham because he is not willing to kill his opponents and thus creates monsters like the Joker or Two-Face. Of course sooner or later Damian will discover that the Court is really just using the Talons to gain more influence and power or how their Assassins are created and change sides again.

You could have told the same story with Nobody, but I like the idea of portraying the Court of Owls as a seemingly noble organization that has existed for Centuries. Damian has much more in common with those aristocratic manipulators than he had with Ducard, who obviously was just a lone, deranged murderer.

Edit:

Finally found the sneak peak for Batman vs Robin. Looks pretty good if you ask me... I espacially like the design of the Court of Owls members and the Dollmaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=472q2jI7lgw#t=590

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby batman404 » Apr 3rd, 2015, 9:26 am

This looks really good so far, I kinda like that they've added Damian to the labyrinth scene. And Damian Wayne Batman looks awesome! I just hope it's better than the (disappointing) Son of Batman flick, fingers crossed.
batman404

Postby Dick » Apr 3rd, 2015, 9:33 am

batman404 wrote:I just hope it's better than the (disappointing) Son of Batman flick, fingers crossed.

I watched it the other day and it's A LOT better than Son of Batman.
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby batman404 » Apr 3rd, 2015, 9:40 am

Dick wrote:
batman404 wrote:I just hope it's better than the (disappointing) Son of Batman flick, fingers crossed.

I watched it the other day and it's A LOT better than Son of Batman.

Oh cool, good to hear. It's out? I can't get it here 'til the 22nd.
batman404

PreviousNext

Return to Batman Movies Discussion