Burton & Keaton returning to Batman

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Burton & Keaton returning to Batman

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 14th, 2014, 10:47 pm

I think these two should definitely return for another Batman. It wouldn't necessarily even have to be a full feature length. What I think would be really cool is a pulp noir Burton/Keaton Batman short where we really get to see Batman's detective and forensic work. Check out the artwork for Francesco Francavilla's 'The Crimson Harvest' http://pulpsunday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/more-on-batmans-crimson-harvest.html

Regardless if you like Burton's Batman films or not, Batman & Batman Returns are visual masterpieces. I can understand the retaliation that modern Batman comic fans have towards the films, but I truly feel the 1989 and 1992 releases have more in common with what Bob Kane envisioned when he created Batman 75 years ago.

As for Keaton he will always be my favorite physical interpretation of Bruce Wayne and Batman. In both films you really got that sense of dichotomy and internal struggle as Bruce, and he always looks badass in the suit.

"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Re: Burton & Keaton returning to Batman

Postby batwayne007 » Oct 14th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Tim Burton is insane and needs to stay away from Batman. It's a shame Michael Keaton is obsessed with him.
Batman: DO YOU WANNA GET NUTS??!! COME ON!! let's get nuts.
Joker: Tell me something my friend. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Batman: What?
batwayne007
Banned
Banned

Favourite Villain: MISTAH FREEEZE
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 15th, 2014, 7:51 am

batwayne007 wrote:Tim Burton is insane and needs to stay away from Batman. It's a shame Michael Keaton is obsessed with him.

Without Tim Burton and the success of Batman you wouldn't have had the animated series or the Nolan films. There was nothing like it before and Burton paved the way for the success of Batman on screens for decades.
HaHaHa

Postby TheJester » Oct 15th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Keaton is my favourite Batman (Bale is my favourite Bruce, but Keaton stills nails it I think), and Returns is my favourite live action Bat film, so I see no reason why he couldn't return for the role. Especially with the release of Birdman coming soon, which is clearly winking to the audience about Keaton's role as the Caped Crusader. Keaton is a damn good actor, it'd be interesting to see him play an older Bruce.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby batwayne007 » Oct 15th, 2014, 3:00 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
batwayne007 wrote:Tim Burton is insane and needs to stay away from Batman. It's a shame Michael Keaton is obsessed with him.

Without Tim Burton and the success of Batman you wouldn't have had the animated series or the Nolan films. There was nothing like it before and Burton paved the way for the success of Batman on screens for decades.

It still could have been successful if someone who cares about Batman directed it. Then there would have been a true Batman movie a while ago.
Joker: Tell me something my friend. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
batwayne007
Banned
Banned

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 15th, 2014, 4:09 pm

batwayne007 wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:

It still could have been successful if someone who cares about Batman directed it. Then there would have been a true Batman movie a while ago.

Burton's were true Batman films. The man who created Batman gave them the big thumbs up! They just wern't the same as the comics and graphic novels that people were accustomed to at that time.

TheJester wrote:Keaton is my favourite Batman (Bale is my favourite Bruce, but Keaton stills nails it I think), and Returns is my favourite live action Bat film, so I see no reason why he couldn't return for the role. Especially with the release of Birdman coming soon, which is clearly winking to the audience about Keaton's role as the Caped Crusader. Keaton is a damn good actor, it'd be interesting to see him play an older Bruce.

Glad to see Returns getting some love! I've just ordered it on blu ray because the production design and lighting on that film is absolutely beautiful.

I'd like to see Keaton return and to see Billy Dee Williams get his chance to play Harvey Dent/Two Face.
HaHaHa

Postby Dick » Oct 15th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Tim Burton sits in his living room on a night, feet up with a nice cup of coco and he looks out his window and sees Johnny Depp and Michael Keaton's faces pressed up against window looking at him longingly. Tim has to make the agonising walk over to close the curtains all the while those two are staring at him. A single tear slips from their eyes as the curtain is shut. They stay there all night.
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby batwayne007 » Oct 15th, 2014, 11:54 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
batwayne007 wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:

Burton's were true Batman films. The man who created Batman gave them the big thumbs up! They just wern't the same as the comics and graphic novels that people were accustomed to at that time.

TheJester wrote:Keaton is my favourite Batman (Bale is my favourite Bruce, but Keaton stills nails it I think), and Returns is my favourite live action Bat film, so I see no reason why he couldn't return for the role. Especially with the release of Birdman coming soon, which is clearly winking to the audience about Keaton's role as the Caped Crusader. Keaton is a damn good actor, it'd be interesting to see him play an older Bruce.

Glad to see Returns getting some love! I've just ordered it on blu ray because the production design and lighting on that film is absolutely beautiful.

I'd like to see Keaton return and to see Billy Dee Williams get his chance to play Harvey Dent/Two Face.

Burton has stated that he feels Batman's villains are more interesting to him so he decided to make the movies villain focused instead of Batman focused. I know how accurate Batman is but I wish it was more focused on him instead of the Joker and Penguin.
batwayne007
Banned
Banned

Postby Enigma » Oct 16th, 2014, 5:19 am

HaHaHa wrote:The man who created Batman gave them the big thumbs up!

I didn't know Bill Finger was a fan.

batwayne007 wrote:Burton has stated that he feels Batman's villains are more interesting to him so he decided to make the movies villain focused instead of Batman focused. I know how accurate Batman is but I wish it was more focused on him instead of the Joker and Penguin.

villains > Batman

Do not be fooled. :P
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby batwayne007 » Oct 16th, 2014, 2:54 pm

If the movie is called Batman then make it about Batman. I call the first one Joker and the second Penguin.
batwayne007
Banned
Banned

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 16th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Enigma wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:The man who created Batman gave them the big thumbs up!

I didn't know Bill Finger was a fan.

Hmm maybe that's why Bob Kane's called a dick? Anyway shows what I know!
HaHaHa

Postby Harvey Bullock » Oct 16th, 2014, 4:44 pm

batwayne007 wrote:If the movie is called Batman then make it about Batman. I call the first one Joker and the second Penguin.

Batman 89 has far more 'Batman' in it than The Dark Knight does, actually. :oldyella:
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby TheJester » Oct 16th, 2014, 8:29 pm

I for one thought Returns focussed a lot on Bruce and his turmoil between choosing a normal life with Selina or continuing to fight crime as Batman. There's the whole 'two sides of the same coin' speech in it and everything. I actually thought Penguin had a fair amount of screen time, considering they had a new origin to tell.

Though I will admit Jack Nicholson is what makes me dislike 89.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 16th, 2014, 8:46 pm

TheJester wrote:Though I will admit Jack Nicholson is what makes me dislike 89.

What don't you like about Jack?
HaHaHa

Postby batwayne007 » Oct 16th, 2014, 11:49 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:
batwayne007 wrote:If the movie is called Batman then make it about Batman. I call the first one Joker and the second Penguin.

Batman 89 has far more 'Batman' in it than The Dark Knight does, actually. :oldyella:

I don't like TDK.
batwayne007
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Batman Movies Discussion