Batman: Bad Blood - animated movie (featuring Batwoman)

Express your love for TDK, your hate for Batman and Robin or your TDKR anticipation. This is the place to discuss The Batman movies.

Re: Batman: Bad Blood - animated movie (featuring Batwoman)

Postby batman404 » Jul 22nd, 2015, 12:16 am

TheJester wrote:Everything looks pretty great! Wish they'd vary the art style more, but hey ho, I'm liking the story we've seen so far - battle for the cowl! :D

It'd be weird if they changed the art style now though, seeing as this is a continuity based series of flicks. Unlike the other DC animated movies, in which the art style and voice cast was always different.
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby TheJester » Jul 22nd, 2015, 11:06 am

batman404 wrote:
TheJester wrote:Everything looks pretty great! Wish they'd vary the art style more, but hey ho, I'm liking the story we've seen so far - battle for the cowl! :D

It'd be weird if they changed the art style now though, seeing as this is a continuity based series of flicks. Unlike the other DC animated movies, in which the art style and voice cast was always different.

Yeah I understand that, I'd just like to see each film stand out artisticly to give it some uniqueness.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby MaxSchreck » Aug 3rd, 2015, 11:21 pm

I´ve created an rpg based on what we´ve seen in the sneak peek for this film. Thought the Battle for the Cowl like scenario could be fun in such a game since it doesn´t have to have such a complex plot while still enabling everybody to play their favourite characters.

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=23686

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Remote Claw » Oct 14th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Batman: Bad Blood now has a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1DqAUX6N04

And here's the full DC All Access video with some short interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYIUE-Jebaw
Remote Claw

Favourite Villain: The Joker

Postby batman404 » Nov 10th, 2015, 3:40 am

Jay Oliva's love for Batwoman gives me high hopes for her appearance in this flick.

-

BUMP

The release date's been announced. Digital on January 19 and DVD and Blu-ray on February 2 (2016).
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby MaxSchreck » Nov 10th, 2015, 11:05 pm

Ever since Bad Blood has been announced I wanted to start an rpg based on it. Would be great if it could actually begin soon now that we´ve heard more news about this movie.

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=23686
MaxSchreck

Postby The Oracle » Jan 20th, 2016, 10:40 am

Well that was abysmal. Batwoman and Batwing were pointless to even include as they added nothing, the villain plot is hilariously awful, Heretic's little reveal didn't mean anything anyway, and did I mention how bad the villain plot is? Because it is. It's so fucking bad. I do not know how anyone looked at this script and said
Spoiler: show
"Yes, Talia having Heretic kidnap Batman so Calculator can control his tech for her and Mad Hatter can brainwash him and then she can use his new translator tech and Mad Hatter's tech to mind control the world is a brilliant plotline and we're going to devote money to it."

Oh and then there were the fucking exposition dumps. The first half of the film is a giant exposition dump, including even
accessing Bruce's records to watch a video of him STARING INTO THE CAMERA AND TELLING US BATWOMAN'S BACKSTORY.
Jesus Christ, why didn't you just add an "as you know" and EXPOSITION in large bold red letters? And then there's a second exposition dump to top it off! My god, if you're going to spend this much time explaining it, just make an Elegy movie! Wait, no, I don't want that getting fucked up by the people involved with this trash.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 20th, 2016, 11:23 am

Didn´t think it was that bad to be honest, alltough I agree that the villain plot was weak . I did like Batwoman´s scenes. Espacially the ones with Renee.

MaxSchreck

Postby DatBat » Jan 20th, 2016, 3:22 pm

The Oracle wrote:Well that was abysmal. Batwoman and Batwing were pointless to even include as they added nothing, the villain plot is hilariously awful, Heretic's little reveal didn't mean anything anyway, and did I mention how bad the villain plot is? Because it is. It's so fucking bad. I do not know how anyone looked at this script and said
"Yes, Talia having Heretic kidnap Batman so Calculator can control his tech for her and Mad Hatter can brainwash him and then she can use his new translator tech and Mad Hatter's tech to mind control the world is a brilliant plotline and we're going to devote money to it."

Oh and then there were the fucking exposition dumps. The first half of the film is a giant exposition dump, including even
accessing Bruce's records to watch a video of him STARING INTO THE CAMERA AND TELLING US BATWOMAN'S BACKSTORY.
Jesus Christ, why didn't you just add an "as you know" and EXPOSITION in large bold red letters? And then there's a second exposition dump to top it off! My god, if you're going to spend this much time explaining it, just make an Elegy movie! Wait, no, I don't want that getting fucked up by the people involved with this trash.

Regarding the first spoiler tag:
Hahaha oh my god seriously? I was actually kind of excited for this movie. Wow.
When will these DCAU movies quit focusing around the Al Ghul family? Arrow does it too, and it's probably because they're the biggest villains that won't get used in the movies for a while if ever.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Red leader » Jan 20th, 2016, 7:21 pm

The Oracle wrote:Well that was abysmal. Batwoman and Batwing were pointless to even include as they added nothing, the villain plot is hilariously awful, Heretic's little reveal didn't mean anything anyway, and did I mention how bad the villain plot is? Because it is. It's so fucking bad. I do not know how anyone looked at this script and said

How do you think I feel about them using my favorite stories? If my favorite run has to be ruined then we all have to suffer as well. :twisted:
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby DatBat » Jan 20th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Red leader wrote:

How do you think I feel about them using my favorite stories? If my favorite run has to be ruined then we all have to suffer as well. :twisted:

Hey, your profile says your favorite is Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth, and I know that if they made that into a movie it would get messed up and my heart would shatter. At least until Killing Joke they've only been ruining New 52 stuff.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Red leader » Jan 20th, 2016, 11:30 pm

DatBat wrote:
Red leader wrote:

Hey, your profile says your favorite is Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth, and I know that if they made that into a movie it would get messed up and my heart would shatter. At least until Killing Joke they've only been ruining New 52 stuff.

But Batman and Son is not a new 52 thing. They have already started to ruin the pre 52 stuff killing joke is just their invasion on quality work taking a new step. "Begun the dcau wars have".
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Red leader

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 21st, 2016, 12:48 am

Wait... Killing Joke will take place in this Universe, too?

This makes the scene at the end of this movie with Barbara jumping around happily in her bright purple Batsuit seem oddly macabre. Like she has been introduced just so they could cripple her.
".

MaxSchreck

Postby Red leader » Jan 21st, 2016, 2:48 am

MaxSchreck wrote:Wait... Killing Joke will take place in this Universe, too?

This makes the scene at the end of this movie with Barbara jumping around happily in her bright purple Batsuit seem oddly macabre. Like she has been introduced just so they could cripple her.
".

No its not in this universe its thankfully its own thing like assault on arkham. However it would be kinda like the end of UTRH with Jason jumping around.
Red leader

Postby Shadow of the Bat » Jan 22nd, 2016, 7:30 am

Excellent movie, i felt Batwoman's sexuality over-exposition was a little unnecessary, but anything else im glad to see the Batfamily grow, i just wish Red Hood and Red Robin come around eventually.
And please, no selfie Batgirl!!!!!!!!!
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Previous

Return to Batman Movies Discussion