How would you portray your favourite villains?

Discuss everything regarding The Caped Crusader in here!

Re: How would you portray your favourite villains?

Postby Enigma » Jun 19th, 2012, 5:49 am

A1Nutboy wrote:I don't think he was entirely dumb in Aa/Ac. He found people for instance, etc. Comics always depends. It's a mixed bag there. He wasn't anything in Nolanverse though.

What do you mean by "he found people"?
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby A1Nutboy » Jun 19th, 2012, 10:42 am

Enigma wrote:
A1Nutboy wrote:I don't think he was entirely dumb in Aa/Ac. He found people for instance, etc. Comics always depends. It's a mixed bag there. He wasn't anything in Nolanverse though.

What do you mean by "he found people"?

Didn't he figure out where a doctor was, escape, and hunt them whilist demonstrating knowledge of their.daily routine?
A1Nutboy

Favourite Villain: Batman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Enigma » Jun 20th, 2012, 5:18 am

A1Nutboy wrote:Didn't he figure out where a doctor was, escape, and hunt them whilist demonstrating knowledge of their.daily routine?

He was able to correctly list a portion of a doctor's daily routine and arrive at their doorstep later on. So yes, he did. Although the incident proves that he has intelligence on some level, I still don't feel it gives the character justice. I mean, outside of this there's not a hint of intelligence in the guy. It seems he's played up as an idiotic man with an idiotic plan.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby TheAardvark6 » Jun 20th, 2012, 6:48 pm

To be honest, when it comes to Zsasz, I preferred the version in Dini's STREETS OF GOTHAM run. I liked how he made a lot of the lesser criminals nervous and literally had almost no emotion. I liked the psychopathic, sinister look to him, and the way that his knife fighting was unrivalled in the criminal underworld, being able to just cut a swathe through people like a tank.
Batman is riding an elephant. This makes your argument invalid.
TheAardvark6

Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby themaddoc » Jul 19th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Bumpy bump.

Looking back over this topic was fun and it must live again. I demand it.

So let me go for someone a little different: Killer Moth.

Prisoner 234026, or Dury Walker as his real name, was a small time criminal arrested for some minor offence or another. When locked up in blackgate, Walker encountered two types of prisoners. Those who he felt were victimised by poor living standards and forced to turn to crime or had been victimised by corrupt police and those who were bullies and thugs. Walker was frequently picked on by both guards and those second types of prisoners, causing the man to develop a inferiority complex. He sought a role model and a hero and found one in an unlikely place.
Walker's newspaper cover an article on the Batman's latest arrest and at thrilled him. Upon release on parole, Walker endeavoured to discover as much as he possibly could about Batman and was inspired to take up his own secret identity. That of another nocturnal creature. Killer Moth.
Killer Moth swore to protect the 'innocent' criminals from the corruption of the GCPD. To serve the underworld in the same way Batman served the police. To finally earn himself some respect. Unfortunately respect would be harder to earn than he had anticipated. Despite initial success even challenging Batman when they first met, Walker's rather theatrical appearance, which was a bid to clash with Batman's darkness, quickly made him a laughing stock for many on both sides of the law, something which infuriated the Moth. Killer Moth grew increasingly desperate to prove himself, imitating Batman at every turn with his own Moth symbol, mothcave and mothmobile as just a few examples and soon rose to not just protecting criminals but committing large scale independent crimes of his own to boast his name. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Dury Walker doesn't have access to Bruce Wayne's vast fortune. He hasn't spent years of his life training his body and mind with the worlds best. He doesn't have as much personal motivation to push himself to new limits. No matter how hard he may try, he's not like Batman and this thought crushes him.

As time went on, Killer Moth more commonly found himself an adversary of Batgirl rather than his self-proclaimed nemesis and Moth constantly found himself loosing. This led to a sense of personal vendetta against Batgirl. Someone who, in his opinion, was unworthy of associating with Batman and the nagging thought in the back of his mind that Batgirl was a more competent Batman imitator than he himself.

My interpretation of Killer Moth: A Batman fanboy who fights for crime. Can be used for both comic relief and on occasion a serious character with his own personal issues caused by his reputation. Personal grudge developed against Batgirl.

The innocence of a child can be the most evil thing in the world, she proves that.
themaddoc

Postby TheAardvark6 » Jul 24th, 2013, 5:23 pm

For Killer Croc, I refer back to KNIGHTFALL, as I do with most of the villains, but mostly for the look. These days, Killer Croc is a massive beast with vaguely human features, but unable to pass himself off as human. The Croc I first encountered in KNIGHTFALL was reptilian, but more of a slimy, sneaky kind of look- large red eyes, lipless mouth with thin fangs, a common accent, but still able to pass off as a man- he was only maybe two meters/two and a half. Basic idea, he could wear human clothes. He was pretty clever. He was actually scary, but in a hide in the shadows and slowly eat you way rather than an "OH F@£K THERE'S A GIANT SCALY THING RUNNING AT ME TRYING TO KILL ME MAKING LOUD NOISES AND SWEARING!" kind of scary. My idea of Croc is crude, but still more or less human. He'll eat you, but with a knife and fork. He's a decent guy to people he likes (Like in NO MAN'S LAND, where he tries to kill Zsasz for murdering his friend stumpy). He's a guy you could begin to root for until you see him chewing on someone's tendons.
Batman is riding an elephant. This makes your argument invalid.
TheAardvark6

Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Pieter » Jul 25th, 2013, 10:48 pm

I'd make Joker a sex maniac who's a hot chick and wants to have sex with Batman ! :oldyella:
I died once. It was boring, so I stood up
Pieter

Favourite Villain: Condiment King

Postby J.Napier » Jul 26th, 2013, 2:46 am

The thing about Joker is that he revels in unpredictability yet he's been bled dry by writers thousands of times over so everyone already knows what he can do. So people start to do out of character things to him to try to make him fresh and creee8tive, like having him remove his face. I can think of a bunch of different villains that'd easily replace him if he was gotten rid of, and be just as good if not even better at doing what he does.

Eh, comic books.

I think I'd have Black Mask stay in No Man's Land mode forever if I was in charge of portraying him.
J.Napier

Favourite Villain: Joker/LDM
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns.

Postby TheJester » Aug 2nd, 2013, 7:46 pm

Ha, I remember this topic. It's funny seeing how passionate I got with my version of Riddler; that has to be the longest post I've ever made :lol:

Expect me to write something later.
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby themaddoc » Aug 2nd, 2013, 8:19 pm

TheJester wrote:Ha, I remember this topic. It's funny seeing how passionate I got with my version of Riddler; that has to be the longest post I've ever made :lol:

Not sure if you or Enigma went into more Riddler passion there. Also I went looking for this topic hoping you'd help me keep it alive again.

The innocence of a child can be the most evil thing in the world, she proves that.
themaddoc

Postby deadjunk » Aug 3rd, 2013, 12:34 pm

themaddoc wrote:
TheJester wrote:Ha, I remember this topic. It's funny seeing how passionate I got with my version of Riddler; that has to be the longest post I've ever made :lol:

Not sure if you or Enigma went into more Riddler passion there. Also I went looking for this topic hoping you'd help me keep it alive again.

Duh duh duh duh! deadjunk to save the day!

I'm going to go for one that hasn't been discussed much, because it makes things more interesting.

Professor Pyg :pyg:

Professor Pyg is an absolute psychopath and I think that he should always be portrayed as such. I didn't like his characterisation in Beware the Batman because he never struck me as an animal lover, only a lover of his 'experiments'. He doesn't give two shits about pigs or farm yard animals, what he truly loves is the process of transformation, to the extent that everyone he sees he fantasises about the ways to make them their 'perfect' self. He is completely and utter disturbed, possibly moreso than the Joker and wildly unpredictable. He does not have illusions of grandeur that the Penguin does, Lazlo is willing to be dishonourable and desperate in order to achieve his goals.

He is most definitely one of Batman's darker villains and I don't think his perverse take on the World should be watered down. I like to think that he rules the Circus of the Strange through fear, though he doesn't see it. Each of his comrades has been 'made perfect' and due to this have undergone immense mental trauma to the extent that they follow him in the hopes that he won't experiment on them further. Like Stockholm Syndrome only with more surgical equipment.
I want to eat a pirate

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=25469
deadjunk

Favourite Villain: Two Face/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Bushidoah19 » Aug 10th, 2013, 8:58 pm

I love the portrayal of Frank Gorshin's Riddler as it took the character to a whole new light with his laugh and personality.
Bushidoah19

Favourite Villain: Joker and Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Can't decide

Postby Red_Hood » Aug 11th, 2013, 7:55 pm

In Batman Arkham Asylum, they have how I like Joker

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby TDK_Returns » Aug 16th, 2013, 4:09 pm

Ra's Al Ghul.
In Arkham City he's portrayed as a man who is done with life, who's done with his Lazarus Pit and just wants to move on, but the Pit is twisting him into some sort of double-psyche where one half NEEDS it and the other half wants to die. Definitely a good representation of Ra's, but I think he could've had more potential. there was one part that i thought was perfect for Ra's though, and that was Wonder City.
Even though Joker is Batman's most known villain and the craziest, Ra's is definitely the most dangerous
MY version of Ra's is as follows;
He acts as a man of the people, keeping their interests in mind and claiming to care about them. His smile, though forced, warms the hearts of people. He is charismatic and kind, welcoming people into his home and city and provides shelter and hope to them. But behind closed doors, he's the Ra's Al Ghul we've all come to know, criminal mastermind bent on making the world a better place by killing millions. This version of Lazarus is a substance he must inject via needle, it has to enter his bloodstream faster, simply bathing in it wouldn't do. Though old, he is in peak physical perfection, and constantly trains with his swords when not examining books and other elements of literature.
He takes off his suit which he had wore for a press conference (the people know him as Henri Ducard) and puts on his traditional suit of dark green and accompanying cape. A henchman comes up behind him and whispers something in Arabic, to which Ra's replies quickly, and the henchman scurries off. Ra's takes a deep breath and looks out of a window at the people of his new city, the people that will shape the new world. He had done well to make them follow his every word, but even then it is sometimes not enough, so he taints the water supply the citizens of his city drink from with a sort of drug that makes them worship him and do his bidding without any thoughts of going against him. Tonight his plan to cleanse the world would start, tonight would be the beginning of the new world. A simple tablespoon of the deadliest virus he had made and cultured over the past 20 years would kill 100,000 in a month and spread faster than any other virus known to man, and tonight it was being loosed in the Gotham City airport. That was what the henchman had come to say, that it was ready. A loyal servant was to act as a 'Bio-martyr', he had infected himself with a small dosage of the virus the night before and tonight he was to go into the Gotham City airport and touch everything, sneeze everywhere, and spread as much of the virus he could. Within months Gotham and it's surrounding cities will have been wiped clean of populace, and within years the entirety of the earth's population will have been decimated. Then his people would emerge from the ground they lived in, birthing into the new world.
And that's exactly what happens.
Years later, when new cities, new kingdoms have been structured, Ra's walks out onto a balcony to greet his people who so patiently wait for him in his castle's courtyard. His arms are outstretched in welcome, these are a people he is actually content with, they are his people. he loves them all, and they all love him, but it is time for him to retire, the empire needs a new king. Ra's beckons forward his replacement from the shadows. The man walks forward slowly, and there is a woman hand in hand with him. This woman is Ra's daughter; Talia, the new queen of the kingdom, and her husband is the new king. The man and Talia reach the front of the balcony, and the crowd cheers with joy, they accept their new rulers. Ra's smiles at his daughter and successor, "Both of you have my praise" he says. He looks directly at the man now, "Thank you, detective, you are the only man I would've seen fit to continue my legacy." Bruce smiles back, "our legacy." Ra's leaves the balcony, his daughter and successor were the rulers now, it was time for him to finally retire from the curse of life.
You don't get it, son. This isn't a mudhole... It's an operating table. And I'm the surgeon.

TDK_Returns

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDark Knight Returns

Postby Red_Hood » Aug 18th, 2013, 10:04 pm

King Arthur Curry wrote:I'd make Joker a sex maniac who's a hot chick and wants to have sex with Batman ! :oldyella:

Hahaha I thought I was the only one that thought that :oldyella:

"Say hi to Joker for me."
Red_Hood

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

PreviousNext

Return to Batman General Discussion