[ANNOUNCEMENT] Treasure Chest Comics

Here you'll find the community's thoughts and reviews on their favourite comics of all time. Feel feel to have YOUR say when ever you wish!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Treasure Chest Comics

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 2nd, 2012, 5:27 pm

Thegoddamnbatman wrote:I really liked Joker actually.

Don`t get me wrong , I think it is a good book ,too . But I am not a fan of making everything darker and more realistic .

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Thegoddamnbatman » Jan 2nd, 2012, 5:29 pm

I dunno, it's not that realistic- Joker has bleached skin, etc.
Plus, the characters in the book are ones who are already pretty realistic in the comics.

http://fuckbnig.forumotion.co.uk/
Thegoddamnbatman

Location: Watching you. I've seen the vile, disgusting things you do... and I'm telling Mom!

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 2nd, 2012, 5:34 pm

Thegoddamnbatman wrote:I dunno, it's not that realistic- Joker has bleached skin, etc.
Plus, the characters in the book are ones who are already pretty realistic in the comics.

Hmm , you are probably right ...but he has scars and is a gang leader ( and yeah , riddler is a simple gang leader there ,too and not a criminal mastermind ) , which is an attempt to make it more realistic , or isn`t it ?
Oh ... and don`t forget Killer Croc . He doesn`t look like a monster at all . More like a brutish black guy .

MaxSchreck

Postby Thegoddamnbatman » Jan 2nd, 2012, 5:38 pm

Riddler asks riddles, and we don't really see him long enough to determine his intelligence level.
Croc is a toned-down version of the character - he has scales and eats people, but he doesn't have the glowing eyes or huge teeth.

Thegoddamnbatman

Location: Watching you. I've seen the vile, disgusting things you do... and I'm telling Mom!

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 2nd, 2012, 5:46 pm

Thegoddamnbatman wrote:Riddler asks riddles, and we don't really see him long enough to determine his intelligence level.
Croc is a toned-down version of the character - he has scales and eats people, but he doesn't have the glowing eyes or huge teeth.

Ok , riddler still asks riddles and he also seems to be a very capable organizer of crime , but he still is some sort of mob boss which doesn`t fit his character in my opinion .
Croc is a better example , he is toned down and made realistic to the point where he isn`t recognizable .

MaxSchreck

Postby Thegoddamnbatman » Jan 2nd, 2012, 5:47 pm

Not really, as I said, Croc is just taken to his essence: I guy with a skin disease that gives him scales, who eats people.

Thegoddamnbatman

Postby DarkFlux » Jan 2nd, 2012, 5:57 pm

I really like Joker.
I think it did a good job of putting me in Johnny Frosts shoes where at the start he,s all over how cool and great the Joker is ( much like everyone was in the wake of TDK), but by the end of it you really see what a monster the guy is and i ended up hating him. (as a person not a character.)

Plus i liked the more gritty style to it. Elseworld books should experiment with tone and character portrayls imo, helps keep things varied.
DarkFlux

Favourite Villain: Ras Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 2nd, 2012, 6:05 pm

Thegoddamnbatman wrote:Not really, as I said, Croc is just taken to his essence: I guy with a skin disease that gives him scales, who eats people.

That might be the essence of the character , but still this killer croc isn`t the iconic iversion everybody instantly identifies as the character . Everybody knows Killer croc as the human crocodile and so far he was portrayed as that , even in his first appearance were he was much more human .When you take to many traits from a character to get to the essence , some things might get lost that helped developing the character in the appearances after his debute .

MaxSchreck

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Treasure Chest Comics NEEDED!!!

Postby Red_Robin » Jan 8th, 2012, 5:21 pm

TCC#7 is live!!

I only have two or three more lined up at the moment, including my second article. We need your help in writing more!

Please PM me with the comics you want to cover and when you think you can have them in for!
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby BobGun » Jan 8th, 2012, 5:43 pm

I really hated Joker. Art aside, I thought everything about it was, well, silly. Johnny Frost was boring and one dimensional, and it tried too hard to be shocking, but just for the sake of it. Plus, both Joker and Batman were completely out of character.

I know it's an Elseworld title, but it stripped away what makes both Batman and Joker interesting. I understand that Azzarello wanted us to hate the Joker - but to do so, he had to almost make him someone else - a generic boogeman who kills for no reason.

RR, I will try to get Strange Apps finished ASAP...pc troubles, so I've had to start from scratch again.
BobGun

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Devil's Advocate

Postby MaxSchreck » Jan 8th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Hmm , I wonder which article will appear next . I`ve send Robin Jla by Grant Morrison and since he seems to run out of articles it might be picked soon ....

MaxSchreck

Postby TFDutchman » Jan 17th, 2012, 12:00 am

I'm surprised TCC #8 isn't up yet. RR must be busy.
I've already submitted my third, perhaps I should already get started on my 4th and do the sequel to my 3rd :lol
or maybe think of something else I wanna do. Fear Itself was really good. I might consider that one

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Jan 17th, 2012, 8:56 am

TFDutchman wrote:I'm surprised TCC #8 isn't up yet. RR must be busy.

Yep!
Sorry for the delay. Saturday was a big deadline for me (see link in sig), so things that I'd normally get done in the week didn't get done. Treasure Chest Comics #8 will be JLA New World Order and I'll publish it this coming Sunday.

We've also got Kingdom Come, The Ultimates and my look at Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic coming up (though not neccesarily in that order).

It'd be great if we could get some more articles up in reserve. I'm going to post my wishlist below, PM me if you want to do one.

-Batman: Long Halloween
-Batman: RIP
-Superman: Birthright
-The Death of Superman
-Green Lantern: Rebirth TFDutchman
-any Wonder Woman
-Nightwing: A Knight in Bludhaven
-Gotham Central: Half a Life
-Identity Crisis

EDITED TO ADD A DIBS. Added the wishlist to OP.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TFDutchman » Jan 17th, 2012, 12:51 pm

Oooh, I'd be very interested to see your Knights of the Old Republic. I don't have it and I'm very interested.

-- Jan 20th, 2012, 4:05 pm --

Already decided on my next two :lol:
As soon as I get them both in about a week and a half's time, I plan on doing Return To Wonderland, a series I've been interested in for a while, and Romeo and Juliet: The War which looks to be incredible.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Jan 29th, 2012, 4:15 pm

TCC#9 is up! viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9428

-- Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm --

To add to the wishlist:
Geoff Johns' Teen Titans
Batman: Black Mirror

-- Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:56 am --

TCC#10: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is up a few hours early! viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9775
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Treasure Chest Comics