Treasure Chest Comics #13: The Ultimates

Here you'll find the community's thoughts and reviews on their favourite comics of all time. Feel feel to have YOUR say when ever you wish!

Re: Treasure Chest Comics #13: The Ultimates

Postby TFDutchman » Feb 28th, 2012, 5:07 am

BobGun wrote:Excellent stuff, TFD!

It will be interesting to see how much influence it has over the movie.

I already saw a little influence in Thor's outfit. Seems that when he's not in the middle of a fight, Thor has no cape and no protective armour on his arms. It's just the chestpiece like Ultimate Thor, but when he jumps into battle I assume the rest of his outfit materialises (ala when he gets the hammer back in Thor).

Hawkeye's outfit is also more like his Ultimate counterpart (and based heavily on his Ultimate Alliance outfit) rather than his traditional purple.

And who can deny Samuel L Jackson? Nick Fury is the most obviously influenced character from the Ultimate Universe. There is even a moment in The Ultimates where the team are discussing what actors could play them in a film and Nick Fury states that no one but Mr. Samuel L Jackson could play him :lol:

One thing I'm curious about is who is leading the Avengers in the film? Will they go the path of The Ultimates where Captain America is in charge (most probably) or will they go Mainstream Marvel where it started off with Iron Man in charge.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Enigma » Feb 28th, 2012, 6:15 am

Great review as always, TFDutchman.

TFDutchman wrote:And who can deny Samuel L Jackson? Nick Fury is the most obviously influenced character from the Ultimate Universe. There is even a moment in The Ultimates where the team are discussing what actors could play them in a film and Nick Fury states that no one but Mr. Samuel L Jackson could play him :lol:

I also read somewhere that Samuel L. Jackson was who the Ultimate Nick Fury's face was based on. So it's awesome that he's playing him in the movies. Just a random piece of trivia.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby batman404 » Feb 28th, 2012, 9:48 am

BobGun wrote:It will be interesting to see how much influence it has over the movie.

Well, Joss Whedon (Avengers writer & director) is a big fan of The Ultimates, so i'd say the book will have some influence on the film... The copy I have actually has an awesome intro by Whedon. One of the main things i'd like to see taken from the book & put into the film is the relationship between Stark & Thor.
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby deadjunk » Apr 17th, 2012, 11:36 am

I read the Ultimate Spiderman and enjoyed it a lot, would you say that the ultimates was better?
I want to eat a pirate

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=25469
deadjunk

Favourite Villain: Two Face/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 17th, 2012, 2:56 pm

deadjunk wrote:I read the Ultimate Spiderman and enjoyed it a lot, would you say that the ultimates was better?

Oh definitely better. It took me a long while before I really got into Ultimate Spider-Man cause I hated a lot of the changes they made (mostly the origins of Venom and Carnage and the fact that it seems like someone discovers Peter's identity every few issues).

But I highly recommend grabbing the Ultimates. Was brilliantly written and is complimented by some amazing artwork.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jun 11th, 2012, 4:57 pm

I really like this GN. The artwork, the fresh take on the characters, all of it is awesome. My favorite part has to be the Hulk and Thor's "showdown" and the final battle with the Chitauri. Honestly, this novel was "Marvel-ous".
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Previous

Return to Treasure Chest Comics