AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Own the games on PC? Feel free to share your graphics settings and mods in this dedicated sub-forum.

AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby Napper » Oct 17th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Just to give everyone a shout.

"Dear Batman Arkham Fans - Microsoft has begun the process of closing down Windows Live services over the next year. To make sure there is no interrupted service, we will be moving the game to Steam for verification and update services for both the Base and GOTY versions of Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City.

If you purchased either of the games on Steam all you have to do is let Steam download the latest patch and you will be fine.

If you purchased the games somewhere else you will need to enter the code in Steam. (You can find steps to do this on the bottom of this.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to continue playing from your current save. You will need to start a new game.

Going forward you do not have to worry about where you stored that disc. If you switch computers or go to a friend’s house you simply need to download Steam, log into your account, then go to the library and select to install your game.

The following link can be used to learn more about Steam and to download Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

To enter your CD Key in Steam please do the following:

1. Click ADD A GAME....

2. Select Activate a Product on Steam..

3. Click Next.

4. Click I Agree.

5. Enter your CD Key and select next once the game finishes downloading you will be able to play the game"
Napper
......
......
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 1:48 am

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby Teleportalist » Oct 17th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Got rid if it just now, and at that, they're both 75% off. Awesome.
Image
User avatar
Teleportalist
..
..
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Oct 3rd, 2013, 9:36 pm
Favourite Villain: Can't decide

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby SenSx » Oct 18th, 2013, 1:41 am

Thx for the tips but...does it mean we won't be able to load our saved files when gfwl will be closed for good ?
We won't be able to start a new game and save, unless we unter the code ons team, making us loose all other alwready saved game ?
User avatar
SenSx
..........
..........
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Jun 5th, 2012, 8:33 am
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby Mr.Giggles » Oct 18th, 2013, 4:19 am

There goes my 100% on AA and AC :(
Let's get this party started!!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sav01027
User avatar
Mr.Giggles
.........
.........
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2010, 4:03 am
Location: Canada
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby SenSx » Oct 18th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Oh come on, this can't be, there must be way to keep the save files,
I am not going to compelte AA et AC 100 % again and going through all those challenge maps again, NO WAY !
User avatar
SenSx
..........
..........
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Jun 5th, 2012, 8:33 am
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby Napper101 » Oct 18th, 2013, 4:45 pm

If you copy the old bineries folder(pre patch) into the directory you will be able to load up your old saves again. Sadly you will have to put up with GFWL again. There's isn't a way to get rid of GFWL and retain your saves at the moment.
User avatar
Napper101
.
.
 

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby Mr.Giggles » Oct 18th, 2013, 5:31 pm

SenSx wrote:Oh come on, this can't be, there must be way to keep the save files,
I am not going to compelte AA et AC 100 % again and going through all those challenge maps again, NO WAY !

I got it working, go check my post, there is a fix on the steam forums
Let's get this party started!!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sav01027
User avatar
Mr.Giggles
.........
.........
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2010, 4:03 am
Location: Canada
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby M. Malone » Oct 20th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Umm... This isn't working for me on Asylum. It won't accept the CD key. I've tried multiple times. I don't want to move Arkham City over until I see that it works, and well.. it's not working for Asylum. The support page says that only games listed on this list Steam provides will recognize - and Asylum is not on this list. Only City. But they are both GFWL, so.... ?
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby SenSx » Oct 21st, 2013, 11:12 pm

Mr.Giggles wrote:
SenSx wrote:Oh come on, this can't be, there must be way to keep the save files,
I am not going to compelte AA et AC 100 % again and going through all those challenge maps again, NO WAY !

I got it working, go check my post, there is a fix on the steam forums


Yes I saw that, thx for the tip !
+ if you want all the achievements added, there is a software for that to unlock them all, and it is legal ( Steam does not care, it wont make you banned)



M. Malone wrote:Umm... This isn't working for me on Asylum. It won't accept the CD key. I've tried multiple times. I don't want to move Arkham City over until I see that it works, and well.. it's not working for Asylum. The support page says that only games listed on this list Steam provides will recognize - and Asylum is not on this list. Only City. But they are both GFWL, so.... ?


Maybe you have the retail version of AA ?
Because only the digital version's keys can be used on Steam so far, the transition from Gfwl to Steam hasn't been made for retail versions yet.
Last edited by SenSx on Oct 22nd, 2013, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SenSx
..........
..........
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Jun 5th, 2012, 8:33 am
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby M. Malone » Oct 21st, 2013, 11:52 pm

SenSx wrote:
Mr.Giggles wrote:
SenSx wrote:Oh come on, this can't be, there must be way to keep the save files,
I am not going to compelte AA et AC 100 % again and going through all those challenge maps again, NO WAY !

I got it working, go check my post, there is a fix on the steam forums


Yes I saw that, thx for the tip !
+ if you want all the achievements added, there is a software for that to unlock them all, and it is legal ( Steam does not care, it wont make you banned)



M. Malone wrote:Umm... This isn't working for me on Asylum. It won't accept the CD key. I've tried multiple times. I don't want to move Arkham City over until I see that it works, and well.. it's not working for Asylum. The support page says that only games listed on this list Steam provides will recognize - and Asylum is not on this list. Only City. But they are both GFWL, so.... ?


Maybe you have the retail version of AA ?
Because only the digital version's keys can be used on Steam so far, the transition from Gfwl to Steam hasn't been made yet for retail versions.


Ah! Yes, that must be what it is. I have the hard copy of each of them. Thanks for the answer. :adam:
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby SenSx » Dec 29th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to know if they made the update too move the retailv ersion onto steam, or do we still need to wait ?

Is there anyd ate for this ?

Thx
User avatar
SenSx
..........
..........
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Jun 5th, 2012, 8:33 am
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby RdJokr » Dec 30th, 2013, 1:00 pm

SenSx wrote:Hello,

I just wanted to know if they made the update too move the retailv ersion onto steam, or do we still need to wait ?

Is there anyd ate for this ?

Thx

It's been done two months ago. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both GFWL-free now.
User avatar
RdJokr
............
............
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Oct 13th, 2013, 3:09 pm
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby M. Malone » Dec 31st, 2013, 5:16 pm

Apparently this is only if you purchased them digitally to begin with though. - I bought the hard copies of each.

During a Steam sale a couple weeks ago I bought both of the games again, just so I didn't have to worry about this anymore. They were only about 5 bucks a piece.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby SenSx » Dec 31st, 2013, 6:07 pm

Yes that is why I am asking the question.
This migration towards steam is only possible for the digital copies of the game so far.

They said we had to wait for the retail versions to be eligible as well for steam, just wanted to know if they had finished what they planned here (this is not the kind of thing that has extra communication, so I prefer to ask myself).

EDIT:

Great news, I just tried to activate my retail versions of the game in steam, and IT FINALLY WORKED !!!
I might finally play AC without the shutter issue ( some people explained me GFWL was the cause of it, I hope it is true).

I can now confirm that playing BAC on Steam get rid of the shutter glitch !!!
GFWL was the cause of this.

In fact it is not completly true, the shutter still occures, you can feel the textures loading while you travel, but it is A LOT less noticeable.
This is a problem in the game, that was getting worse with GFWL.

If you are having this issue, I really advice you to activate your game on Steam, which is now possible whether you have the retail or digital versions of the game, just enter your game key.
User avatar
SenSx
..........
..........
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Jun 5th, 2012, 8:33 am
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Re: AC + AA get rid of GFWL (STEAM UPDATE)

Postby RAID3N » Jan 20th, 2014, 7:43 pm

my AA has updated and is all good, but my AC still has GFWL (after I deleted and redownloaded the game just now)!

What do I do? Am I the only one who has this problem?! .-.
Image
formerly BartMan992
User avatar
RAID3N
............
............
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Feb 17th, 2012, 8:44 pm
Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Next

Return to PC Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron