Does tessellation only affect plants?

Own the games on PC? Feel free to share your graphics settings and mods in this dedicated sub-forum.

Does tessellation only affect plants?

Postby DoomnightK » Jun 1st, 2015, 10:35 am

In all of the screenshots and examples of tessellation, it's only shown Poison Ivy's plants as examples. I'm wondering - does tessellation affect anything else?
I've always assumed that it improves ground textures & walls too, but I could be wrong. Thanks :)
Face or legs? Which one do I break first?
No! Don't hurt me! I'll talk!
Of course you will. *Knocks out thug*
--
Check me out on Youtube: youtube.com/c/doomnightk :)
DoomnightK

Favourite Villain: The Arkham Knight :3

Re: Does tessellation only affect plants?

Postby RdJokr » Jun 1st, 2015, 11:28 am

According to this article, there are more:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/12/ ... WwyplVsGko

Plants are the most obvious details you'll notice when playing. Some trees also get tessellation too, but not nearly as noticeable. The benchmark also shows the lion statue at the Museum, which also has some tessellation applied to it.
Another easily spotted detail is the snow slush on certain areas. Without tessellation, all you'll see are 2D textures painted on the ground. With tessellation, you'll see lumpy slushes in a lot of places.
Certain walls also have tessellation, but if you just look at the surface, and not on the side, it's as flat as any other 2D wall without tessellation.
RdJokr

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby DoomnightK » Jun 1st, 2015, 11:31 am

RdJokr wrote:According to this article, there are more:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/12/ ... WwyplVsGko

Plants are the most obvious details you'll notice when playing. Some trees also get tessellation too, but not nearly as noticeable. The benchmark also shows the lion statue at the Museum, which also has some tessellation applied to it.
Another easily spotted detail is the snow slush on certain areas. Without tessellation, all you'll see are 2D textures painted on the ground. With tessellation, you'll see lumpy slushes in a lot of places.
Certain walls also have tessellation, but if you just look at the surface, and not on the side, it's as flat as any other 2D wall without tessellation.

Wow, thanks :D
Face or legs? Which one do I break first?
No! Don't hurt me! I'll talk!
Of course you will. *Knocks out thug*
--
Check me out on Youtube: youtube.com/c/doomnightk :)
DoomnightK

Favourite Villain: The Arkham Knight :3

Postby AW8 » Jun 20th, 2015, 7:24 pm

Funny thing, I didn't even know that was supposed to be snow slush until I bought a new graphics card and turned on tesselation. It barely even registered as a layer of frost in my mind before. :D
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Return to PC Discussion