WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Mani-Man » Apr 14th, 2017, 9:20 am

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:I feel like Rocksteady really screwed up continuity with Arkham Knight, so I couldn't care less whether the next Batman game stays in the same universe. A sequel to Origins would be great, but so would a full reboot where they can use characters that Rocksteady took a dump all over in B:AK.


What continuity errors are you referring to?


Not errors in the sense that it doesn't fit continuity with the other games, but I feel like it was a mistake that they introduced characters like Man-bat late in Batman's career and thus effectively dead-ended any further potential (within the Arkhamverse) for those characters. Heck, even Firefly- Didn't the dialogue indicate that Origins was the last time Firefly had been seen? The "timestamps" they put on the characters in the side-missions just sort of ruined any further development of those characters within the Arkhamverse continuity.


I agree. For me, that was the biggest and absolutely unforgivable mistake that Rocksteady had made. What they did with Firefly, Deathstroke, Man-Bat, Hush, Anarky and Dr. Phosphorus already robbed every future Arkham game set before AK of a lot of potential.


The timeline was always a bit wonky in the arkham series, that is why i really hope that if WBM does a origins sequel...it gets overall good reviews, has big sales numbers etc.
That way WBM could gain enough traction to start a new universe that gives them fresh, new timeline.
User avatar
Mani-Man
............
............
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sep 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby MaxSchreck » Apr 14th, 2017, 10:14 am

Mani-Man wrote:
ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:I feel like Rocksteady really screwed up continuity with Arkham Knight, so I couldn't care less whether the next Batman game stays in the same universe. A sequel to Origins would be great, but so would a full reboot where they can use characters that Rocksteady took a dump all over in B:AK.


What continuity errors are you referring to?


Not errors in the sense that it doesn't fit continuity with the other games, but I feel like it was a mistake that they introduced characters like Man-bat late in Batman's career and thus effectively dead-ended any further potential (within the Arkhamverse) for those characters. Heck, even Firefly- Didn't the dialogue indicate that Origins was the last time Firefly had been seen? The "timestamps" they put on the characters in the side-missions just sort of ruined any further development of those characters within the Arkhamverse continuity.


I agree. For me, that was the biggest and absolutely unforgivable mistake that Rocksteady had made. What they did with Firefly, Deathstroke, Man-Bat, Hush, Anarky and Dr. Phosphorus already robbed every future Arkham game set before AK of a lot of potential.


The timeline was always a bit wonky in the arkham series, that is why i really hope that if WBM does a origins sequel...it gets overall good reviews, has big sales numbers etc.
That way WBM could gain enough traction to start a new universe that gives them fresh, new timeline.


I wonder how many games we will still see. Maybe the Arkham series could become something like Assassins Creed and just release one game after the other...I wouldn´t have anything against that, but for now, let´s wait and see if the E3 rumor is true at all.
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5641
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby M. Malone » Apr 14th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Mani-Man wrote:
ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:
M. Malone wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
M. Malone wrote:I feel like Rocksteady really screwed up continuity with Arkham Knight, so I couldn't care less whether the next Batman game stays in the same universe. A sequel to Origins would be great, but so would a full reboot where they can use characters that Rocksteady took a dump all over in B:AK.


What continuity errors are you referring to?


Not errors in the sense that it doesn't fit continuity with the other games, but I feel like it was a mistake that they introduced characters like Man-bat late in Batman's career and thus effectively dead-ended any further potential (within the Arkhamverse) for those characters. Heck, even Firefly- Didn't the dialogue indicate that Origins was the last time Firefly had been seen? The "timestamps" they put on the characters in the side-missions just sort of ruined any further development of those characters within the Arkhamverse continuity.


I agree. For me, that was the biggest and absolutely unforgivable mistake that Rocksteady had made. What they did with Firefly, Deathstroke, Man-Bat, Hush, Anarky and Dr. Phosphorus already robbed every future Arkham game set before AK of a lot of potential.


The timeline was always a bit wonky in the arkham series, that is why i really hope that if WBM does a origins sequel...it gets overall good reviews, has big sales numbers etc.
That way WBM could gain enough traction to start a new universe that gives them fresh, new timeline.


Why even bother with an Origins sequel if the ultimate desire is for WBM to start their own Bat-verse? Just wipe the slate clean and start it now. It won't affect total sales any if the game is truly good. I mean, pre-orders might be down, and day-one sales might be lower, but reputation spreads fast in the gaming community. If it's good, people will buy it. My opinion is that if they want to do Batman in a different universe, it's now or never. And if I was WBM and had the resources and backing of WB to do it, that is exactly what I would want to do.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Mani-Man » Apr 14th, 2017, 9:01 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:I wonder how many games we will still see. Maybe the Arkham series could become something like Assassins Creed and just release one game after the other...I wouldn´t have anything against that, but for now, let´s wait and see if the E3 rumor is true at all.


I could see that work, especially since Arkham has the difference of being basicly the same place.
Assassins Creed biggest problem was that they pretty much created a whole new, huge Assassins Creed game in just one year.
A yearly arkham game could work because it would stay in gotham.
You would just need to make certain buildings avaliable to go in etc.
But that is all just hoping and wishing...the E3 will be the earliest we might get something.

M. Malone wrote:
Mani-Man wrote:The timeline was always a bit wonky in the arkham series, that is why i really hope that if WBM does a origins sequel...it gets overall good reviews, has big sales numbers etc.
That way WBM could gain enough traction to start a new universe that gives them fresh, new timeline.


Why even bother with an Origins sequel if the ultimate desire is for WBM to start their own Bat-verse? Just wipe the slate clean and start it now. It won't affect total sales any if the game is truly good. I mean, pre-orders might be down, and day-one sales might be lower, but reputation spreads fast in the gaming community. If it's good, people will buy it. My opinion is that if they want to do Batman in a different universe, it's now or never. And if I was WBM and had the resources and backing of WB to do it, that is exactly what I would want to do.


True, but i could see them use it as a second try so to speak.
Origins didnt get THE reaction out of the people that they hoped i think, and a lot of the more "casual" gaming press just saw it as "milking the cow"
So i could see them throw their ring into it with a Origins sequel to see if they can gain enough acclaim to truly start a new franchise.

Its really hard to say where this goes.
User avatar
Mani-Man
............
............
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sep 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby M. Malone » Apr 14th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Mani-Man wrote:True, but i could see them use it as a second try so to speak.
Origins didnt get THE reaction out of the people that they hoped i think, and a lot of the more "casual" gaming press just saw it as "milking the cow"
So i could see them throw their ring into it with a Origins sequel to see if they can gain enough acclaim to truly start a new franchise.

Its really hard to say where this goes.


It IS hard to say. This is just my opinion, but it seems like the way they could keep people from THINKING that they are "milking the cow" is to NOT do another Arkhamverse game and to start over. Otherwise, "Origins 2" would still seem like WB is milking the cow.

On the other hand, if they WERE to do an original game and it tanks, then WB (the parent company) would be really screwed, because now the old milk cow (Arkhamverse) and the new franchise would BOTH be dried up.

You're right, it's really hard to say where this goes. Now that I think about it, maybe that's what happened to the Suicide Squad game... WB pulled the plug because it just wasn't up to par and they couldn't risk another mediocre release that could jeopardize the Batman video game franchise and send it back into the dark ages like it was before B:AA.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Previous

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron