WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby calebthebeest » Jun 21st, 2017, 1:31 am

M. Malone wrote:So Slcmof can only describe what he saw, and if he gets 1500 'likes' he will try harder to see stuff that he will then only be able to describe to us while showing footage from the old games? That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

I personally was never fond of the idea of a Damian Wayne based game. This is mostly due to the fact that I am an earlier generation fan than most on these forums (maybe? - I'm 37), and I stopped reading comics years ago. I don't know Damian as a character, nor do I care about him. That's not to say that I want to poop on everyone elses' wants, I'm just saying that WB probably realizes that in order to appeal to the largest fan base possible, they have to realize that for the majority of people, Batman has and always will be Bruce Wayne. It would make sound business sense to continue with a more mainstream approach.

I've never trusted anything that kid has said before as all his content relies on various 'leaks'. I generally dislike most arkham youtubers as most people on these forums know the games a lot better than they do (arkham videos being the exception, of course).
calebthebeest

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby M. Malone » Jun 21st, 2017, 1:25 pm

^^^ Amen. ArkhamVideos is a BOSS
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Mani-Man » Jun 21st, 2017, 2:00 pm

M. Malone wrote:So Slcmof can only describe what he saw, and if he gets 1500 'likes' he will try harder to see stuff that he will then only be able to describe to us while showing footage from the old games? That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

I personally was never fond of the idea of a Damian Wayne based game. This is mostly due to the fact that I am an earlier generation fan than most on these forums (maybe? - I'm 37), and I stopped reading comics years ago. I don't know Damian as a character, nor do I care about him. That's not to say that I want to poop on everyone elses' wants, I'm just saying that WB probably realizes that in order to appeal to the largest fan base possible, they have to realize that for the majority of people, Batman has and always will be Bruce Wayne. It would make sound business sense to continue with a more mainstream approach.

I came across the Slcmof video by accident and thought right from the start that it was bogus.
Maybe he has seen them maybe not, but the fact that he tries to lure people into getting more likes and all that...is telling me enough.

I think it comes down to how they build up a game, but yeah...to me Batman is and always will be Bruce Wayne.
Thats why im fully against anything Batman Beyond, no matter how interesting the idea seems.
Mani-Man

Postby Man-Bat x » Jun 22nd, 2017, 8:40 pm

Agree I can't stand that dude he's one of those clickbaiting Youtubers I really dislike
Man-Bat x

Favourite Villain: Man Bat

Postby calebthebeest » Jun 24th, 2017, 8:05 pm

I don't see why they're the ones to represent our community. Many of them didn't even own the original games before Return to Arkham. As for the supposed leak I would hope they don't break continuity with the city, although I don't know how you would work around that.
calebthebeest

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby HaHaHa » Jun 25th, 2017, 11:43 am

calebthebeest wrote:I don't see why they're the ones to represent our community. Many of them didn't even own the original games before Return to Arkham. As for the supposed leak I would hope they don't break continuity with the city, although I don't know how you would work around that.

I hope they do change the city because I'm not a fan of Gotham in Knight. They nailed the aesthetic, but the city is designed more like a theme park than a real city. The same goes for Old Gotham in Arkham City. My ideal Gotham would be a page out of Batman Year One and The Long Halloween.

-- Jul 8th, 2017, 4:29 pm --

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396831

Someone actually compiled all the evidence that is known about what Rocksteady and WB Montreal are working on, and it's not looking good for us expecting more traditional Arkham games. Only WB Montreal are confirmed to be working on a DC game, and it's not entirely clear what that might be.

My guess would be that maybe WB Montreal are re-purposing Suicide Squad which was intended to be mostly a linear single player experience as an online multiplayer game, and restarting Batman development. Absolutely no idea what Rocksteady could be working on.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby Abcdefg » Jul 28th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Abcdefg

Favourite Villain: joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: BATMAN The Killing J

Postby legion » Jul 28th, 2017, 12:40 pm

Abcdefg wrote:https://www.reddit.com/user/IAmBatmanArkham

leak fake?

More than likely, but I'm hoping its real despite the evidence against it. I really want Insurgency to be real, I LOVE the rogues gallery in this hypothetical game.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Previous

Return to News