WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby M. Malone » Oct 3rd, 2017, 5:24 pm

Batman9555 wrote:I don't know why everybody thinks that Rocksteday is making Superman game or even any game based on DC or comic book character. Rocksteady did an amazing job with Batman Arkham games and yeah they can make incredbile Batman game but that dosen't mean that they can make great Superman game. Sure they are very talented team but Batman and Superman are two completely diffrent characters with different abilities, setting, tone etc. And you can see that people at Rocksteday are huge fans of Batman and if they weren't games wouldn't be so good. I doubt that they can make game on same level as Arkham games with different comic book character if they're not huge fans. I would like to see new IP from Rocksteday. They are really great team and I have no dobut that their next game will indeed blow our minds away.

I don't think everyone thinks they are making a Superman game. It's wishful thinking at best. But there HAS been a lot of Superman easter eggs. So the idea is not being pulled out of thin air. It's true that just because they are Batman fans doesn't mean they are automatically Superman fans. But doing a little research into a character is often enough to help a person appreciate that character. We, as Arkham fans, can't paint them into a box and say "Because you made Batman games, you can't make Superman games." Similarly, and your point is valid, we also can't say that they aren't allowed to make anything besides a Superman game.

-- But --

You must also remember that Warner Bros partially owns Rocksteady, and WB also owns DC Comics. So it is every bit as likely that they ARE making a game based on a DC character as it isn't.

You are right that just because they made a great Batman game doesn't mean it will translate with Superman. But they have definitely shown the ability to deliver on so many fundamentals of gaming, regardless of the particular subject chosen. The cinematics team isn't going to forget how to make great visuals just because it isn't Batman, for example. The programmers aren't going to forget how to program because the cape is red instead of black.

As for a new IP, there less evidence to assume they can knock one out of the park than with making a Superman game, in my opinion. They had their chance with the Arkham Knight. They swore up and down he was a completely original character. He wasn't. I have no reason to trust that they have any better ideas. There has never been a AAA title Superman game to my knowledge, or at least in the past 20 years. It virtually IS a new IP as far as gaming is concerned. And it would be a significant challenge that could get the creative juices flowing.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Bane » Oct 3rd, 2017, 6:46 pm

My point was just that if they are working on a Superman game, they would have described it differently than just saying it will blow fans minds

a game about pretty much any non Batman DC character would be mindblowing, and considering every game Rocksteady has made has blown peoples minds in various different aspects, you must take into account that they would not use that phrase lightly.

Of course, a Superman game would be mindblowing, but rocksteady would not use that wording to describe it, because everything they do is mindblowing. A Superman game is expected, a mindblowing game by rocksteady's standards would be much more than just "Superman: Rocksteady Edition"

That is just what I'm trying to say, if Rocksteady says what they're making is mind blowing, then it must surely be beyond anything we could predict. And a Superman game is the most commonly predicted game.
Bane

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall

Postby MaxSchreck » Oct 3rd, 2017, 8:03 pm

Bane wrote:My point was just that if they are working on a Superman game, they would have described it differently than just saying it will blow fans minds

a game about pretty much any non Batman DC character would be mindblowing, and considering every game Rocksteady has made has blown peoples minds in various different aspects, you must take into account that they would not use that phrase lightly.

Of course, a Superman game would be mindblowing, but rocksteady would not use that wording to describe it, because everything they do is mindblowing. A Superman game is expected, a mindblowing game by rocksteady's standards would be much more than just "Superman: Rocksteady Edition"

That is just what I'm trying to say, if Rocksteady says what they're making is mind blowing, then it must surely be beyond anything we could predict. And a Superman game is the most commonly predicted game.

I don´t know... didn´t they also claim Arkham Knight would be a completly new character, or am I remembering something wrong? Could be that they say it is something mind blowing and in the end it isn´t such a big surprise after all.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Batman9555 » Oct 3rd, 2017, 8:04 pm

M. Malone wrote:I don't think everyone thinks they are making a Superman game. It's wishful thinking at best. But there HAS been a lot of Superman easter eggs. So the idea is not being pulled out of thin air. It's true that just because they are Batman fans doesn't mean they are automatically Superman fans. But doing a little research into a character is often enough to help a person appreciate that character. We, as Arkham fans, can't paint them into a box and say "Because you made Batman games, you can't make Superman games." Similarly, and your point is valid, we also can't say that they aren't allowed to make anything besides a Superman game.

-- But --

You must also remember that Warner Bros partially owns Rocksteady, and WB also owns DC Comics. So it is every bit as likely that they ARE making a game based on a DC character as it isn't.

You are right that just because they made a great Batman game doesn't mean it will translate with Superman. But they have definitely shown the ability to deliver on so many fundamentals of gaming, regardless of the particular subject chosen. The cinematics team isn't going to forget how to make great visuals just because it isn't Batman, for example. The programmers aren't going to forget how to program because the cape is red instead of black.

As for a new IP, there less evidence to assume they can knock one out of the park than with making a Superman game, in my opinion. They had their chance with the Arkham Knight. They swore up and down he was a completely original character. He wasn't. I have no reason to trust that they have any better ideas. There has never been a AAA title Superman game to my knowledge, or at least in the past 20 years. It virtually IS a new IP as far as gaming is concerned. And it would be a significant challenge that could get the creative juices flowing.

Yeah I understand you but I really think that their next project isn't DC or comic book related, I think that they are taking a break from comick book based games. And yeah WB might wanted another superhero game but I think that Rocksteady has the final say. Remember Rocksteday chose to have Arkham games as a trilogy. If it was up to WB they could have Rocksteady make new Arkham games every three years. Yeah sure one can say that WB can have WB Montreal make new Arkham games but let's be honest if they can choose between them and Rocksteady they would definitely pick the latter. WB can have more games developed in Arkham series by other studios if they want to but I think that Rocksteady is choosing for themselves what their next project is. And as for "lying" about Arkham Knight being new character. Well they didn't lie. You can look on Arkham Knight as new character but c'mon I think that everybody knew that person underneath the mask is someone we already know. And of course they couldn't say that in interviews. And it happens all the time with film directors etc. They don't necessarily lie about some story plot points, they are just trying to avoid spoilers. I think that Rocksteady didn't lie. They where very specific that Arkham Knight is a new character, they didn't say anything about person under the mask.
Batman9555

Favourite Villain: Joker, Mr. Freeze

Postby M. Malone » Oct 3rd, 2017, 10:05 pm

^^^ Oh, I don't hold it against them that Jason Todd was actually the Arkham Knight. I do believe, however, they used the phrase "completely new character" when describing him. It's true that the suit and the name were new, but the character - the person - has been in the comics for decades. So that was a little misleading in my opinion. But like I said, I'm not butt-hurt over the deal, I actually really liked Arkham Knight, despite some shortcomings.

My point in bringing that example up was simply to illustrate that Rocksteady DID have the opportunity to come up with their own IP in that instance. Instead they chose to come up with a new name and a costume. Make no mistake, that's literally all they did - a name and a costume. So what I'm trying to say is that the evidence is clear that they have the capability to make amazing games using existing characters. I haven't, on the other hand, seen much convincing evidence that they can make a compelling character of their own who is completely original. Doesn't mean they can't do it, just means it has yet to be proven. Maybe Bane is right, and they are working on something completely original. Only time will tell.
M. Malone

Postby Batman9555 » Oct 4th, 2017, 12:16 am

M. Malone wrote:^^^ Oh, I don't hold it against them that Jason Todd was actually the Arkham Knight. I do believe, however, they used the phrase "completely new character" when describing him. It's true that the suit and the name were new, but the character - the person - has been in the comics for decades. So that was a little misleading in my opinion. But like I said, I'm not butt-hurt over the deal, I actually really liked Arkham Knight, despite some shortcomings.

My point in bringing that example up was simply to illustrate that Rocksteady DID have the opportunity to come up with their own IP in that instance. Instead they chose to come up with a new name and a costume. Make no mistake, that's literally all they did - a name and a costume. So what I'm trying to say is that the evidence is clear that they have the capability to make amazing games using existing characters. I haven't, on the other hand, seen much convincing evidence that they can make a compelling character of their own who is completely original. Doesn't mean they can't do it, just means it has yet to be proven. Maybe Bane is right, and they are working on something completely original. Only time will tell.

Yeah I think that they used that term or something similar but like I said before they didn't lie they were just trying to avoid spoilers. Of course they couldn't just give the identity of Arkham Knight in interview or something like that but I think that they knew that fans know that person under the mask is somebody we already know. Rocksteady definitely can make great new character but making completly new character to be one of main characters in the final game of the trilogy would be wrong move. If that character appeared in earlier games as original character and then returned as Arkham Knight in the final game that would be good. But having person under the mask making first appearance in the final game wouldn't work. Instead they took best route possible and used character from comics and that character fits into story. I also think that they could be working on something new but then again they could also be working on game from established franchise. I think that we'll find out soon.
Batman9555

Favourite Villain: Joker, Mr. Freeze

Postby Abcdefg » Oct 5th, 2017, 12:58 pm

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 2988847104
2017.06 early concepts arkham knight box art <-AK

2 month

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 2135434242

2017.08 Arkham Asylum . It's 8 years <-AA

2month

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 0509943808

2017.10 Arkham city Early concepts <-AC

2moth

new game Announcement?(PSX,TGA)

-- Oct 6th, 2017, 5:21 am --

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 2988847104
2017.06 early concepts arkham knight box art <-AK

2 month

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 2135434242

2017.08 Arkham Asylum . It's 8 years <-AA

2month

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 0509943808

2017.10 Arkham city Early concepts <-AC

2moth

new game Announcement?(PSX,TGA)

-- Oct 6th, 2017, 5:21 am --

ust bear with me until the end because I'm gonna throw a lot of information at you. Okay, here we go:
WBIE along with most other publishers have a cycle in which they announce, market, and release titles. They tend to break them up into fiscal quarters, but for the sake of everyone here I'll break them up into seasons: Spring (January-March) Summer (April-late June) Fall (July-late September) Winter (October-End of Year).
They almost always have a major release in each season, along with an announcement. This year they released LEGO Worlds in Spring, and also announced Shadow of War. Summer they released Injustice 2 and announced LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. Fall they released LEGO Ninjago movie video game and announced LEGO Worlds for the Nintendo Switch. Winter they're releasing Shadow of War and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. They haven't announced anything as of yet.
This leaves their slate completely open. If you know anything about the gaming industry, this isn't exactly a good thing. You always want a constant flow of people buying new games or pre-ordering games on your slate to keep the cash coming in. For instance, earlier this year they announced Shadow of War, got many pre-orders for the game while also releasing a slew of other games.
Right now, all of their other studios have made major releases this year. Avalanche dropped CARS 3: Driven to win. Monolith had Shadow of War. Netherrealm has Injustice 2 and TellTale dropped another season for Batman. This leaves the door completely wide open for WB Montreal and Rocksteady.
My guess is, based on their cycle, WB will announce the game in early November with a Game Informer cover, like they always do. And to those wondering why they wouldn't wait for a major event like E3, PSX or VGA's, well, WB isn't shy about announcing games on their own terms. They announced Shadow of Mordor on November 12th, 2013, and it's successor, Shadow of War, was announced on February 27th, 2017. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were both announced in the latter part of the year, and Arkham Origins and Arkham Knight both had Spring time Game Informer covers.
If you couple all this information along with the teasing (yes, guys, it is teasing. In publicity every post has a meaning behind it, even if they tell you it doesn't) and the fact that there's a major blockbuster movie about the JUSTICE LEAGUE coming out in early November then I think it's safe to say that whatever DC game is coming out first, then it'll be revealed then.
EDIT: My two cents on what they are-- Rocksteady is making a Superman game and WB Montreal is making a successor to Arkham Origins with some co-op gameplay
Abcdefg

Favourite Villain: joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: BATMAN The Killing J

Postby Mani-Man » Oct 6th, 2017, 1:06 pm

It is a bit odd that they released concept art out of the blue...concept art that makes me want to have more batman games from them.
Seriously, look at those awesome concept art, the look, the atmosphere....ahhhhhhhhh.

We will see, only thing we can do is hope and wait.
Im really curious as to what Rocksteady is working on.
WBM hopefully works on a Origins sequel...but who knows....we can only play the awful waiting game.
Mani-Man

Postby ??? » Oct 6th, 2017, 3:24 pm

While a truly good Superman game would be a blessing after the many attempts at one, I'm kinda hoping it's a Wonder Woman game. This is, of course, assuming they're making anything DC related. Hell, I'd love a Justice League Game where all members of the League are playable, Batman included. You can get Kevin Conroy back that way and still have his statement about no Arkham games hold true.
I'm really optimistic. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. Regardless of whether or not they release something, I still got plenty of games to play atm.
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby M. Malone » Oct 6th, 2017, 5:11 pm

I am really hoping for a Superman game. It's totally cool with me if it is set in the Arkhamverse. Although they don't need to advertise that. Just from it being a Rocksteady game it could be implied.

I want to see a vastly different atmosphere though. I don't want to see a Snyder-influenced Superman game that's dark and gritty. It needs to be distinguished from Batman's world. I would love to see a high-tech, forward looking Metropolis that is glistening and clean. It doesn't have to be unrealistically so, but I'm thinking an atmosphere similar to the Mirror's edge series.

I don't have any suggestions for story beyond the idea that maybe the story could start out with Superman being his boy scout, idealistic self, mirroring the game's appearance. As the plot is uncovered however, his inner idealism is challenged, and he begins to see the world as the darker place it is in reality. They could even include some arkham-style Batman gameplay, and interaction between the dark knight and the boy scout.
M. Malone

Postby Abcdefg » Oct 7th, 2017, 2:55 am

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 6986126336

Concept showing Batman gliding & the scale of the city in Batman: Arkham Knight. Note the Stagg airship, even at this early stage.

Why is Rocksteadys social media active after 2 years again?

-- Oct 9th, 2017, 3:00 pm --

Concept showing Batman gliding & the scale of the city in Batman: Arkham Knight. Note the Stagg airship, even at this early stage.

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 1936050176

Concept Environments and 3D test models for the exterior of Arkham Asylum.

10.4 AC Concept
10.6 AK Concept
10.9 AA 3D test models Concept

naxt game November Game informer cover
Announcement soon?

-- Oct 11th, 2017, 4:24 pm --

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 1936050176

Concept Environments and 3D test models for the exterior of Arkham Asylum.

10.4 AC Concept
10.6 AK Concept
10.9 AA 3D test models Concept

naxt game November Game informer cover
Announcement soon?

-- Oct 11th, 2017, 4:24 pm --

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 1899119616

Concepts for the Museum sequence in Batman: Arkham City. These pieces were produced before we even shipped Arkham Asylum.
Abcdefg

Postby LelekPL » Oct 11th, 2017, 10:14 pm

If it's a sUperman game, I don't give a shit. If it's any other comic book property, I don't give a shit.

If they're making another Baman game, to go out on a high note, rather than being remembered for Arkham Knight, I'm IN!
If they're making an original IP with similar gameplay mechanics, I'm also IN.
If they're making some sci-fi/action game, I'm also IN.
LelekPL

Favourite Villain: Joker

Postby Abcdefg » Oct 13th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Concept for the interior of GCPD for Batman: Arkham Knight. The final version ended up being less clean, but more chaotic and functional.

https://twitter.com/RocksteadyGames/sta ... 7686828032

-- Oct 14th, 2017, 2:11 am --

Concept for the interior of GCPD for Batman: Arkham Knight. The final version ended up being less clean, but more chaotic and functional.

For the last couple of weeks Rocksteady has been teasing us with concept art from their last franchise in anticipation of what they have coming next. I posted a thread giving my speculation about when they might reveal their next game(which I'll post the link later) and gave some extensive evidence that pertains to WB's marketing strategy.
Now, I have some more evidence that shows the past trends that lead up to the announcement of their new games. I recently looked at WB's latest AAA title release, Shadow of War, and looked at what led up to the announcement of that title this year in 2017. What I found was a startling comparison. Back in 2016, leading up to the announcement, they had become active again on Twitter. After about a year of silence they resurged in December 2016 with a multitude of tweets each a week apart. What was inside these tweets you ask?..... none other than concept art. Each one showing the scale and scope of the previous game to give the people hype about whatever project they have next. The more funny thing about this is, in the concept art they used some of the same captions as Rocksteady is using in their Twitter. Such as, "this was made early on in development", "we had this concept made before our last game was shipped", etc.
The last tweet of that was at the end of December. So, basically, the beginning of January. A month later the game was revealed on the cover of Game Informer.
Rocksteady is taking the same approach now. A concept art every couple of days. They might be going the faster route to gear up with a possible reveal at the Paris Games Week (PlayStation has a press conference there where they teased some new game announcements) in the end of October, maybe a Game Informer reveal at the beginning of November, or a reveal at PSX or the VGA's in December.
This is just more confirmation that something is coming our way soon.

I think they'll go the Game Informer route and do it next month. They have done that for every game in the past and WB is used to doing it for their big AAA games. Though, lately they haven't done that. They've just come right out and announced it, with some sort of teaser a month beforehand. I'd say expect something closer to the time Justice League is out in theaters. If WB is smart, they'll do it then when the hype is at its absolute pinnacle.

I really think it's Superman. It's the most logical next step for Rocksteady to take. They already said that their next project is absolutely not Batman related, so it has to be someone else other than DC. And I'm not even talking Justice League because that would include Batman. If anyone is making another Batman game, it's WB Montreal.

-- Oct 19th, 2017, 1:34 pm --

For the last couple of weeks Rocksteady has been teasing us with concept art from their last franchise in anticipation of what they have coming next. I posted a thread giving my speculation about when they might reveal their next game(which I'll post the link later) and gave some extensive evidence that pertains to WB's marketing strategy.
Now, I have some more evidence that shows the past trends that lead up to the announcement of their new games. I recently looked at WB's latest AAA title release, Shadow of War, and looked at what led up to the announcement of that title this year in 2017. What I found was a startling comparison. Back in 2016, leading up to the announcement, they had become active again on Twitter. After about a year of silence they resurged in December 2016 with a multitude of tweets each a week apart. What was inside these tweets you ask?..... none other than concept art. Each one showing the scale and scope of the previous game to give the people hype about whatever project they have next. The more funny thing about this is, in the concept art they used some of the same captions as Rocksteady is using in their Twitter. Such as, "this was made early on in development", "we had this concept made before our last game was shipped", etc.
The last tweet of that was at the end of December. So, basically, the beginning of January. A month later the game was revealed on the cover of Game Informer.
Rocksteady is taking the same approach now. A concept art every couple of days. They might be going the faster route to gear up with a possible reveal at the Paris Games Week (PlayStation has a press conference there where they teased some new game announcements) in the end of October, maybe a Game Informer reveal at the beginning of November, or a reveal at PSX or the VGA's in December.

I think they'll go the Game Informer route and do it next month. They have done that for every game in the past and WB is used to doing it for their big AAA games. Though, lately they haven't done that. They've just come right out and announced it, with some sort of teaser a month beforehand. I'd say expect something closer to the time Justice League is out in theaters. If WB is smart, they'll do it then when the hype is at its absolute pinnacle.

I really think it's Superman. It's the most logical next step for Rocksteady to take. They already said that their next project is absolutely not Batman related, so it has to be someone else other than DC. And I'm not even talking Justice League because that would include Batman. If anyone is making another Batman game, it's WB Montreal.

I was thinking this today...Rocksteady has been posting concept art for the past three weeks after being inactive for a couple years. Monolith did the same thing before they announced Shadow of War, Rocksteady has to be announcing something soon. Then I thought, what if they are posting hints inside the tweets about their next game? So then I started digging...
I checked Monolith's tweets and since I haven't played Shadow of War or Shadow of Mordor, I couldn't tell if they were hinting at anything in the future game, but if someone wants to go and check then by all means do so. But what I found in Rocksteady's tweets may hint to their next project.
So, Rocksteady has already stated that they're done with Batman. I think all hints leading up to their next game should take that into account.
In the second concept art tweet Rocksteady said "note the Stagg airship, even at this early stage." That got me thinking...what if there's a hint inside the airship? So I got to looking, and as you would've guessed, not a damn thing. So I got a bit discouraged, but then I came across this, a poster that says "FLY TO METROPOLIS". What do you see inside the poster? That's right, a Stagg Airship. In the tweet Rocksteady said "note batman gliding and the scale of the city"... what's in the poster? Superman flying and the scale of his city. I thought, nahhhh this can't be. They wouldn't drop hints like that...but then I kept going.
The next tweet said "concept environments and 3D test models for the exterior of Arkham Asylum". So, I got to looking some more. Is there anything in Arkham Knight that could be used as some sort of test model? Yep, a building that is so ominous because it has a major presence, but is one of the rare ones that we never step foot inside of-- Lexcorp Tower. It sits in the middle of New Gotham and you only interact with it once. It also serves as a test for the aesthetic into the new game they're making.
Now, we go back to the first tweet that says "early concepts for the atmosphere and environments in arkham city". So, going off the stuff I just found, I looked within the game of Arkham Knight to see what I could find. There's no secret picture of a city or anything like that. But what I did think about was, the actual map itself. In particular, New Gotham. The entire area of the city has skyscrapers, and the modern aesthetic doesn't really fit into the type of aesthetic that Rocksteady has had in their previous games. That's because the entire block was somewhat of a jumping off point for their next game, which included a bunch of modern, tall skyscrapers...Metropolis.
The fourth tweet took a bit more thinking. They said "these pieces were produced before we even shipped Asylum". I remembered the concept art of Superman, Brainiac, and Doomsday that leaked a long time ago. Notice though, in the upper right hand corner they have another concept art. It says "Aerial Concept - Kandor." It shows a battle sequence between Superman and a couple of brainiac ships in what seems like outer space, or just high as hell in the sky. He's beaming down heat vision at them and blowing them up. If you check the date, it says it's in March of 2015. That's before Arkham Knight even shipped. They already have the outline of the game they want. And for those who are looking at the tag at the bottom, WB Montreal makes a lot of concept art and preliminary stuff for Rocksteady. They did the same thing on Arkham Knight and all the DLC. Rocksteady knows that the concept art leaked, it's probably a wink and nod to that.
The fifth tweet takes me back to New Gotham. They captioned the tweet "Concept for the interior of GCPD for Batman: Arkham Knight. The final version ended up being less clean, but more chaotic and functional." New Gotham is neat and clean. The cleanest area inside the whole city, and it houses, yes, Lexcorp Tower, Queen Industries, and Amertek. It's the nicest part of Gotham. The city we end up next will NOT be that. It will probably be in complete chaos.
The last tweet is just simply a character concept for Batman. I believe that's because Rocksteady is telling us that what they're working on next will focus on a single protagonist; another DC hero icon. Superman.
These are my thoughts. I think a studio like Rocksteady who are known for hiding and hinting at things in clever ways would do something like this. Also note, they haven't posted any concept art for today. I think they're done with any tweets until they announce their next game. That's what monolith did. Two months after they stopped posting Shadow of Mordor concept, they announced Shadow of War. We have PSX, the VGA's, Paris Games Week, and maybe a new Game Informer cover next month to see.
TL;DR: Rocksteady may be hiding hints in their tweets to their new game, and I think it's Superman.

-- Nov 1st, 2017, 2:50 pm --

I was thinking this today...Rocksteady has been posting concept art for the past three weeks after being inactive for a couple years. Monolith did the same thing before they announced Shadow of War, Rocksteady has to be announcing something soon. Then I thought, what if they are posting hints inside the tweets about their next game? So then I started digging...
I checked Monolith's tweets and since I haven't played Shadow of War or Shadow of Mordor, I couldn't tell if they were hinting at anything in the future game, but if someone wants to go and check then by all means do so. But what I found in Rocksteady's tweets may hint to their next project.
So, Rocksteady has already stated that they're done with Batman. I think all hints leading up to their next game should take that into account.
In the second concept art tweet Rocksteady said "note the Stagg airship, even at this early stage." That got me thinking...what if there's a hint inside the airship? So I got to looking, and as you would've guessed, not a damn thing. So I got a bit discouraged, but then I came across this, a poster that says "FLY TO METROPOLIS". What do you see inside the poster? That's right, a Stagg Airship. In the tweet Rocksteady said "note batman gliding and the scale of the city"... what's in the poster? Superman flying and the scale of his city. I thought, nahhhh this can't be. They wouldn't drop hints like that...but then I kept going.
The next tweet said "concept environments and 3D test models for the exterior of Arkham Asylum". So, I got to looking some more. Is there anything in Arkham Knight that could be used as some sort of test model? Yep, a building that is so ominous because it has a major presence, but is one of the rare ones that we never step foot inside of-- Lexcorp Tower. It sits in the middle of New Gotham and you only interact with it once. It also serves as a test for the aesthetic into the new game they're making.
Now, we go back to the first tweet that says "early concepts for the atmosphere and environments in arkham city". So, going off the stuff I just found, I looked within the game of Arkham Knight to see what I could find. There's no secret picture of a city or anything like that. But what I did think about was, the actual map itself. In particular, New Gotham. The entire area of the city has skyscrapers, and the modern aesthetic doesn't really fit into the type of aesthetic that Rocksteady has had in their previous games. That's because the entire block was somewhat of a jumping off point for their next game, which included a bunch of modern, tall skyscrapers...Metropolis.
The fourth tweet took a bit more thinking. They said "these pieces were produced before we even shipped Asylum". I remembered the concept art of Superman, Brainiac, and Doomsday that leaked a long time ago. Notice though, in the upper right hand corner they have another concept art. It says "Aerial Concept - Kandor." It shows a battle sequence between Superman and a couple of brainiac ships in what seems like outer space, or just high as hell in the sky. He's beaming down heat vision at them and blowing them up. If you check the date, it says it's in March of 2015. That's before Arkham Knight even shipped. They already have the outline of the game they want. And for those who are looking at the tag at the bottom, WB Montreal makes a lot of concept art and preliminary stuff for Rocksteady. They did the same thing on Arkham Knight and all the DLC. Rocksteady knows that the concept art leaked, it's probably a wink and nod to that.
The fifth tweet takes me back to New Gotham. They captioned the tweet "Concept for the interior of GCPD for Batman: Arkham Knight. The final version ended up being less clean, but more chaotic and functional." New Gotham is neat and clean. The cleanest area inside the whole city, and it houses, yes, Lexcorp Tower, Queen Industries, and Amertek. It's the nicest part of Gotham. The city we end up next will NOT be that. It will probably be in complete chaos.
The last tweet is just simply a character concept for Batman. I believe that's because Rocksteady is telling us that what they're working on next will focus on a single protagonist; another DC hero icon. Superman.
These are my thoughts. I think a studio like Rocksteady who are known for hiding and hinting at things in clever ways would do something like this. Also note, they haven't posted any concept art for today. I think they're done with any tweets until they announce their next game. That's what monolith did. Two months after they stopped posting Shadow of Mordor concept, they announced Shadow of War. We have PSX, the VGA's, Paris Games Week, and maybe a new Game Informer cover next month to see.
TL;DR: Rocksteady may be hiding hints in their tweets to their new game, and I think it's Superman.

So Paris Games Week has come and gone, and while we did get some awesome announcements from Sucker Punch and new trailers for Spider-Man, God of War, and Horizon, we got nothing from our beloved Rocksteady Studios.
The next option we could see their new game would be a Game Informer cover reveal for the month of December. If you don't know, magazines always list the issue a month ahead of the actual release, so the reveal would be sometime soon.
Confirmed via a tweet from Game Informer's Editor-In-Cheif, Andy McNamara, the cover reveal is coming next week. WB in the past has announced all of their games with either a Game Informer cover, or just revealing them alongside a cinematic trailer, and sometimes both. Nearly every Arkham game besides Arkham City(only known as Arkham Asylum 2 at the time) has been announced via a Game Informer cover alongside a CGI trailer. Shadow of Mordor, Monolith's first foray into the Tolkein universe, was announced in November 2013 with a Game Informer cover issue.
Rocksteady has also been very active on their twitter lately, posting concept arts nearly every couple of days. This led many to assume they were going to announce their next title soon. Some, including myself, even thought we'd see them show up at Sony's conference today at Paris Games Week, but that didn't happen.
With nothing left on WB's slate, do you think Rocksteady will reveal their next game on the Game Informer cover issue for December? Or do you think we might have to wait for a the VGA's, PSX, or maybe even a Game Informer cover next year?
TL;DR: Game Informer cover reveal coming next week. Do you think it could be Rocksteady?

-- Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:41 pm --

So Paris Games Week has come and gone, and while we did get some awesome announcements from Sucker Punch and new trailers for Spider-Man, God of War, and Horizon, we got nothing from our beloved Rocksteady Studios.
The next option we could see their new game would be a Game Informer cover reveal for the month of December. If you don't know, magazines always list the issue a month ahead of the actual release, so the reveal would be sometime soon.
Confirmed via a tweet from Game Informer's Editor-In-Cheif, Andy McNamara, the cover reveal is coming next week. WB in the past has announced all of their games with either a Game Informer cover, or just revealing them alongside a cinematic trailer, and sometimes both. Nearly every Arkham game besides Arkham City(only known as Arkham Asylum 2 at the time) has been announced via a Game Informer cover alongside a CGI trailer. Shadow of Mordor, Monolith's first foray into the Tolkein universe, was announced in November 2013 with a Game Informer cover issue.
Rocksteady has also been very active on their twitter lately, posting concept arts nearly every couple of days. This led many to assume they were going to announce their next title soon. Some, including myself, even thought we'd see them show up at Sony's conference today at Paris Games Week, but that didn't happen.
With nothing left on WB's slate, do you think Rocksteady will reveal their next game on the Game Informer cover issue for December? Or do you think we might have to wait for a the VGA's, PSX, or maybe even a Game Informer cover next year?
TL;DR: Game Informer cover reveal coming next week. Do you think it could be Rocksteady?

-- Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:41 pm --

Bottom
[RUMOUR] Rocksteady is working on a new Superman game

next issue of GameInformer a new Superman game made by Rocksteady and Warner Bros will be announced.

Game Informer cover game will be revealed next week. It will be Rocksteady's Superman game. The scale and the ambition of the game are massive, you all will be blown away by the details. Can't wait to see your reaction, lads."
Abcdefg

Previous

Return to News