WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby The man who laughs » May 7th, 2018, 9:33 pm

johnsyggel wrote:
The man who laughs wrote:New rumours about rocksteady working on a superman game have resurfaced. Apparently its set to be announced before e3.

I'd love to see RS try making a game for another her.Superman is great,of course! And a new game is what really this forum needs to stay alive.- sigh-

I agree hahaha, it's pretty much dead. I'm glad rocksteady are making another DC that's not Batman. I just hope WB is making a Batman game though
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby Abcdefg » Jun 3rd, 2018, 2:34 am

next week
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner/statu ... 1324241921
GameInformer Cover Rocksteady new game?(superman)
Abcdefg

Favourite Villain: joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: BATMAN The Killing J

Postby José_Long » Jun 6th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Hopefully we get a new game announcement this week, at long last.

It's crazy how this forum kind of disappear from the space-time continuum between games and then resurrect like it never disappeared in the first place :oldyella:
José_Long

Favourite Villain: Two Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: DKR

Postby Abcdefg » Oct 4th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Posted to 4chan earlier but this seems like a better option to get the word out.

Let me start off by saying that Rocksteady isn't making that Harry Potter game. That's Avalanche Software, WB's new studio they purchased last year. To all those who were hoping that Rocksteady was moving on from the Arkhamverse and making a different type of DC game, I'm sorry, but they aren't. There's no Justice League or Superman game in development.

Rocksteady's new multiplayer Batman game is scheduled to get announced at X018. Here's everything I know:

Title: DC's Arkham Universe

Release Date: Fall 2019

Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC

Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)

Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood

Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.

Gotham is now a "living, breathing city"

Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)

There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.

Main Villain: Court of Owls

Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.

Every character is available in free roam.

Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles

Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes

Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.

Stealth segments make you work together

Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.

Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.

New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual takedown to get them down)

Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)

Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously

This is supposed to be Rocksteady's true "last hoorah" of Batman games.

Link to the 4chan thread. There might be some replies or stuff I'm forgetting. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433941967

tl;dr Rocksteady's making a new Batman game. Multiplayer this time.
Abcdefg

Favourite Villain: joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: BATMAN The Killing J

Postby DatBat » Oct 5th, 2018, 1:07 am

Abcdefg wrote:Posted to 4chan earlier but this seems like a better option to get the word out.

Let me start off by saying that Rocksteady isn't making that Harry Potter game. That's Avalanche Software, WB's new studio they purchased last year. To all those who were hoping that Rocksteady was moving on from the Arkhamverse and making a different type of DC game, I'm sorry, but they aren't. There's no Justice League or Superman game in development.

Rocksteady's new multiplayer Batman game is scheduled to get announced at X018. Here's everything I know:

Title: DC's Arkham Universe

Release Date: Fall 2019

Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC

Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)

Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood

Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.

Gotham is now a "living, breathing city"

Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)

There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.

Main Villain: Court of Owls

Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.

Every character is available in free roam.

Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles

Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes

Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.

Stealth segments make you work together

Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.

Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.

New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual takedown to get them down)

Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)

Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously

This is supposed to be Rocksteady's true "last hoorah" of Batman games.

Link to the 4chan thread. There might be some replies or stuff I'm forgetting. http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433941967

tl;dr Rocksteady's making a new Batman game. Multiplayer this time.

This doesn't make any sense, especially if it's an Arkham game. At what point in the timeline was Batman alive (not counting whatever that Batman in the final scene of Knight is), Batgirl not paralyzed, and Red Hood around?

I'd certainly love to see Rocksteady announce something at XO18, maybe they will, but it won't be this
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Previous

Return to News