[MUST READ] How to submit a News Story

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

[MUST READ] How to submit a News Story

Postby Red_Robin » Jan 14th, 2013, 9:12 am

Here at Arkhamverse.com, we pride ourselves on reporting all the latest Arkhamverse news, whether it be a single new screenshot, a merchandise item or a major game reveal.

We haven’t been able to do this alone. We’ve always had help from the community, who are fantastic at ferreting out news stories. As we approached the release of Arkham City users became well versed in how to write a news story so that we could publish it as quickly as possible.

We operate the site on-the-go for the majority of the time. In other words, whilst it may appear that I am sat at my computer all day, I am more likely to be checking in on the site on my smart phone during a free moment at, or on my way to/from, work. During these check ins, I can operate the site quickly and I can get well sourced and well written news posts published. What I don’t want to be doing is chasing sources around or rewriting someone’s post whilst I walk down the street.

With all that in mind, please look over the following format and rules for posting.

Please use this code to see how posts should be formatted. News should be submitted via the ‘New Topic’ button on this page on the forum.

Code:
Code: Select all
[center][rs]Not essential, but preferred. Please include a link to a relevant image using either the IMG or RS tags.[/rs][/center]

[b]Your opening sentence should summarise the story and be in bold.[/b]
Expand upon your story in the main block of text. This should be in full sentences and stick to the facts. Avoid wild speculation and text speak.

Poor Example: "OMG lyk wil manbat b innit cos ther woz a bat n a man on the screen? Lolz"

Better Example: "A photo of new action figures has revealed that Hush will be in Arkham City."

[url=http://www.the-web-address-of-your-news-story-source.com/make-sure-it-links-to-the-story-not-just-the-homepage.html]Source Website Name[/url]

Rules:
- Before posting at all, please check for similar stories in the news blog archives or on the forum. Just because it isn’t in the news banner doesn’t mean that it hasn’t been posted.

- Always source your news. No source = no credibility. The story will be deleted. Ridiculous unsourced claims will result in an official warning placed on your account.

- Don’t just post a link. Help us prioritise by telling us what the story is.

- No text speak. You have space to write properly; please use it. If you are a non-native English speaker and feel that you want help, just make a note of that in the post. We can help.

SPECIAL RULE FOR E3, SDCC, PAX etcetera
You MUST send a PM to myself, Elliott and CROD after posting.
News from these shows comes thick and fast. We need to be on top of things with regards maintaining threads and writing up news for the wider world on the blog.
The PM should have the same title as your news post. Ideally you will copy your post into the PM along with a link to the post, but the link to the post and a brief summary of the story are absolutely essential.

I’m happy to discuss any of the above, particular instances or other ideas you may have, but I think that the format set out here will make things much quicker and easier for everyone.

Thanks,
Red_Robin
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: [MUST READ] How to submit a News Story

Postby MacaulayRose7 » Mar 11th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Good guide to follow, I am sure many others including myself will find this helpful.
MacaulayRose7

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham Unhinged

Re: [MUST READ] How to submit a News Story - UPDATED FOR SDC

Postby RedBird » Aug 18th, 2013, 3:21 pm

thanks for the heads up. Now i know for next time.
RedBird

Favourite Villain: Hush
Favourite Graphic Novel: Lonley Placeof Dying

Postby philipdgls26 » Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:20 pm

not sure how to start a new topic could someone help me out?
Philip :riddler:
philipdgls26
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: All of them
Favourite Graphic Novel: Justice

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 11th, 2014, 9:10 am

Can people please remember to stick to this format?

I won't be at my PC for another 11 hours. I could clean things up on my phone, but that takes much longer and can really start to eat into my work day.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 29th, 2014, 9:40 am

BUMP. Because several members (some old, some new) can't seem to follow this incredibly simple format. I understand how some members might be excited and want to be the one to break the news--believe me, I've been there plenty of times but I still followed the format each time. Plus, being the one to break the news doesn't really reward you with anything, so what's the hurry?
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Return to News