Batman: Arkham Knight - Everything We Know

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight - Everything We Know

Postby RdJokr » May 30th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Worst Knightmare wrote:Recently, Sefton twittered that we can chase cars without Batmobile,
good to know...

It's gonna be a pain in the ass though, even with Grapnel Boost.
RdJokr

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby dk09w1ngz » May 30th, 2015, 10:19 pm

RdJokr wrote:
Worst Knightmare wrote:Recently, Sefton twittered that we can chase cars without Batmobile,
good to know...

Watch. It's going to be mandatory at some point. :oldyella:
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby BuNKiTZ » May 31st, 2015, 4:33 am

good to know...

Ah. I kinda expected that, reading the latest issue of the comic.
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby RdJokr » May 31st, 2015, 2:38 pm

So, according to a Twitter user who went to MCM Comic Con and attended Rocksteady's panel, they have confirmed (once again) that Arkham Origins is canon, and will be referenced in Arkham Knight.

This fact is mentioned in CabooseXBL's video here (around 2:56):

I find this a very exciting thing, that Rocksteady is clearly showing love to WB Montreal and their work :adam:
RdJokr

Postby BuNKiTZ » May 31st, 2015, 2:42 pm

RdJokr wrote:So, according to a Twitter user who went to MCM Comic Con and attended Rocksteady's panel, they have confirmed (once again) that Arkham Origins is canon, and will be referenced in Arkham Knight.

I find this a very exciting thing, that Rocksteady is clearly showing love to WB Montreal and their work :adam:

That's good. It'll finally shut the haters up. And it's kind of necessary. I think it would just be awkward if they didn't acknowledge it, seeing as they're borrowing a lot of the new features/ideas Origins introduced. I just hope one of them is the Case File system. Without the big red triangles.
BuNKiTZ

Postby dk09w1ngz » May 31st, 2015, 6:09 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:
RdJokr wrote:So, according to a Twitter user who went to MCM Comic Con and attended Rocksteady's panel, they have confirmed (once again) that Arkham Origins is canon, and will be referenced in Arkham Knight.

That's good. It'll finally shut the haters up. And it's kind of necessary. I think it would just be awkward if they didn't acknowledge it, seeing as they're borrowing a lot of the new features/ideas Origins introduced. I just hope one of them is the Case File system. Without the big red triangles.

If only there was a "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" smiley I could post. This'll suffice: :oldyella:
dk09w1ngz

Postby RdJokr » Jun 1st, 2015, 2:14 am

dk09w1ngz wrote:
If only there was a "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" smiley I could post. This'll suffice: :oldyella:

Not a smiley, but:
RdJokr

Postby natman2939 » Jun 1st, 2015, 5:18 am

good to know...

he was responding to me! I was so excited :)

RdJokr wrote:
good to know...

I'm really excited about it because I don't want AK to FORCE the batmobile on us. I want it to be an option. Sort of like how in Dues Ex: HR, you could choose to stealth through a place or shoot your way through a place, or choose to use lethal or non-lethal.

in that same sense: I think we should be able to choose if we'd rather grapnel and glide or batmobile and not be forced it into it constantly.

Anyway,
Been a while since I've been on arkhamverse, didn't want to torture myself like I did with AO cause there was so much time left.

Random question for those of you who follow this stuff way closer than I do: I know rocksteady has said AK is supposed to be the "ultimate batman experience" I highly doubt that's true because if you think about all the stuff that you'd need for it to truly be the "ultimate batman experience" there's just no way (i'm including things like the batplane and batcycles and all other stuff)

but here's the big one that I 100% doubt will be in the game but i'll ask anyway: ....any chance of a moment in the game where batman has to wear one of his famous big armored suits?

Because regarding the "ultimate batman experience" I can't help but think of all the times Batman has to had to put on some huge mech-suit to fight stronger enemies.

The anti-superman suit in Dark Knight Returns
The big mech suit he wore to fight the court of owls
the "fenrir" suit he wore to fight in the justice league in End Game
the "hellbat" suit he used to fight kalibak in the B&R comics on Darkseid's world

My biggest dream for an arkham game has always and will continue to be a fight against superman in some kind of mech suit (that itself has unique gadgets made exclusively for the suit)

So....any chance for a mech/armored suit (not counting his regular armor) in Arkham Knight?
natman2939

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 1st, 2015, 5:57 am

natman2939 wrote:
good to know...

he was responding to me! I was so excited :)

RdJokr wrote:
good to know...

I'm really excited about it because I don't want AK to FORCE the batmobile on us. I want it to be an option. Sort of like how in Dues Ex: HR, you could choose to stealth through a place or shoot your way through a place, or choose to use lethal or non-lethal.

in that same sense: I think we should be able to choose if we'd rather grapnel and glide or batmobile and not be forced it into it constantly.

Anyway,
Been a while since I've been on arkhamverse, didn't want to torture myself like I did with AO cause there was so much time left.

Random question for those of you who follow this stuff way closer than I do: I know rocksteady has said AK is supposed to be the "ultimate batman experience" I highly doubt that's true because if you think about all the stuff that you'd need for it to truly be the "ultimate batman experience" there's just no way (i'm including things like the batplane and batcycles and all other stuff)

but here's the big one that I 100% doubt will be in the game but i'll ask anyway: ....any chance of a moment in the game where batman has to wear one of his famous big armored suits?

Because regarding the "ultimate batman experience" I can't help but think of all the times Batman has to had to put on some huge mech-suit to fight stronger enemies.

The anti-superman suit in Dark Knight Returns
The big mech suit he wore to fight the court of owls
the "fenrir" suit he wore to fight in the justice league in End Game
the "hellbat" suit he used to fight kalibak in the B&R comics on Darkseid's world

My biggest dream for an arkham game has always and will continue to be a fight against superman in some kind of mech suit (that itself has unique gadgets made exclusively for the suit)

So....any chance for a mech/armored suit (not counting his regular armor) in Arkham Knight?

Hey, man, haven't seen you around here in a long time. Welcome back!

Sadly, no, I'm quite sure that's not going to happen. I'd really love to use the Hellbat suit, though. That thing was insane.
BuNKiTZ

Postby RdJokr » Jun 1st, 2015, 8:09 am

Speaking of suits, we still have no idea what the three New 52 skins in the Batmobile/Limited Edition are, right? I assume one will be his current regular suit, one will be Zero Year (kinda redundant, since we have the First Appearance skin, but hell, I'll take it).
RdJokr

Postby killzoneliberation » Jun 1st, 2015, 8:42 am

The aviefment list and the red hood trailer shows that wb games and rocksteady indeed worked together and ao is simply a last gen version of ak.
killzoneliberation

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jun 1st, 2015, 8:43 am

killzoneliberation wrote:The aviefment list and the red hood trailer shows that wb games and rocksteady indeed worked together and ao is simply a last gen version of ak.

Achievement list I could kinda believe. The Red Hood trailer's more a stretch. But hey,

Spoiler: show
Does look like Black Mask there.
dk09w1ngz

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 1st, 2015, 8:44 am

RdJokr wrote:Speaking of suits, we still have no idea what the three New 52 skins in the Batmobile/Limited Edition are, right? I assume one will be his current regular suit, one will be Zero Year (kinda redundant, since we have the First Appearance skin, but hell, I'll take it).

Yep. At one point, I thought one of them might be the 3000 skin, since that's a product of the New 52, but all PlayStation copies come with that, so it can't be that. One of them's the default New 52 Bat Suit, of course. We've already got a small image of that, if I recall correctly. Another's most likely Zero Year. I hope the other is Futures End. Would be a nice way to round it off. Beginning, middle, and end (future).

killzoneliberation wrote:The aviefment list and the red hood trailer shows that wb games and rocksteady indeed worked together and ao is simply a last gen version of ak.

Just saying this in general, not necessarily to you, but: Please don't discuss anything about the achievement list here. If you wish to do so, at least keep it in the spoiler tabs. This bit of information may be spoilers for some people.
BuNKiTZ

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jun 1st, 2015, 9:08 am

Bunkitz, did you see my news post with the two new things about the Dual Play and Batmobile?
dk09w1ngz

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 1st, 2015, 9:09 am

dk09w1ngz wrote:Bunkitz, did you see my news post with the two new things about the Dual Play and Batmobile?

Oh, no, I don't think so. I'll look for it now, I suppose.

EDIT: Yeah, I already saw that. The L1 to change characters is already up. It's for the Team Takedown or whatever you call it. The way I see it is if you hit L1 without a full meter, you just switch. If you have a full meter, you do a Takedown.

Haven't included the Tank thing, though. I'll add that next time.
BuNKiTZ

PreviousNext

Return to News