Batman: Arkham Knight - Everything We Know

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight - Everything We Know

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 2nd, 2015, 12:56 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:Yep. At one point, I thought one of them might be the 3000 skin, since that's a product of the New 52, but all PlayStation copies come with that, so it can't be that. One of them's the default New 52 Bat Suit, of course. We've already got a small image of that, if I recall correctly. Another's most likely Zero Year.
I hope the other is Futures End. Would be a nice way to round it off. Beginning, middle, and end (future).

I haven't read much of the New 52 yet, especially not the latest, which suit do you mean?
This one?
Laederlappen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 2nd, 2015, 2:10 pm

Laederlappen wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:Yep. At one point, I thought one of them might be the 3000 skin, since that's a product of the New 52, but all PlayStation copies come with that, so it can't be that. One of them's the default New 52 Bat Suit, of course. We've already got a small image of that, if I recall correctly. Another's most likely Zero Year.
I hope the other is Futures End. Would be a nice way to round it off. Beginning, middle, and end (future).

I haven't read much of the New 52 yet, especially not the latest, which suit do you mean?
This one?

Nope. That's the Bat Suit from Futures End's future, I believe. The Futures End Bat Suit is mostly black and looks awesome and I'm sorry but I can't be bothered to Google it right now :oldyella:

---

Added some details for Red Hood and Harley's story packs and a few other things (Flashpoint skin, GameStop merch).
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Damian Al Ghoul » Jun 6th, 2015, 3:08 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:
Laederlappen wrote:

This one?

Nope. That's the Bat Suit from Futures End's future, I believe. The Futures End Bat Suit is mostly black and looks awesome and I'm sorry but I can't be bothered to Google it right now :oldyella

With the announcement of the other three characters from city being in game, I've assumed that the other new 52 skins would be for two of them (my guess would be nightwing and catwoman, with an eventual separate Damian skin
Damian Al Ghoul

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 6th, 2015, 6:41 am

Damian Al Ghoul wrote:With the announcement of the other three characters from city being in game, I've assumed that the other new 52 skins would be for two of them (my guess would be nightwing and catwoman, with an eventual separate Damian skin

It wouldn't make sense nor be fair to leave Robin out. This simply won't be the case either since we won't be playing as these three during free roam, so why bother with skins when we'll only see them in a handful of missions? Then again, I suppose it would apply to any cut scene they show up in too. Still, I highly doubt this will be the case if not just for that first reason.

Ah. Hmm. We'll probably have them as their own playable characters in the maps, though.

---

Updated the thread with new information from the latest Arkham Insider: some new Combat moves and one new detail for the Batmobile, and another for the Open World section.
BuNKiTZ

Postby jifw52 » Jun 6th, 2015, 7:09 am

BuNKiTZ wrote:It wouldn't make sense nor be fair to leave Robin out. This simply won't be the case either since we won't be playing as these three during free roam, so why bother with skins when we'll only see them in a handful of missions? Then again, I suppose it would apply to any cut scene they show up in too. Still, I highly doubt this will be the case if not just for that first reason.

How do you know that? It's true that there are Season Pass/DLC missions for them, but that doesn't say that Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman aren't free-roam at all.
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 6th, 2015, 7:46 am

jifw52 wrote:
BuNKiTZ wrote:It wouldn't make sense nor be fair to leave Robin out. This simply won't be the case either since we won't be playing as these three during free roam, so why bother with skins when we'll only see them in a handful of missions? Then again, I suppose it would apply to any cut scene they show up in too. Still, I highly doubt this will be the case if not just for that first reason.

How do you know that? It's true that there are Season Pass/DLC missions for them, but that doesn't say that Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman aren't free-roam at all.

Sorry, I'm just making the assumption that since we can only use them in Dual Play for certain missions, that'll be it. I suppose it doesn't rule out actually having story missions where we play as them.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Jun 6th, 2015, 8:19 am

It literally says in the season pass they'll be getting there own stories. They'll be free-roam for at least a portion of gotham I would assume.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

They aren't saying that those characters are limited to that area they're saying that dual-play is limited to those areas. The characters could very well have free roam.
Last edited by Doudyx-X-xDubs on Jun 6th, 2015, 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 6th, 2015, 8:24 am

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:It literally says in the season pass they'll be getting there own stories. They'll be free-roam for at least a portion of gotham I would assume.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Yeah, I know that. I was referring to the main game's story.
BuNKiTZ

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Jun 6th, 2015, 10:26 am

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:It literally says in the season pass they'll be getting there own stories. They'll be free-roam for at least a portion of gotham I would assume.

Gotham City Stories

They aren't saying that those characters are limited to that area they're saying that dual-play is limited to those areas. The characters could very well have free roam.

This. This is what I think as well.
Prisoner 4011

Postby Damian Al Ghoul » Jun 6th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Prisoner 4011 wrote:

Gotham City Stories

This. This is what I think as well.

It could be like catwoman in arkham city, where you are only able to play as them at select times during the story, but are able to free roam after it is completed
Damian Al Ghoul

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby dk09w1ngz » Jun 16th, 2015, 3:48 am

Spoiler: show
We now know that the game opens on Joker being cremated and a cop getting gassed before the house comes crashing down.
dk09w1ngz

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Man Who Laughs

Postby BuNKiTZ » Jun 17th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Probably one of, if not the final update.

New information from E3 (live demo with Geoff Keighley from YouTube & the PlayStation live demo) includes: Gadget wheel, Most Wanted wheel, number of gadgets, a "new" gadget (replaces the Cryptographic Sequencer), number of Most Wanted missions, and the GCPD evidence lock-up room.

I think that's it...

Oh, and that the season pass will include the pre-order DLCs too. Ah, and some more controls.
BuNKiTZ

Postby TFDutchman » Jun 18th, 2015, 12:20 pm

I highly advise avoiding searching for any Arkham Knight videos on Youtube as playthrough videos have already started surfacing and I've seen the early moments of the game (not a big spoiler for myself as I did see the footage shown at E3).

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Hampuss123 » Jun 20th, 2015, 11:54 pm

Cool, I want this game more and more now...
Hampuss123
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby Blackpanther90 » Aug 5th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Thanks for compiling this list man!!
Blackpanther90
Tyger1
Tyger1