Warner Bros. Montreal Working On Current Gen Title

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Warner Bros. Montreal Working On Current Gen Title

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 29th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Arkham Origins Developers Hiring For Open World Project

As reported by IGN, it appears as though the developers behind the prequel to the Arkham saga are hard at work creating a new release for the current generation of consoles - most likely a sequel to 2013's divisive Arkham Origins.

On the studio's website, several job opportunities are posted which point to applicants having experience with the Unreal engine, a staple of the Arkham franchise since its 2009 début.

Most recently WBGM have had a hand in creating Arkham Knight's DLC content, and with Rocksteady announcing their departure from the Arkham series it looks as though they're going to be carrying the torch for the foreseeable future.

SOURCE: IGN
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Re: Warner Bros. Montreal Working On Current Gen Title

Postby Benji » Jun 29th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Awww bless them.

Thanks for posting, Harvey.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 29th, 2015, 7:55 pm

Benji wrote:Awww bless them.

Thanks for posting, Harvey.

I'm excited! Knight's gameplay with WBM's writing team is drool-worthy :adam:
Harvey Bullock

Postby FearGasVictim11 » Jun 29th, 2015, 8:12 pm

I'm so glad we will be getting more Batman-games. I guess after all the teasing in Origins and Origins-Blackgate it might be a Suicide Squad-game. Could also use the hype of the movie to draw some new fans in.
FearGasVictim11

Postby ??? » Jun 29th, 2015, 8:16 pm

This is gonna be awesome! I loved Arkham Origins and every game just keep getting better in my opinion. I wonder if they'll keep the drivable Batmobile, except obviously with the Asylum Batmobile.
Riddle me this, riddle me that...
???

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing Joke

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 29th, 2015, 8:17 pm

??? wrote:This is gonna be awesome! I loved Arkham Origins and every game just keep getting better in my opinion. I wonder if they'll keep the drivable Batmobile, except obviously with the Asylum Batmobile.

Awww yes! I wouldn't mind the cycle too to be honest! :adam:
Harvey Bullock

Postby Bleemak » Jun 29th, 2015, 8:43 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:
??? wrote:This is gonna be awesome! I loved Arkham Origins and every game just keep getting better in my opinion. I wonder if they'll keep the drivable Batmobile, except obviously with the Asylum Batmobile.

Awww yes! I wouldn't mind the cycle too to be honest! :adam:

This is very good news. I wonder is it Suicide Squad game or is it a AO sequel. I hope it's neither Robin's first appearance or Long Halloween. If it's Robin's first appearance, they can use Dual play more than in AK. And Robin to be playable in the city too with Batman.

I hope this time they make truly their own version of Arkham series combat, I don't want it to be reskin of AK, instead adding new variations of gameplay.

And keeping with those cool new boss fights.
Last edited by Bleemak on Jun 29th, 2015, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything about you tells the tale. Your attitude, your costume, your tactics...they all scream of outrage, despair, vengeance. What terrible wrong was done to set you on this path?
Bleemak

Favourite Villain: Bane, Joker, Owlman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby José_Long » Jun 29th, 2015, 8:46 pm

If it's origins 2 pretty sure that will all Two-Face whinning about the past in AK it will feature Harvey Dent transformation.
José_Long

Favourite Villain: Two Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: DKR

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jun 29th, 2015, 8:48 pm

This is really great news. The more lore and world building we get, the better. And like someone said, matching WBM's storytelling abilities with Rocksteady's gameplay mechanics, this game could and will be perfection.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby Detective Crusader » Jun 29th, 2015, 9:02 pm

I don't know why, but when I read current gen, I thought it ment 360/PS4.

I hope its just a sequel to Origins, Suicide squad seems to have been done to tie into Assault on Arkham.

And I kinda hope we don't get riddler. Arkham Knight really pushed me with him.
Dr. Jonathan Crane plans on elevating fear to new depths.
Detective Crusader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Death Of The Family

Postby E.Nigma Show » Jun 29th, 2015, 9:30 pm

Detective Crusader wrote:And I kinda hope we don't get riddler. Arkham Knight really pushed me with him.

Blasphemy! How dare you! Lol. The Riddler stuff in Knight is phemoninal man. Don't let him beat you!

Anyway-this is AWESOME news. I really like Origins. I expected and "City Expansion" with it, and that's what we got, along with a great story, strong characters and more great gameplay.

I think a lot of the hate for Origins would have been diminshed in Montreal had more time to work the bugs out. Surely they will receive more time this go around.

I really hope it's Origins 2 and not Suicide Squad. I really hate how DC is shoving the Squad down our throats in every form of media.

I still cannot forgive the DC Animated "Arkham" movie. Lol-total waste of the Arkhamverse...
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby FearGasVictim11 » Jun 29th, 2015, 9:36 pm

E.Nigma Show wrote:
Detective Crusader wrote:And I kinda hope we don't get riddler. Arkham Knight really pushed me with him.

Blasphemy! How dare you! Lol. The Riddler stuff in Knight is phemoninal man. Don't let him beat you!

Anyway-this is AWESOME news. I really like Origins. I expected and "City Expansion" with it, and that's what we got, along with a great story, strong characters and more great gameplay.

I think a lot of the hate for Origins would have been diminshed in Montreal had more time to work the bugs out. Surely they will receive more time this go around.

I really hope it's Origins 2 and not Suicide Squad. I really hate how DC is shoving the Squad down our throats in every form of media.

I still cannot forgive the DC Animated "Arkham" movie. Lol-total waste of the Arkhamverse...

You could also argue they are shoving Batman down our throats. I think it would be cool to get to play a whole story in Batman's universe without having him as the only real playable character. I think I'm in the minority though.
FearGasVictim11

Postby Baratheon » Jun 29th, 2015, 9:39 pm

You know, after finishing Arkham Knight, I'll take any Arkham game. I don't want the series to be over.
So much potential for them to explore. Batman: Beyond Arkham? Batman: Arkham Assault?
Baratheon

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: Gotham City Sirens

Postby M. Malone » Jun 29th, 2015, 11:26 pm

I am excited for this. I always appreciated WBGM's efforts on Origins. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty dang good.

I may be tarred and feathered for saying this, but honestly I feel that Arkham Knight has enhanced my appreciation for Origins. You can tell a lot of the ideas in AK were borrowed from Origins, or vice-versa. Either way, there was a lot of stuff done well in Origins. Plus I think a little bit of the shine has worn off of Rocksteady's reputation after so many things gone wrong in AK. With the almighty Batman gods shown to be mere mortals, maybe it'll help people to keep things in perspective and realize that WBGM can also turn out a decent Batman game.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby TheLaughingBat » Jun 30th, 2015, 12:43 am

Eh. While I am all for WBM making another Batman game, I hope that they move away from the Arkham franchise. After that ending for Arkham Knight I feel as if whatever they do, it will not matter in the end (for obvious reasons).

I would prefer that WBM start a new Batman universe and develop their own versions of our beloved characters. That way there would be no worry of having to stay consistent with the proceeding games: they would be granted free rein, allowing endless storytelling opportunities.

The Animated Series pioneered a style called “dark-deco” while The Batman pioneered a style called “why the POW is the sky green?” - Mark Pellegrini
TheLaughingBat

Favourite Villain: Joker, Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Next

Return to News