Warner Bros. Montreal Working On Current Gen Title

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: Warner Bros. Montreal Working On Current Gen Title

Postby Red leader » Jan 26th, 2016, 9:07 pm

DatBat wrote:
legion wrote:So with WB Montreal's semi-recent announcement that they're hiring more people, do you think that IF they are making an Origins sequel that they would be far enough along to announce it at E3 or some other gaming convention?

I think we'll see at least something from DC Comics at E3 or some expo this year. We've got BvS and Suicide Squad coming, so they'll likely want to capitalize on the new fame. I think we'll either see a futuristic game set in the Arkhamverse, a sequel to Origins, Injustice 2, or something set in the film universe.

I really doubt we will ever get a futuristic arkham game especially since I doubt rocksteady will be happy if web montrael explains why AK bruce is an ass hole in a new game. I really think playing fast and loose with continuity is better.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Mr Wayne » Jan 29th, 2016, 10:06 pm

When were Origins and Knight announced? Was it April?

Hope we get a Gameinformer thing going on again this year. I loved that.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby legion » Jan 29th, 2016, 10:49 pm

Mr Wayne wrote:When were Origins and Knight announced? Was it April?

Knight in March, Origins in April
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby DatBat » Jan 29th, 2016, 10:59 pm

legion wrote:

If they do it, I'm willing to bet they'll do it on April 25th. Not only have the numbers "425" been found hidden in the most recent AK DLC, that date is Batman's first appearance anniversary.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Red leader » Jan 29th, 2016, 11:01 pm

DatBat wrote:
legion wrote:

If they do it, I'm willing to bet they'll do it on April 25th. Not only have the numbers "425" been found hidden in the most recent AK DLC, that date is Batman's first appearance anniversary.

I love the choice to reveal it then.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Red leader

Postby Mr Wayne » Feb 16th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Red leader wrote:
DatBat wrote:
legion wrote:

That would be awesome. But looks a bit unlikely. Around this time in 2014 wasn't there already rumblings about a new Batman game from Rocksteady?

We havnt really had anything =[

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Red leader » Feb 17th, 2016, 3:29 am

Mr Wayne wrote:
Red leader wrote:
DatBat wrote:
legion wrote:

That would be awesome. But looks a bit unlikely. Around this time in 2014 wasn't there already rumblings about a new Batman game from Rocksteady?

We havnt really had anything =[

To be fair we had rumblings of a new rocksteady Batman game since before Origins got a name.
Red leader

Postby HaHaHa » Feb 18th, 2016, 9:55 am

I'm wondering if we' won't see another game for a while. I had hopes that WB Montreal had got straight onto another game of their own after Origins but now I'm wondering if they started helping Rocksteady on Knight. I think they had more involvement with Knight than they've let on.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby DatBat » Feb 18th, 2016, 10:03 am

HaHaHa wrote:I'm wondering if we' won't see another game for a while. I had hopes that WB Montreal had got straight onto another game of their own after Origins but now I'm wondering if they started helping Rocksteady on Knight. I think they had more involvement with Knight than they've let on.

It's possible.
I definitely don't expect a new Arkham game to be released this year. If one were to be announced, it would have to be late in the year.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Red leader » Feb 18th, 2016, 12:06 pm

DatBat wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:I'm wondering if we' won't see another game for a while. I had hopes that WB Montreal had got straight onto another game of their own after Origins but now I'm wondering if they started helping Rocksteady on Knight. I think they had more involvement with Knight than they've let on.

It's possible.
I definitely don't expect a new Arkham game to be released this year. If one were to be announced, it would have to be late in the year.

If its announced it would be around SS depending on whether or not the squad is in the game in some form.
Red leader

Postby HaHaHa » Feb 18th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Red leader wrote:
DatBat wrote:

It's possible.

If its announced it would be around SS depending on whether or not the squad is in the game in some form.

If we don't hear anything before the end of April then I'm pretty sure it's safe to say there'll be no new Arkham/Batman game this year. It is feasible that we could get a release this year as it'll have been 3 years since Origins, but who knows. WB Montreal might have had enough staff to work on both their own project and aid Rocksteady with Knight, or perhaps they've been working on Asylum/City remasters. It would be fitting for Asylum/City remasters to be hinted at in the remastered challenge maps. There's even the possibility of more DLC for Knight but from the end of the last Arkham Insider it seemed pretty definite that it's over.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby Mani-Man » Feb 18th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Its hard to say what is coming next.

WBM and Rocksteady work on something, that is the only thing clear.
Warner worked on the dlcs for knight, but they didnt start right from the beginning...so they worked on something for at least 1-2 years.

The job descriptions that floated around some time, indicate also that at least they plan something.

I wouldnt rule out a release of something this year.
DC fans gave their opinion on spoilers etc very loud...so i could see WBM/Rocksteady keeping it a secret very long and only annoucing something 4-5 months before release.

We will see.
Mani-Man

Postby Laederlappen » Feb 27th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Mani-Man wrote:I wouldnt rule out a release of something this year.

Knowing they're are greedy for cash like a desperate vampire sucking blood out of crocodiles, without a doubt they'll release something close to the release of the Suicide Squad movie.. Probably a game to go with that movie that'll have 40+ different pre-order versions and special editions around the world.. For example unique steelbooks with every goddamn SS character there is. :lol:
Laederlappen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Previous

Return to News