Warner Bros. Montreal Working On Current Gen Title

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: Warner Bros. Montreal Working On Current Gen Title

Postby Peel » Nov 2nd, 2015, 12:50 am

TheDarkHuntsman wrote:An Origins II game with the whole of Gotham to explore would be incredible..

No sense why they can't. After all, the makers of Arkham Origins just copied the Gotham City of Arkham City almost exactly as it was and just added another half to it - they'll just do the same again and copy all of the Gotham City of Arkham Knight and add a little bit to it and say 'We did ALL THIS BY OURSELVES' and expect people to eat it up.

What I would REALLY love is for another Arkham game that isn't a disappointment or a carbon copy of the last one.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby ADarkHunter » Nov 2nd, 2015, 1:03 am

Peel wrote:
TheDarkHuntsman wrote:An Origins II game with the whole of Gotham to explore would be incredible..

No sense why they can't. After all, the makers of Arkham Origins just copied the Gotham City of Arkham City almost exactly as it was and just added another half to it - they'll just do the same again and copy all of the Gotham City of Arkham Knight and add a little bit to it and say 'We did ALL THIS BY OURSELVES' and expect people to eat it up.

What I would REALLY love is for another Arkham game that isn't a disappointment or a carbon copy of the last one.

Well now that RS is done with the Arkham series, WB can do, pretty much, whatever they want with it. They can add in as many villains as they want without the fear of a continuity error for an upcoming game; they have a lot more freedom this time around, as well as experience making these games. So, hopefully, Origins 2 will not disappoint. As for not another carbon copy....well, I could see them keeping all of the gameplay mechanics (even the fear takedowns despite the fact that it wouldn't make sense *cough*grapnelboost*cough*), as well as the city. Hopefully we will get a bit more city though...maybe part of the mainland since, honestly, I wouldn't want them to just tack on Old Gotham again. And then they can put on the entrance to the Asylum as well and it can serve as the "GCPD" of Origins 2. :D
ADarkHunter

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn,RedHood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Night Cries/Joker

Postby Harvey Bullock » Nov 2nd, 2015, 9:00 am

Just give me a more linear level-design with truly inventive interiors and I'll sleep soundly. Give the Carpenter and Broker some more work please!
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby The man who laughs » Nov 2nd, 2015, 6:25 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:Just give me a more linear level-design with truly inventive interiors and I'll sleep soundly. Give the Carpenter and Broker some more work please!

I'm with you on that one. I would like the Falcones and Maroni's and the origin of the two face to be the main plot with a drivable asylum batmobile. I'd just like to explore the main land. I would like side quests featuring Harley Quinn (no joker, maybe a cameo), the tweeds, ratcatcher ad scarface
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby Mani-Man » Nov 2nd, 2015, 7:01 pm

Damn it, you guys had me excited for a minute here...i thought there were news to this.:(:)
Mani-Man

Postby Peel » Nov 2nd, 2015, 7:13 pm

TheDarkHuntsman wrote:
For Origins II, though, they need to come up with a whole new area of Gotham.
I don't want the play area of Arkham Knight back. In the Batgirl DLC, there are a lot of potential locations they could use for a play area.

North Gotham with direct access to Arkham Asylum is all I want to see return; everything else should be new.

I just strongly doubt they'll do that though. WB Montreal don't have the resources to make big sandbox games with innovative and long settings. If it was Rocksteady making it then yeah, I could even imagine Rocksteady giving us a whole new Gotham AND Bludhaven. But I just can't see Rocksteady doing that.

I'm not really one for prequels, but I would absolutely LOVE to see an Arkham adaption of the Long Halloween and Dark Victory, with Two Face of course as the main villain. It would just be sheer perfection.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Bleemak » Nov 2nd, 2015, 9:09 pm

Mani-Man wrote:Damn it, you guys had me excited for a minute here...i thought there were news to this.:(:)

Make that two.

But what I want to see in Origins 2, is Ra's as main villain and his first meeting with our loved bat-suited fellow. That way, we could have Bane too, with him breaking Bat's back during Heir to the Demon contest or something. And then Bruce donning a new suit to defeat Bane. And LoA attacking Wayne Manor, similar to Court of Owls. And maybe proper Shiva boss fight.

Put Mr. Grayson as Robin and more dual-play in as well and I will be happy.

Setting could be that first it's Dent's appearance and Grayson family murder. And that way it would take longer than one night, Dent's change to Two-Face and Dick's change to Robin.

So I want either of those, or both. I want Ra's storyline to be main and Dent's a big side mission. With those, Joker couldn't take the spotlight as main villain.

Sorry for grammar issues thou, writing this on phone and with english being my second language, this wasn't easy :adam:.
Bleemak

Favourite Villain: Bane, Joker, Owlman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby DatBat » Nov 2nd, 2015, 10:39 pm

Speculation and wants need another topic, this one is for news. It can get hopes up when you see an update to this NEWS thread.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby Laederlappen » Nov 3rd, 2015, 11:21 am

DatBat wrote:Speculation and wants need another topic, this one is for news. It can get hopes up when you see an update to this NEWS thread.

+1
Laederlappen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Red leader » Nov 4th, 2015, 4:20 pm

DatBat wrote:Speculation and wants need another topic, this one is for news. It can get hopes up when you see an update to this NEWS thread.

Fair point. this should be moved to general discussions or a new thread should be opened there for this.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Mr_Weasel_ » Nov 4th, 2015, 4:37 pm

What we want to see in another Arkham game can go in a general topic but in this case speculation on the game is fitting and pretty much the sole discussion. After all this is a topic on a mysterious project, so what is better to discuss than what the game could possibly be? ;)
Mr_Weasel_

Favourite Villain: Hush, ManBat, Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush

Postby Red leader » Nov 4th, 2015, 4:42 pm

TheDarkHuntsman wrote:
Peel wrote:

I was actually pleased with Origin's version of South Gotham.
There were enough changes to where it felt refreshing. It was familiar, but refreshing.

For Origins II, though, they need to come up with a whole new area of Gotham.
I don't want the play area of Arkham Knight back. In the Batgirl DLC, there are a lot of potential locations they could use for a play area.

North Gotham with direct access to Arkham Asylum is all I want to see return; everything else should be new.

North Gotham is AC right? I would be happy as long as we get that and asylum back. Mainland gotham would be great especially cause they dont need civilians if they focus on stuff like the factories and plants that we see across the bay from arkham in AA. I need to go to the gotham we can look at in asylum cause knight was nice but it did not feel the same. I want skyscrapers with that cool under detailed animated series feel like the ones in asylum and city look like.

As for story i just want a consistent main villain plot. Other then asylum each game is 90% tangents.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby M. Malone » Nov 5th, 2015, 12:25 am

I just want a new Batman game made by a developer with some ****ing integrity and actually own up to the crap they tried to shove down our throats. (But I'm just a PC gamer, mind you ;) )
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby legion » Jan 25th, 2016, 7:22 pm

So with WB Montreal's semi-recent announcement that they're hiring more people, do you think that IF they are making an Origins sequel that they would be far enough along to announce it at E3 or some other gaming convention?
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby DatBat » Jan 26th, 2016, 2:44 am

legion wrote:So with WB Montreal's semi-recent announcement that they're hiring more people, do you think that IF they are making an Origins sequel that they would be far enough along to announce it at E3 or some other gaming convention?

I think we'll see at least something from DC Comics at E3 or some expo this year. We've got BvS and Suicide Squad coming, so they'll likely want to capitalize on the new fame. I think we'll either see a futuristic game set in the Arkhamverse, a sequel to Origins, Injustice 2, or something set in the film universe.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

PreviousNext

Return to News