Batman: Arkham Underworld - Now Available

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Batman: Arkham Underworld - Now Available

Postby TFDutchman » Oct 15th, 2015, 1:46 am

Batman: Arkham Underworld was released on IOS today, with an Android release expected in December, and is now available to download for free from the App Store.

In Arkham Underworld you begin by breaking the Riddler out of prison. Begin the construction of your own gang, build your hideout, setup defenses against rival attacks, follow the campaign story as you attempt to become the reigning gang in Gotham and recruit villains like Two-Face and Harley Quinn to strengthen your gang.

Check out gameplay below:

HANDS ON OPINION:

So I'm already developing a mild addiction to Arkham Underworld as I do with most build simulation games. I'm a Clash of Clans addict. So overall I'm enjoying what I've played. Build up your hideout, arrange the layout as you see fit, position items and sentries to defend your base from other players, find and recruit other villains. Your control centre changes aesthetically depending on which villain you currently have selected as your main. The fastest way to earn resources of course is to raid campaign maps or other players. Gameplay is simple, but as the bases get more complex a bit more strategy is required in regards to what kind of units you think are best suited for the job. Villains have upgradeable special abilities which can certainly help.

Overall I think it's a fun game and will hope to see the developers add more as the months go on. Base expansions, new rooms, new villains, new units, etc. there's a lot they can do with it. The only suggestion I currently have for improving it would be simultaneous upgrading. At the moment you can recruit thugs, train a super villain and upgrade/build one room/item simultaneously, but this can become a little tedious and you might find yourself neglecting some of the smaller cash and rep earning items like sofas, vending machines and hackers in favour of focusing on room construction and upgrade. As a Batman fan the game would be an easy 5 stars for me if they fixed this little annoyance, but other than that it's a fun time waster on your phone or tablet.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Batman: Arkham Underworld - Now Available

Postby The man who laughs » Oct 15th, 2015, 4:48 pm

I can't find it on the app store
The Cal-man1 will return .......
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The man who laughs

Favourite Villain: Joker,riddler,twofac
Favourite Graphic Novel: Not TDKSA

Postby ArthurWynne » Oct 15th, 2015, 9:45 pm

watching the video made me wish Riddler was playable in AK. With a shotgun and cane attacks it wouldn't matter that he lacked fighting skills.
ArthurWynne

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby Batarama » Oct 15th, 2015, 9:52 pm

I can't find it on the App Store either. Also, the character models look like they are from Arkham City.
Batarama

Postby ADarkHunter » Oct 16th, 2015, 5:09 am

Batarama wrote:I can't find it on the App Store either. Also, the character models look like they are from Arkham City.

Harley looks weird. It's like Arkham Asylum costume and hair mixed with Arkham City weapon and face...
Remember the Arkham Asylum forums? Good times, right?
ADarkHunter

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn,RedHood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Night Cries/Joker

Postby TFDutchman » Oct 16th, 2015, 7:20 am

Batarama wrote:I can't find it on the App Store either. Also, the character models look like they are from Arkham City.

What country you in? I've read some people commenting that its not available in the US yet. I'm in Australia, whether or not anyone else can confirm if they've got it and what country they're in.

TFDutchman

Postby Batarama » Oct 16th, 2015, 12:31 pm

TFDutchman wrote:

What country you in? I've read some people commenting that its not available in the US yet. I'm in Australia, whether or not anyone else can confirm if they've got it and what country they're in.

Yeah, I'm in the US.
Batarama

Postby TFDutchman » Oct 16th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Batarama wrote:
TFDutchman wrote:

Yeah, I'm in the US.

Sadly no word on a release date yet for you guys. I'd expect no later than the Android release in December though. Though honestly not sure why it would be available in other countries and not yours.

TFDutchman

Postby E.Nigma Show » Oct 16th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Yep not on either of my iOS and Android devices here in the US.

No offense to everyone else, but why the heck is the US being screwed over with release dates? I'm looking at you MARVEL MOVIES. I mean, the crap was for the most part, all created in the US, and this country is waiting while the rest of the world-minus China-gets this stuff first.
? ? ? RiDdLe mE tHiS ? ? ?
E.Nigma Show

Favourite Villain: Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby harley16 » Nov 23rd, 2015, 4:37 pm

Yeah sadly it's still not out yet in the US and I can't wait to play it .
harley16

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: Mad Love

Return to News