Remaining Season Pass Content confirmed by Rocksteady

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: Remaining Season Pass Content confirmed by Rocksteady

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Nov 27th, 2015, 7:03 pm

Mr_Weasel_ wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:Catwoman's was awesome! Loved it! So good, and the LOOP Map.

I love the Loop but sometimes I find it frustrating when I drive on the ceiling and the controls invert. :P

Always drive it first-person. Third-person makes me barf! :oldyella:
Prisoner 4011

Postby ArthurWynne » Nov 29th, 2015, 12:03 pm

HaHaHa wrote:I enjoyed the two Arkham episodes this month but in hindsight as entertaining as they are, are they detrimental to the game as a whole?

Penguin and Riddler had some comical dialogue but have lost their ominous aura.

Penguin and Two-Face's escape bares no consequence or seriousness.

Questionable attitudes from the allies toward Batman and Alfred's death.

I was feeling this way too. I feel the Episodes were a bit too comical, and while they were entertaining they sort of take away from the more serious mood of the story (side missions included). But on the other hand I think the reason Penguin and Riddler have lost their ominous aura is because Batman is gone, not because they are no longer threatening. Realistically Nightwing and Catwoman should not have survived those Arkham Episodes but the episodes serve to show the strength of Batman's allies more than the strength of his villains. Sure, Penguin and Riddler lose their respective empires, but are both capable of escaping prison and rebuilding their resources easily as they are criminal veterans and well enough respected in the underworld. Hell, Two-Face's escape from prison was not even explained at all, so it just goes to show how easy it is. Those Batman villains only real risk would be running into the murderous Red Hood, like
Spoiler: show
Black Mask (and Killer Moth apparently) did.

I think it would be easy to see where things go from the Arkham episodes, despite how short and more comical they are. I don't feel it is as detrimental as they seem to the AK story because they open up new interesting possibilities.
Penguin is probably going to stay away from Bludhaven and do business in Gotham again but probably would not resist hiring someone like Deadshot to go after Nightwing once possible.
The Riddler is eventually going to go after Catwoman again and I could see other villains focusing their attention on her as well such as Two-Face and Calendar Man. As a result Catwoman may consider moving out of Gotham before one of them succeed.
Robin is either going to be more like Batman and it will cause problems in his relationship with Oracle who would dislike that - or Robin will retire to spend more time with Barbara.
Red Hood would probably target remaining Batman rogues not in prison who are dangerous gangster/mercenary/psycho types (like Maxie Zeus, Prometheus, Great White Shark) and would either get killed in the process, or bored of it after awhile. I could see someone like Zsasz trying to stalk Red Hood only for that to backfire badly.
Lucius Fox will continue hosting off the chain parties.
I think very few of the (non-goon) villains captured in AK will stay in jail - maybe a few like Deacon Blackfire, Chief Underhill, Firefly.
Deathstroke will probably continue hunting Batman despite his absence.
Harley Quinn's fate would be questionable. She could consider retiring from crime were she to escape prison, or get recruited into the Suicide Squad again, or continue Joker's legacy somehow.

I think it would have been nice to get a better idea of Scarecrow's fate and some reference to Alfred. The post-AK Arkham episodes don't mention Alfred at all. Batman was at least mentioned by his allies yet Alfred wasn't which I found very odd. Also, what did Lucius Fox do with Thomas Elliot?

I think the coolest story reveal in the Arkham episodes was that GIlda Dent was the Holiday Killer (from the Long Halloween story), as revealed in easter eggs in "Flip of A Coin". Also, the Nora easter egg was interesting, I'm sure we'll learn more about that next month.
There were some neat tidbits of info here and there too - Riddler's HQ being in Winslow's Toys which is a reference to the villain Toymaster - how Riddler made money hacking the stock market - Penguin being afraid of the dark - Tiny the Shark surviving Arkham City -

All in all, the Arkham episodes weren't a total disappointment nor a great success. We got barely any story out of them, a weak add-on to the Arkham Knight story where the good guys easily prevail (except that final fight in Catwomans Revenge) but we at least got some cool new combat and predator maps for the AR Challenges. Even the longest episode (Batgirl: A Matter of Family) failed to introduce any new major story element that we did not already know from the main game.

At least the Most Wanted Expansion Season of Infamy DLC will flesh out the main Arkham story better. It'll be nice to get some closure on the Ra's al Ghul/Talia storyline, and nice to get an explanation on Killer Croc's new appearance, learn the fate of Mr Freeze's Nora, and see how mad Hatter has become. It's too bad we were left hanging on Clayface's Arkham City storyline. If I were writing the Ra's al Ghul DLC I would have Clayface involved somehow, but I doubt Rocksteady will do something like that where Clayface is pretending to be Ra's/Talia for fun. Cool idea though.
ArthurWynne

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby legion » Dec 11th, 2015, 6:07 pm

RS just confirmed we'll be getting the December DLC in the 22nd, which includes the CH and AK skins.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby Laederlappen » Dec 12th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Sure hope they'll throw in something extra, unannounced, with that package because it has no wow factor what so ever... And that doesn't really sit well since it's Christmas time, and I expected so much from the DLCs that has been dropped up until now.
Laederlappen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Chob » Dec 22nd, 2015, 11:53 pm

Nice to be reunited with Arkham Batmobile. Not if we want it in the water, we can do it ourselves. :lol: Wish they threw in some Asylum themed tracks. Like a run down/post Tyger Arkham island.

"Low mileage." I love the descriptions. "Do you speed?" You will" is the best.
Chob

Postby ADarkHunter » Dec 24th, 2015, 4:59 am

The Noel skin came out...haven't seen anyone post about it. It looks really nice and the description reads "Merry Christmas". Cool present. :)
Remember the Arkham Asylum forums? Good times, right?
ADarkHunter

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn,RedHood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Night Cries/Joker

Postby legion » Dec 29th, 2015, 2:02 am

Has anyone asked Sefton via twitter about whether or not Batgirl or Azrael are getting extra skins? I don't have twitter, can't stand any of that kind of stuff myself, otherwise I'd ask him. Hell, I'd settle for an actual Batgirl character showcase at this point.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Postby DatBat » Dec 29th, 2015, 3:58 pm

legion wrote:Has anyone asked Sefton via twitter about whether or not Batgirl or Azrael are getting extra skins? I don't have twitter, can't stand any of that kind of stuff myself, otherwise I'd ask him. Hell, I'd settle for an actual Batgirl character showcase at this point.

If I could pick a skin for Az and Batgirl I'd do:
AzBats
60s Batgirl OR BTAS Batgirl

Actually, I wish they'd do BTAS skins for everybody. Even characters that weren't on the show, it would be pretty easy to translate them into the style.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Postby legion » Jan 11th, 2016, 8:29 pm

New DLC + Batman Inc skin are coming to #ArkhamKnight on 1/19 for PC & 1/26 for console
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Postby BrunoBKMazing » Jan 12th, 2016, 1:39 am

legion wrote:
New DLC + Batman Inc skin are coming to #ArkhamKnight on 1/19 for PC & 1/26 for console

Sweet! :)
I'm still hoping we get a Ultimate Complete Edition of this game later this year. Otherwise, I'm screwed...
"CRY HAVOK!!!"
BrunoBKMazing

Favourite Villain: Killer Croc
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby DatBat » Jan 12th, 2016, 3:01 am

legion wrote:

I was about to be mad about console having to wait a week after PC but then I remembered how long the game itself took for PC after console.
DatBat

Favourite Villain: Thanos

Previous

Return to News