WB Offering Refunds for PC Version of Arkham Knight

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

WB Offering Refunds for PC Version of Arkham Knight

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 2nd, 2015, 9:19 pm

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight suffered from performance problems on many lower-end spec PCs and thus earned the ire of many customers who bought it.

WB pulled the PC version from stores in June while Rocksteady Studios tried to fix the PC port that had been developed by IronGalaxy.

After problems persisted following the rerelease last week, WB have offered refunds for the PC version of the game and the Season Pass.

Below is the statement from WB as posted on the Steam website. You can click here to view the Steam refund policy and here to request a refund.

We are very sorry that many of our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

Have you been affected by poor PC performance? Was it fixed by the rerelease?

Source: Batman-News
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: WB Offering Refunds for PC Version of Arkham Knight

Postby M. Malone » Nov 5th, 2015, 12:17 am

No Red_Robin, it's not fixed. And point of fact is, your statement should be re-worded to "The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight suffered from performance problems on even high-end PCs and thus earned the ire of many customers who bought it."

This is such a shame. Just unbelievable really that Rocksteady and WB have figuratively crapped in the mouths of so many hard-core fans with the way they have handled this. I don't think of myself as a troll, and heck, I'm middle-aged and like to think of myself as somewhat mature, so I don't have time to rage all over the internet about anything, let alone a video game. But in my humble opinion, the amount of disgust and name-calling and, as you delicately put it, "ire," that fans have dished out towards Rocksteady and WB is justified this time around.

They hinted at needing to rebuild the game from scratch (for PC) when the **** first hit the fan, and yet 5 months later it is painfully obvious that they didn't. The game is still a buggy mess, even on high-end PCs, and it appears that in many respects they just said "Screw it, let's just re-release the POS anyway."

To top it all off, the compensation they offered for the months of waiting, the lies pre-release, not to mention getting screwed out of experiencing the story for ourselves (everything has been spoiled now), the season pass preorders that can never be fully compensated, the special editions that never shipped, the retail disc-version copies that cannot be refunded? Out of their sincere apologies and desire to make amends they give us what? WHAT EVERYONE ALREADY FRICKIN' HAS..... THE REST OF THE ARKHAM TRILOGY THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK FOR THE LAST DECADE, YOU CAN STILL BUY ON STEAM FOR 5 BUCKS A POP!!! GEE THANKS ROCKSTEADY, HOW NICE. REAL GENEROUS OF YOU.
M. Malone

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby TheJester » Nov 5th, 2015, 1:10 am

M. Malone wrote:No Red_Robin, it's not fixed. And point of fact is, your statement should be re-worded to "The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight suffered from performance problems on even high-end PCs and thus earned the ire of many customers who bought it."

This is such a shame. Just unbelievable really that Rocksteady and WB have figuratively crapped in the mouths of so many hard-core fans with the way they have handled this. I don't think of myself as a troll, and heck, I'm middle-aged and like to think of myself as somewhat mature, so I don't have time to rage all over the internet about anything, let alone a video game. But in my humble opinion, the amount of disgust and name-calling and, as you delicately put it, "ire," that fans have dished out towards Rocksteady and WB is justified this time around.

They hinted at needing to rebuild the game from scratch (for PC) when the **** first hit the fan, and yet 5 months later it is painfully obvious that they didn't. The game is still a buggy mess, even on high-end PCs, and it appears that in many respects they just said "Screw it, let's just re-release the POS anyway."

To top it all off, the compensation they offered for the months of waiting, the lies pre-release, not to mention getting screwed out of experiencing the story for ourselves (everything has been spoiled now), the season pass preorders that can never be fully compensated, the special editions that never shipped, the retail disc-version copies that cannot be refunded? Out of their sincere apologies and desire to make amends they give us what? WHAT EVERYONE ALREADY FRICKIN' HAS..... THE REST OF THE ARKHAM TRILOGY THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK FOR THE LAST DECADE, YOU CAN STILL BUY ON STEAM FOR 5 BUCKS A POP!!! GEE THANKS ROCKSTEADY, HOW NICE. REAL GENEROUS OF YOU.

I don't have a PC copy, but I sincerely feel your anger. The attitude at Rocksteady has been appalling.
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby RAID3N » Nov 17th, 2015, 1:03 am

I cannot believe the gravity of the situation.

"For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix." this just deprives me of hope that the game is ever going to be fixed. I wish I could refund my copy...

I hope this affects people who realise the kind of quote unquote respect the Arkham games' fans who bought AK for PC got and will think trice about buying another WB video game (I'm pretty sure I never will), especially since it's not the first time - MK X had pretty much the same deal and I'm pretty sure it's also still not properly fixed. And remember Arkham Origins? I sure do.

This kind of treatment is ridiculous and not acceptable in my opinion and I sincerely hope WB Games or whoever is responsible for what happened (or didn't happen) pays for this.
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby Red leader » Nov 17th, 2015, 2:29 am

M. Malone wrote:No Red_Robin, it's not fixed. And point of fact is, your statement should be re-worded to "The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight suffered from performance problems on even high-end PCs and thus earned the ire of many customers who bought it."

I feel so bad for you dude. Rocksteady really screwed up with this game.
"I'm afraid that when I walk through those asylum gates, when I walk into arkham and the doors close behind me, It'll be just like coming home"
Bruce Wayne, arkham asylum ASHOSE.
Red leader

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Arkham asylum ashose

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 21st, 2015, 2:11 pm

Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby ShabbaRanksMF » Nov 23rd, 2015, 3:32 pm

Red_Robin wrote:Dual GPU support being ditched: https://www.facebook.com/GameSpot/posts ... 4686300436

I think we can officially call the PC version a disgusting failure. To be honest I'm not a fan of the game anyway but I'm unsure how much of that was shaped by the shoddiness of the PC version.

Arkham Knight is, without a doubt, the most disappointing game I've ever played. I was sad it was going to be Rocksteady's last Batman game but now I hope Batman passes into better hands as they've obviously lost the plot.

PS: there's no point offering the entire back catalogue as compensation as most people who've bought AK probably already has them. Sorry.
ShabbaRanksMF
Tyger1
Tyger1

Postby M. Malone » Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:02 pm

ShabbaRanksMF wrote:
Red_Robin wrote:Dual GPU support being ditched: https://www.facebook.com/GameSpot/posts ... 4686300436

I think we can officially call the PC version a disgusting failure. To be honest I'm not a fan of the game anyway but I'm unsure how much of that was shaped by the shoddiness of the PC version....
PS: there's no point offering the entire back catalogue as compensation as most people who've bought AK probably already has them. Sorry.

I got to play the game on a friend's XBOne for a few hours, and I really liked what I got to experience. So I'm not going to say it was a bad game. (Then again, I haven't seen all of it). But the PC version HAS been a disgusting failure. And yes, offering the old Arkham games was an insult. I have no excitement to play this game, and even more so now that they have announced no dual-GPU support. As I've said before, I'll pick this up during a massive sale when it's available for about 5 bucks. That's the most they will be getting from me.

I appreciate you guys expressing sympathies for myself and all PC gamers in general though. I really does mean a lot just to hear people say 'Wow, that sucks, I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the game' and really mean it. Thanks guys. I really wish I could've experienced the game with all of you. :adam:
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Postby Bleemak » Nov 24th, 2015, 12:33 pm

M. Malone I know how you feel. Gladly my game starting pretty okay-ish after the newest patch, I got even 45 fps. And the Batmobile didn't drop fps to 10 as usual. Now it's just 30...

I think it was Rocksteady's idea to give their old games as compensation for broken PC game. I guess WB just didn't have balls enough to do same that Ubi did, make their story expansion free, and give a free game for those who purchased Season Pass. They just wanted to say sorry and leave it be, but RS wanted to do something.

I'm not trying to protect RS or anything, but it just seems that everything WB did is now their fault too.

And again, no news, besides that one of PC version's features isn't gonna happen. Sorry again.

Seriously, this is just getting ridiculous. And no news that will the owners of PC version get that DLC. Or news that when we will get that update. Just that they're trying to fix game as much as they can...
Everything about you tells the tale. Your attitude, your costume, your tactics...they all scream of outrage, despair, vengeance. What terrible wrong was done to set you on this path?
Bleemak

Favourite Villain: Bane, Joker, Owlman
Favourite Graphic Novel: Court of Owls

Postby M. Malone » Nov 25th, 2015, 12:22 am

Bleemak wrote:Seriously, this is just getting ridiculous. And no news that will the owners of PC version get that DLC. Or news that when we will get that update. Just that they're trying to fix game as much as they can...

Isn't this the kind of stuff that people were slamming WBGM and Origins for? Where are those people now? (Maybe they are giving Rocksteady the same grief, I dunno... haven't paid a lot of attention to it lately.)
M. Malone

Postby pukipuki » Nov 25th, 2015, 12:11 pm

M. Malone wrote:
Bleemak wrote:Seriously, this is just getting ridiculous. And no news that will the owners of PC version get that DLC. Or news that when we will get that update. Just that they're trying to fix game as much as they can...

Isn't this the kind of stuff that people were slamming WBGM and Origins for? Where are those people now? (Maybe they are giving Rocksteady the same grief, I dunno... haven't paid a lot of attention to it lately.)

Most of the banter against Rocksteady is happening in the official forums. As the problem is just for the pc version, all the console owners may sympathise us, but they aren't affected enough to rally behind us. In case of origins (even though its my favourite), the problems were present in both console and pc releases. That's why it generated much more hate than it deserved.

I WANT THE FUCKING SEASON PASS :'(
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Postby M. Malone » Nov 25th, 2015, 3:08 pm

pukipuki wrote:
M. Malone wrote:

Most of the banter against Rocksteady is happening in the official forums. As the problem is just for the pc version, all the console owners may sympathise us, but they aren't affected enough to rally behind us. In case of origins (even though its my favourite), the problems were present in both console and pc releases. That's why it generated much more hate than it deserved.

Ahhhh, gotcha. That makes sense. It's funny though, other than the game-breaking Riddler tower vent bug, which was quickly fixed, I had no problems running Origins and certainly not any hitches or bugs significant enough to diminish the experience. I'm kind of hoping that I get lucky and have the same fortunate outcome with AK - but again, It's not worth the risk of paying full price for. I'll wait.
M. Malone

Postby pukipuki » Dec 4th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Rejoice everyone! RS gave us all the previous games and the movie batmobile! YESSSSS! (sarcasm is hard)
"I'm Batman"- Batman
pukipuki

Favourite Villain: TWO-FACE
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long hallowing

Return to News