Batman: Return to Arkham

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: Batman: Return to Arkham

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 9th, 2016, 8:59 am

I have to admit, I don't really see the point in remastering games that are only a generation old. I think that, along with the graphics comparisons, has really hit the enthusiasm for this game - most people still have their PS3/Xbox360s and original copies of the games.

We'll see how it looks on release, I suppose, but yeah, the lack of press for this is a concern. Hopefully, it's because they recognised the lack of hype and don't want to damage an announcement of a new game from WB Montreal or someone similar.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby gary2692 » Oct 9th, 2016, 9:51 am

Nardz7 wrote:A friend of mine got the game early and has sent me a few screenshots.

Looking at the last picture from Arkham City, the character model for Batman actually looks great. It's just the Arkham Asylum model that's less than superior

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby HaHaHa » Oct 9th, 2016, 10:31 am

Red_Robin wrote:I have to admit, I don't really see the point in remastering games that are only a generation old. I think that, along with the graphics comparisons, has really hit the enthusiasm for this game - most people still have their PS3/Xbox360s and original copies of the games.

We'll see how it looks on release, I suppose, but yeah, the lack of press for this is a concern. Hopefully, it's because they recognised the lack of hype and don't want to damage an announcement of a new game from WB Montreal or someone similar.

And now people who haven't owned a console before or didn't play them on PS3 have the opportunity to play them now.

Apparently WB Montreal on their FB page said there'd be some surprises in store for 2016, but the comment was removed shortly after. Maybe the Suicide Squad game will be announced around the release of the movie digital & blu ray release? That's the only game I can see being anywhere near completion.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby Remote Claw » Oct 9th, 2016, 11:12 pm

The one for Arkham City actually looks good. I was worried about that one.
Remote Claw

Postby calebthebeest » Oct 10th, 2016, 2:42 am

Nardz7 wrote:A friend of mine got the game early and has sent me a few screenshots.

I hate to be "that guy" but is there anything else you can tell us? What's the interface like, is framerate stable, glitches, etc? thanks for sharing those screenshots
calebthebeest

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Nardz7 » Oct 10th, 2016, 5:42 am

calebthebeest wrote:
I hate to be "that guy" but is there anything else you can tell us? What's the interface like, is framerate stable, glitches, etc? thanks for sharing those screenshots

It's okay, he just told me it was damn good, but it has no gameplay changes.

Now I don't know about Asylum, but he told me he was certain that City was 60 FPS.
Nardz7

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Killing joke

Postby M. Malone » Oct 10th, 2016, 2:09 pm

I hate to be "that" guy, but I'm not all that impressed with those screenshots. I'm sure it would be different if I was looking at side-by-side comparisons.

As to the comment about whether or not it's reasonable to release these only one generation later... I think a lot of people traded in their older console when they purchased a new one. I'm not a console gamer, but if I was, I probably wouldn't have more than one system. This would be a must-buy for me.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 12th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Looks fine to me...
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby M. Malone » Oct 13th, 2016, 2:12 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:Looks fine to me...

I played Asylum and City on a high-end (at the time) PC, and not only had the graphic settings within the game maxed, but also had additional texture quality settings maxed out at the GPU level. For this reason, the textures don't look any different to me. There are added lighting and reflection effects, and that of course, makes the game look different, but the quality of the textures is nothing new to me... I guess that's why I'm unimpressed.

Of course, I'm a Arkham whore and so if they offered this remaster on the PC, I'd definitely buy it, even if they only promised like ONE extra graphics effect on the second-to-last level :oldyella:
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Laederlappen » Oct 13th, 2016, 4:51 pm

Sigh... Why is everything made today so unbelievably half-assed?

Man, I could've waited 5 more f*cking years for a remastered collection that would've/could've been a tremendous mind-feast for old fans with all sorts of added bonuses and stuff...
Laederlappen

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Oct 16th, 2016, 3:38 pm

It still looks horrible in my opinion. I love the Arkham series, every main game from Origins to Knight, and I was sure I'd get the remasters when they were first announced. But after all I've seen until now I definitely changed my mind. I even would've been willing to pay the full price again for the remasters if they were actual improvements on the originals. However judging by the things I've seen so far the remasters look like someone just puked all over my screen and didn't bother to clean it up but surely not like anything I'd pay a single penny for. Maybe in 10-15 years there might be another remaster which will actually be worth the money and then I guess I'd be willing to give it another chance.
ClownprinceOfCrime

Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Oct 16th, 2016, 10:38 pm

apparently there's a huge day one patch...people think its some type of new content. I say its glitch patches. I saw footage, the environments look good...the people, not so much.

Harley looks like a who from whoville
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby calebthebeest » Oct 17th, 2016, 9:06 pm

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:apparently there's a huge day one patch...people think its some type of new content. I say its glitch patches. I saw footage, the environments look good...the people, not so much.

Harley looks like a who from whoville

I cant help but laugh at the people thinking theyre adding new things. Come on guys they aren't going to add more content without advertising the crap out of it, and they wouldn't do that without Rocksteady.
calebthebeest

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow

Postby ShadowOfWayne » Oct 17th, 2016, 11:40 pm

Did a little comparison with the final build of the game.

Yeah... they ruined Batman in Arkham.

Arkham City looks great though.
Last edited by Red_Robin on Oct 18th, 2016, 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: You can use the RS button for overs-zed images. (Y) -RR
ShadowOfWayne
Tyger1
Tyger1

Postby JordanT4021 » Oct 18th, 2016, 6:15 pm

I'm watching a walkthrough on youtube and I'm so unimpressed with the first ten minutes. I don't see any difference, in fact I'd even go as far to say it looks worse. The characters look like they've been cut out and stuck on. A lot of reviews are saying the graphics are nothing to rave about too. What a disappointment.

EDIT: What did they do to Ivy's eyes? Jesus what were they thinking?
JordanT4021

Favourite Villain: Poison Ivy
Favourite Graphic Novel: Wonder Woman: Blood

PreviousNext

Return to News