WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby crush8503 » Jun 16th, 2017, 5:24 am

I'm disappointed but not all that surprised there wasn't a reveal. I would've been happy if we'd gotten an Origins Remastered announcement, but we didn't even get that. I'm sure something is in the works but it must be quite a ways off.
crush8503
........
........
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Dec 14th, 2013, 1:33 am
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 16th, 2017, 5:33 am

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:Holy shit. Are we really at the point where some people start to think that WB owns us anything or that we are even entitled to get a new game? Jesus... Calm the POW down.


Of course they kind of "owe us", in a sense. They build up a franchise around a character fans have loved for ages, we "help" pay for it and thus make it possible for them to continue make sequel products which we also pay for, even though it isn't always of the highest quality or is even near what we think we're getting...
I see it as a symbiotic relationship.

And for one side to not have good contact and understanding of the other part is to me very bad practice. Especially when it comes to something as big as Batman. It's more than just some random new 3rd person bullshit franchise that's not based on anything.

Don't "worry", I'm not one of those super-entitled millenials that think the whole world should fall beneath their precious feet and owe them the galaxy just for nothing... I just have this view that things should have better balance, a "harmony" in other words.
Two sides that makes one thing so great should nurture each other equally.
We've "known" that something is in the making, but we haven't the slighest clue what or if we're even getting it anymore... They should say something. I at least would like to know if I can stop hoping for what I long for.
User avatar
Laederlappen
.........
.........
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Man-Bat x » Jun 16th, 2017, 8:16 am

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:Holy shit. Are we really at the point where some people start to think that WB owns us anything or that we are even entitled to get a new game? Jesus... Calm the POW down.

Welcome to the Arkham forums lol
Man-Bat x
..
..
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 11th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Favourite Villain: Man Bat

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby ClownprinceOfCrime » Jun 16th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Man-Bat x wrote:
ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:Holy shit. Are we really at the point where some people start to think that WB owns us anything or that we are even entitled to get a new game? Jesus... Calm the POW down.

Welcome to the Arkham forums lol


To be fair, this sort of utter self-righteousness isn't a problem of the Arkham forums in particular, but rather a problem of fans in general nowadays. But that's probably not the right place to discuss something like this anyway.
ClownprinceOfCrime
..........
..........
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Apr 8th, 2012, 3:12 am
Location: Germany
Favourite Villain: Joker; TwoFace

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 16th, 2017, 2:39 pm

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:To be fair, this sort of utter self-righteousness isn't a problem of the Arkham forums in particular, but rather a problem of fans in general nowadays. But that's probably not the right place to discuss something like this anyway.


Seems like none of you really read what I wrote, or at least you must've misunderstood my meaning. But I guess that's what most people expect from others on the internet nowadays... But it isn't just black and white. Customers, and especially long-time fans, should be able to expect certain things from the people who's in charge of making the products they support, to a degree.
What's so "self-righteous" about having that opinion? It's just like when sport supporters expect certain achievements from their favourite hockey (or whatever) team? The difference is, it's easier to just change hockey team if you think the first one sucked... It's not like we can just have anyone else suddenly produce a great Batman game if the one we get doesn't meet our requirements or if we don't receive one at all and being kept in the dark about it.
User avatar
Laederlappen
.........
.........
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 16th, 2017, 3:03 pm

The uncertainty definately sucks :oldyella: I really just want to know if there is something going on behind the scenes or not.
Image

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
User avatar
MaxSchreck
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Dec 1st, 2010, 10:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 16th, 2017, 3:25 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:The uncertainty definately sucks :oldyella: I really just want to know if there is something going on behind the scenes or not.


Exactly. Should we stop dreaming and move on so it doesn't "hurt" as much when we much later find out we're never getting anything?
Is it really that naive and selfish of us to have such high hopes for an Arkham Origins 2, or some sort of spiritual successor, and get ANY information about it, when we know so many other fans and even casual Batman "fans" yearn for the same thing?
User avatar
Laederlappen
.........
.........
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby M. Malone » Jun 16th, 2017, 4:26 pm

I personally think there's a difference between "hoping" and "expecting."

If a game developer decides to stop making a particular type of game (in this case Batman), they don't owe it to fans to tell them they aren't making one. I've never seen a press release from a game developer saying "Hey guys, just so you know, we aren't making a game, okay?" - They don't owe us that. To use an example: When I go on vacation (essentially stop working) I tell my boss. I owe him that, and indeed depend on his permission to take off. I don't tell my customers that I'm taking off - I don't owe them that and don't need their permission to do so.

Now it's true that we have been expecting an announcement for a while, but at this point I'd say it would be more appropriate to hope for one at this point.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 16th, 2017, 6:47 pm

M. Malone wrote:I personally think there's a difference between "hoping" and "expecting."

If a game developer decides to stop making a particular type of game (in this case Batman), they don't owe it to fans to tell them they aren't making one. I've never seen a press release from a game developer saying "Hey guys, just so you know, we aren't making a game, okay?" - They don't owe us that. To use an example: When I go on vacation (essentially stop working) I tell my boss. I owe him that, and indeed depend on his permission to take off. I don't tell my customers that I'm taking off - I don't owe them that and don't need their permission to do so.

Now it's true that we have been expecting an announcement for a while, but at this point I'd say it would be more appropriate to hope for one at this point.


Even though I chuckled a little bit reading your parallel, I get what your saying and partly agree. But as I wrote earlier, this isn't just any franchise we're talking about, and as you say yourself, we haven't been expecting an announcement about a new game out of thin air just because we want it, it's because of all leaked info and whatnot. We know something's up.
Since we're so many that are diehard fans of this series that so willingly throw our hard earned money at these games (and not just games, the merch around it, not to mention everything else with Batman) they could and should show some good will to us as well. Appreciation shouldn't just be one sided.
User avatar
Laederlappen
.........
.........
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby M. Malone » Jun 16th, 2017, 7:50 pm

My question is this however: DO we really know something is up? Has there been enough evidence to convince us that there is definitely a Batman game in the works? Neither developer has claimed anything of the sort, at least to my knowledge. Their have been rumors on top of rumors, but I haven't believed a single one yet. The reason I have been expecting an announcement is because it makes business sense to keep milking the Arkham cow... Why wouldn't they make another one? It still doesn't mean they actually will, however.

At this point, I personally haven't seen or heard enough out of WBM or Rocksteady to be convinced that either are working on a Batman-related project. There was that video that came out of WBM a few months ago that looked like the animated series style Batman flashed on screen for a split-second, but beyond that? Nada.

My personal theory is this: WBM is/was working on a Batman game, but has had to seriously rework the design, and it's taking way longer than anticipated, or has been canned altogether. Rocksteady on the other hand is working on a Superman game, which, given the nature of such an attempt, is also taking a really long time. That's why we haven't heard anything from either developer. - This is just my personal theory that I pulled straight outta my butt, so take it with a grain of salt. :lol:
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
User avatar
M. Malone
..............
..............
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:58 pm
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 16th, 2017, 9:33 pm

M. Malone wrote:My question is this however: DO we really know something is up? Has there been enough evidence to convince us that there is definitely a Batman game in the works? Neither developer has claimed anything of the sort, at least to my knowledge. Their have been rumors on top of rumors, but I haven't believed a single one yet. The reason I have been expecting an announcement is because it makes business sense to keep milking the Arkham cow... Why wouldn't they make another one? It still doesn't mean they actually will, however.

At this point, I personally haven't seen or heard enough out of WBM or Rocksteady to be convinced that either are working on a Batman-related project. There was that video that came out of WBM a few months ago that looked like the animated series style Batman flashed on screen for a split-second, but beyond that? Nada.


When there's so much smoke, there's gotta be a fire somewhere. But I definitely believe that Rocksteady is out of the picture though. WB probably put WBGM on doing all sorts of things that haven't been followed through because WB probably realized, not too long ago, it wasn't gonna be what everyone want.
I just hope they didn't decide to completely scrap everything "Arkham" and reboot it like the guy from Kotaku said, it'd be nice further down the line, but I still think they could pull off a great Arkham-related Origins sequel before that. It'd be a shame if they're totally oblivious to the fact that so many seem to want "Arkham Origins 2". Wherever I've looked, whether it's facebook, other forums, youtube, etc. so many mention that they'd like to see a game that has for example Grayson as Robin, Two-Faces origins, maybe some Court of the Owls? I sure know I'd like that, especially if it was spread over more than one single night.
User avatar
Laederlappen
.........
.........
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Mani-Man » Jun 16th, 2017, 10:21 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:The uncertainty definately sucks :oldyella: I really just want to know if there is something going on behind the scenes or not.


Yeah, i think the main problem is the uncertainty that drives people into different corners and stuff.
Not knowing if something is coming or if we need to accept that this was it...that 4 games is all we got.

It gets to people and the longer it stretches out...the worse it gets.
Rocksteady and WBM know about this all, they would be blind otherwise...so i think them being so extremely quiet, is sending the wrong sign.

I could understand it if we would be talking about the Tomb raider fandom for example(a fandom that is extremely toxic as i have seen) but i cant remember the DC/Batman fandom ever being overly unfriendly etc towards them.
I know that technicly they dont owe us an answer or so...but we are civilsed people here damn it XD, throwing a bone wouldnt hurt.

What makes it even worse for some is all those little "hints" and stuff.
When they were looking to hire some people to work on licensed/Superhero games or how it was worded, when the WBM video showed a character that looked like batman and all the footage of the studio that hinted towards them working on something.

This is stuff that makes it all so uncertain...and that is worse than everything imo.
User avatar
Mani-Man
............
............
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sep 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 17th, 2017, 8:03 am

Mani-Man wrote:Yeah, i think the main problem is the uncertainty that drives people into different corners and stuff.
Not knowing if something is coming or if we need to accept that this was it...that 4 games is all we got.

It gets to people and the longer it stretches out...the worse it gets.
Rocksteady and WBM know about this all, they would be blind otherwise...so i think them being so extremely quiet, is sending the wrong sign.

I could understand it if we would be talking about the Tomb raider fandom for example(a fandom that is extremely toxic as i have seen) but i cant remember the DC/Batman fandom ever being overly unfriendly etc towards them.
I know that technicly they dont owe us an answer or so...but we are civilsed people here damn it XD, throwing a bone wouldnt hurt.

What makes it even worse for some is all those little "hints" and stuff.
When they were looking to hire some people to work on licensed/Superhero games or how it was worded, when the WBM video showed a character that looked like batman and all the footage of the studio that hinted towards them working on something.

This is stuff that makes it all so uncertain...and that is worse than everything imo.


This. And so much of it.
User avatar
Laederlappen
.........
.........
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 5th, 2014, 12:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Man-Bat x » Jun 17th, 2017, 11:05 pm

ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:
Man-Bat x wrote:
ClownprinceOfCrime wrote:Holy shit. Are we really at the point where some people start to think that WB owns us anything or that we are even entitled to get a new game? Jesus... Calm the POW down.

Welcome to the Arkham forums lol


To be fair, this sort of utter self-righteousness isn't a problem of the Arkham forums in particular, but rather a problem of fans in general nowadays. But that's probably not the right place to discuss something like this anyway.

Yeah this is the generation we live in now it is what is.
Man-Bat x
..
..
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Dec 11th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Favourite Villain: Man Bat

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jun 19th, 2017, 3:22 am

I think they should feel obligated to either make another game or just formally say that the series is over. We've kind of been waiting around for like two years now for some sort of announcement. If they're not gonna make another one, they should just say it lol. If they are making one, however, i would hope they do feel compelled to put it out while the fans are still fans.

I'm not saying I'm owed anything, I just think if I was in their position, I would feel kinda obligated to my fan base, which I'm sure they are. If only they could pick up the pace a bit!! Lol.
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
User avatar
BiGbAdBaTz
...........
...........
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:24 pm
Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

cron