WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

The latest news regarding Batman: Arkham Knight and its related merchandise can be found right here!
The internet's source for Batman: Arkham news.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 19th, 2017, 9:23 am

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:I think they should feel obligated to either make another game or just formally say that the series is over. We've kind of been waiting around for like two years now for some sort of announcement. If they're not gonna make another one, they should just say it lol. If they are making one, however, i would hope they do feel compelled to put it out while the fans are still fans.

I'm not saying I'm owed anything, I just think if I was in their position, I would feel kinda obligated to my fan base, which I'm sure they are. If only they could pick up the pace a bit!! Lol.

I guess obligated was the word I really was looking for earlier.

And to be honest, I know I'd still be a fan even after 5 years of nothingness. I have always loved the Batman character and his world and it will follow me to my grave, so as soon a new decent Bat game comes along it will blow my mind in some way.
And I will always have respect for Rocksteady studios who made these games possible. But the way Warner Bros. handles their business and connection to fans leaves alot to be desired... They sure don't seem to give a f*ck about obligation.
Laederlappen

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby M. Malone » Jun 19th, 2017, 5:32 pm

I realize I'm probably the minority here, but I personally think that an announcement that "there is no announcement" is rather silly. If they have something to share, then by all means they should share it. But they aren't obligated to tell us "there is no news."

The nightly news doesn't come on air and say "Just wanted to inform everyone that nothing happened on the south side today."

If they are making a game, I'm sure they will announce it at some point. In the meantime, if they aren't, then they won't. Simple as that. They aren't going to lose fans just because they wait a few years. Honestly, is ANYONE around here going to say "I'm gonna boycott this new Batman game because those morons waited too long to give me a game!" Heck no! If anything, the wait is going to build even greater anticipation. We've seen it before with other franchises.
10pm... I feel the rain coming down. My face feels wet, my mind the storm.
Flashing lights as people race to find shelter from the pour.
Moving silent, through the streets - They're Mine!.... They're mine...
M. Malone

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 19th, 2017, 8:21 pm

M. Malone wrote:I realize I'm probably the minority here, but I personally think that an announcement that "there is no announcement" is rather silly. If they have something to share, then by all means they should share it. But they aren't obligated to tell us "there is no news."

Yes that'd be very silly :lol: But it's kinda obvious they're doing something, right? If WB Montréal was shut down that would've been regular news on any gaming site. So if they gave us some clue what they're working with, let's say a Superman game, that would kinda be an announcement of there being no Batman news at least.
Laederlappen

Postby M. Malone » Jun 19th, 2017, 10:22 pm

^^^ True. I would love for there to be an announcement from either Rocksteady or WBGM. Personally, I'd really like to see Superman get the Rocksteady treatment. I've been wanting that since before Arkham Knight was announced. I think WBGM could make a fantastic Batman game, because I think Origins was already a very good one, if not great. Having another chance would only result in further improvement, in my opinion. Meanwhile, I would have more trust in Rocksteady to deliver a superior Superman game because they have already demonstrated they have the skill to create a fantastic superhero game from scratch.
M. Malone

Postby BiGbAdBaTz » Jun 20th, 2017, 4:33 am

Slcmof is claiming to have seen concept art of the Damian game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFj45c-y3zU
*woman sobbing on the floor*
Batman: QUIET!
BiGbAdBaTz

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 20th, 2017, 7:15 am

BiGbAdBaTz wrote:Slcmof is claiming to have seen concept art of the Damian game.

Is this even worth watching? :oldyella:

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby Laederlappen » Jun 20th, 2017, 7:29 am

M. Malone wrote:Personally, I'd really like to see Superman get the Rocksteady treatment. I've been wanting that since before Arkham Knight was announced. I think WBGM could make a fantastic Batman game, because I think Origins was already a very good one, if not great. .

Yes that'd be very exciting because if there's one studio that can brilliantly come up with a way to make use of Supermans powers and strength, it'd be them. And WBGM should absolutely carry the torch and flesh out Rocksteadys Batman formula with more cool bossfights and whatnot, just as long as they get equally economically backed and trusted as Rocksteady was by WB.
Laederlappen

Postby HaHaHa » Jun 20th, 2017, 8:03 am

MaxSchreck wrote:
BiGbAdBaTz wrote:Slcmof is claiming to have seen concept art of the Damian game.

He has a few things of interest, but some things he describes is concept art, and we all know how Arkham Knights concept art of the city resembled very little of the finished game. The images are old as well with the project being rebooted. It's nothing really.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 20th, 2017, 11:57 am

HaHaHa wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:

He has a few things of interest, but some things he describes is concept art, and we all know how Arkham Knights concept art of the city resembled very little of the finished game. The images are old as well with the project being rebooted. It's nothing really.

The Damian game got rebooted? Sorry, I think I am not up to date when it comes to new info/rumors.

MaxSchreck

Postby legion » Jun 20th, 2017, 12:46 pm

MaxSchreck wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:

The Damian game got rebooted? Sorry, I think I am not up to date when it comes to new info/rumors.

Yeah, according to Jason Schreier the Arkham game in development got rebooted.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 20th, 2017, 1:27 pm

legion wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
MaxSchreck wrote:

Yeah, according to Jason Schreier the Arkham game in development got rebooted.

Huh, I guess there are too many people unfamilar with Damian for that to really work...

The new Batman game that Warner Bros. has been working on apparently once had Damian as a protagonist, only for it to be rebooted in favor of returning to Bruce Wayne. According to Segmentnext, the information came from Jason Schreier, who couldn't give any real remarks about whether Damian was still in the game.

http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/30 ... vealed.htm

MaxSchreck

Postby legion » Jun 20th, 2017, 2:22 pm

Is it wrong i hope they rebooted the Damian game for something along the line of Insurgency? Though I wouldn't mind if they kept the map size and Nemesis System that was reported initially. Those are the only two element from the Damian game that had me even remotely excited at all. I just hope the next Arkham game, if it ever happens at this rate, has a MUCH better rogues gallery than the, I guess, now cancelled Damian game.
Sanity is Overrated
legion

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow/Black Mask

Postby M. Malone » Jun 20th, 2017, 3:09 pm

So Slcmof can only describe what he saw, and if he gets 1500 'likes' he will try harder to see stuff that he will then only be able to describe to us while showing footage from the old games? That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

I personally was never fond of the idea of a Damian Wayne based game. This is mostly due to the fact that I am an earlier generation fan than most on these forums (maybe? - I'm 37), and I stopped reading comics years ago. I don't know Damian as a character, nor do I care about him. That's not to say that I want to poop on everyone elses' wants, I'm just saying that WB probably realizes that in order to appeal to the largest fan base possible, they have to realize that for the majority of people, Batman has and always will be Bruce Wayne. It would make sound business sense to continue with a more mainstream approach.
M. Malone

Postby MaxSchreck » Jun 20th, 2017, 6:34 pm

I'm just saying that WB probably realizes that in order to appeal to the largest fan base possible, they have to realize that for the majority of people, Batman has and always will be Bruce Wayne. It would make sound business sense to continue with a more mainstream approach.

Yup, that´s pretty much what I thought. I just hope they are really working on something.

MaxSchreck

Postby HaHaHa » Jun 20th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Either way I hope it continues the League of Shadows Arkham story arc with a Batman & Damian Robin team up! What Slcmof described does sound a lot like Batman Vs Robin.
"don't you know I'm loco"
HaHaHa

PreviousNext

Return to News