Page 16 of 19

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2017, 1:31 am
by calebthebeest
M. Malone wrote:So Slcmof can only describe what he saw, and if he gets 1500 'likes' he will try harder to see stuff that he will then only be able to describe to us while showing footage from the old games? That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

I personally was never fond of the idea of a Damian Wayne based game. This is mostly due to the fact that I am an earlier generation fan than most on these forums (maybe? - I'm 37), and I stopped reading comics years ago. I don't know Damian as a character, nor do I care about him. That's not to say that I want to poop on everyone elses' wants, I'm just saying that WB probably realizes that in order to appeal to the largest fan base possible, they have to realize that for the majority of people, Batman has and always will be Bruce Wayne. It would make sound business sense to continue with a more mainstream approach.


I've never trusted anything that kid has said before as all his content relies on various 'leaks'. I generally dislike most arkham youtubers as most people on these forums know the games a lot better than they do (arkham videos being the exception, of course).

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2017, 1:25 pm
by M. Malone
^^^ Amen. ArkhamVideos is a BOSS

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jun 21st, 2017, 2:00 pm
by Mani-Man
M. Malone wrote:So Slcmof can only describe what he saw, and if he gets 1500 'likes' he will try harder to see stuff that he will then only be able to describe to us while showing footage from the old games? That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

I personally was never fond of the idea of a Damian Wayne based game. This is mostly due to the fact that I am an earlier generation fan than most on these forums (maybe? - I'm 37), and I stopped reading comics years ago. I don't know Damian as a character, nor do I care about him. That's not to say that I want to poop on everyone elses' wants, I'm just saying that WB probably realizes that in order to appeal to the largest fan base possible, they have to realize that for the majority of people, Batman has and always will be Bruce Wayne. It would make sound business sense to continue with a more mainstream approach.


I came across the Slcmof video by accident and thought right from the start that it was bogus.
Maybe he has seen them maybe not, but the fact that he tries to lure people into getting more likes and all that...is telling me enough.

I think it comes down to how they build up a game, but yeah...to me Batman is and always will be Bruce Wayne.
Thats why im fully against anything Batman Beyond, no matter how interesting the idea seems.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jun 22nd, 2017, 8:40 pm
by Man-Bat x
M. Malone wrote:So Slcmof can only describe what he saw, and if he gets 1500 'likes' he will try harder to see stuff that he will then only be able to describe to us while showing footage from the old games? That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

I personally was never fond of the idea of a Damian Wayne based game. This is mostly due to the fact that I am an earlier generation fan than most on these forums (maybe? - I'm 37), and I stopped reading comics years ago. I don't know Damian as a character, nor do I care about him. That's not to say that I want to poop on everyone elses' wants, I'm just saying that WB probably realizes that in order to appeal to the largest fan base possible, they have to realize that for the majority of people, Batman has and always will be Bruce Wayne. It would make sound business sense to continue with a more mainstream approach.

Agree I can't stand that dude he's one of those clickbaiting Youtubers I really dislike

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jun 24th, 2017, 8:05 pm
by calebthebeest
I don't see why they're the ones to represent our community. Many of them didn't even own the original games before Return to Arkham. As for the supposed leak I would hope they don't break continuity with the city, although I don't know how you would work around that.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jun 25th, 2017, 11:43 am
by HaHaHa
calebthebeest wrote:I don't see why they're the ones to represent our community. Many of them didn't even own the original games before Return to Arkham. As for the supposed leak I would hope they don't break continuity with the city, although I don't know how you would work around that.


I hope they do change the city because I'm not a fan of Gotham in Knight. They nailed the aesthetic, but the city is designed more like a theme park than a real city. The same goes for Old Gotham in Arkham City. My ideal Gotham would be a page out of Batman Year One and The Long Halloween.

-- Jul 8th, 2017, 4:29 pm --

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396831

Someone actually compiled all the evidence that is known about what Rocksteady and WB Montreal are working on, and it's not looking good for us expecting more traditional Arkham games. Only WB Montreal are confirmed to be working on a DC game, and it's not entirely clear what that might be.

My guess would be that maybe WB Montreal are re-purposing Suicide Squad which was intended to be mostly a linear single player experience as an online multiplayer game, and restarting Batman development. Absolutely no idea what Rocksteady could be working on.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jul 28th, 2017, 12:18 pm
by Abcdefg

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Jul 28th, 2017, 12:40 pm
by legion
Abcdefg wrote:https://www.reddit.com/user/IAmBatmanArkham

leak fake?

More than likely, but I'm hoping its real despite the evidence against it. I really want Insurgency to be real, I LOVE the rogues gallery in this hypothetical game.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Sep 29th, 2017, 1:21 pm
by Abcdefg

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Sep 29th, 2017, 2:06 pm
by Mani-Man
Yeah saw that before, at least they know that the fans patience grows weary.
I think that at the earliest we get something later next year, from either Rocksteady or WBM.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Sep 30th, 2017, 10:20 am
by shadow
Abcdefg wrote:https://twitter.com/GazDeaves/status/913418759129456640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.playstationlifestyle.net%2F2017%2F09%2F28%2Frocksteady-new-game-teased-promises-itll-blow-minds%2F

I hope it's a Superman game. They had all those Superman references in Arkham Knight. Maybe they'll announce it after Justice League?

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Oct 1st, 2017, 5:34 pm
by Bane
I highly doubt when they said their next project will blow our minds they meant a generic Supehero title like Superman or Justice Leauge, that's much too simple. That's like them saying a new Batman game will blow our minds, of course it would, it's a Batman video game. And we've already had multiple Superman and Justice League video games, so saying a new one would blow our minds is like saying they're going to reinvent the wheel.

I suspect whatever they're working on is far more unique and elaborate, maybe they're adapting a famous comic story? Maybe they're going to have a game focusing on all the different alternate realities of Batman? They certainly started doing that with the Arkham Knight DLC. A game that's just a standard superhero game is far too predictable to blow anyones mind. But, bringing famous comics stories to life all in one game, definitely would. And if not that, then what could possibly be more mind blowing? A full on remake of Arkham Asylum with a new story? A game about The Joker? It would have to be something as crazy as that if it's not a comic story compilation game. Or if not that, it would have to be a video game adaptation of one of the popular TV shows or movies like BTAS or the TDK trilogy.

It simply wouldn't be interesting enough to just adapt a random hero with the Arkham series formula, it's too predictable.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Oct 2nd, 2017, 10:49 pm
by M. Malone
^^^ I disagree. How long has it been since there was a decent Superman game? Never. Before Rocksteady came along, Batman still had more decent games than Superman ever had. And I don't count Injustice because it's nothing like a dedicated, story-driven game like the Arkham series.

If Rocksteady was able to make a good Superman game, it WOULD blow everyone's minds and it would be like reinventing the wheel, similar to how Arkham Asylum did.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Oct 2nd, 2017, 11:10 pm
by Batman9555
I don't know why everybody thinks that Rocksteday is making Superman game or even any game based on DC or comic book character. Rocksteady did an amazing job with Batman Arkham games and yeah they can make incredbile Batman game but that dosen't mean that they can make great Superman game. Sure they are very talented team but Batman and Superman are two completely diffrent characters with different abilities, setting, tone etc. And you can see that people at Rocksteday are huge fans of Batman and if they weren't games wouldn't be so good. I doubt that they can make game on same level as Arkham games with different comic book character if they're not huge fans. I would like to see new IP from Rocksteday. They are really great team and I have no dobut that their next game will indeed blow our minds away.

Re: WB Montreal,Rocksteady New game Rumor

PostPosted: Oct 3rd, 2017, 4:11 am
by shadow
M. Malone wrote:^^^ I disagree. How long has it been since there was a decent Superman game? Never. Before Rocksteady came along, Batman still had more decent games than Superman ever had. And I don't count Injustice because it's nothing like a dedicated, story-driven game like the Arkham series.

If Rocksteady was able to make a good Superman game, it WOULD blow everyone's minds and it would be like reinventing the wheel, similar to how Arkham Asylum did.

Agree. I think it's the type of challenge Rocksteady would take on. They had numerous Easter eggs to the Superman universe in Arkham Knight. I'd be really excited about a Superman game.