Suggestions

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Re: Suggestions

Postby Andy » Oct 6th, 2015, 9:46 pm

Dick wrote:can we bring back profile comments they were da bomb

Remember our profile comments when the Deadpool game was announced
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Dick » Oct 7th, 2015, 7:44 am

Andy wrote:
Dick wrote:can we bring back profile comments they were da bomb

Remember our profile comments when the Deadpool game was announced

I do my friend, I do
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Harvey Bullock » Oct 31st, 2015, 6:26 pm

My main suggestion would be to stop penalising every member because of one person's actions. It's unfair and completely unjustified - especially when there hasn't been a mod presence on the site for literally two months.

At least open these things to discussion from the community first instead of just taking away people's ability to individualise their own profiles. I'd expect to see the same sort of punishment carried out for misbehaving nursery-goers but not here.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Benji » Oct 31st, 2015, 6:39 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:My main suggestion would be to stop penalising every member because of one person's actions.

I second this statement. :alfred:
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Andy » Oct 31st, 2015, 6:43 pm

My suggestion is to make Ben a moderator since the mods here might as well be nonexistant
Andy

Postby DatBat » Oct 31st, 2015, 6:43 pm

Benji wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:My main suggestion would be to stop penalising every member because of one person's actions.

I third this statement. :alfred:

Andy wrote:My suggestion is to make Ben a moderator since the mods here might as well be nonexistant

DatBat

Favourite Villain: Manbat

Postby Peel » Oct 31st, 2015, 8:47 pm

Who do you mean by this? Its a bit much to blame everything on one person given we don't know what's caused the decision to be made.

Harvey Bullock wrote: It's unfair and completely unjustified - especially when there hasn't been a mod presence on the site for literally two months.

At least open these things to discussion from the community first instead of just taking away people's ability to individualise their own profiles. I'd expect to see the same sort of punishment carried out for misbehaving nursery-goers but not here.

We also don't know whether its a punishment or not. We still have our sigs on our profiles, we just can't see them for now. All we can do is just let things relax and keep on getting along and let the moderators do as they see fit. They are the moderators for a reason - they get to make these sort of decisions and think of the good of the forum as a whole - if this is what they think is best then that's good enough for me. It sucks but its not really a big thing, at least for me. We still have our sigs and they weren't really a big part of this site anyway. A forum is about conversing with people, not about advertising yourself.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Andy » Oct 31st, 2015, 8:53 pm

Lmao no they dont think of the good forum as a whole. That would involve any of them actually spending any amount of time here.
Andy

Postby Harvey Bullock » Oct 31st, 2015, 9:05 pm

Peel wrote:A forum is about conversing with people, not about advertising yourself.

Get outta here with that sass
Harvey Bullock

Postby Andy » Oct 31st, 2015, 9:16 pm

Peel wrote:A forum is about conversing with people, not about advertising yourself.

Ah yes he should stop advertising his articles and join in on the sparkling conversation such as HOW DO I BREAK UP THIS GIRL AND HER BOYFRIEND, and RELATIONSHIPS AND OTHER THINGS ILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. And lets not forgot FORUM MEMBERS ID LIKE A THREESOME WITH
Andy

Postby Benji » Oct 31st, 2015, 9:38 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:

Get outta here with that sass

Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Dick » Oct 31st, 2015, 10:28 pm

IF YOURE KICKING UP A FUSS ABOUT ADVERTISING THEN WHY ARE WE ALLOWED TO PUT OUR WEBSITES ON OUR PROFILES OOOOH EVERYONE LOOK IM ADVERTISING MY TUMBLR BAN ME RIGHT NOW
Dick

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Andy » Oct 31st, 2015, 10:35 pm

Dick wrote:IF YOURE KICKING UP A FUSS ABOUT ADVERTISING THEN WHY ARE WE ALLOWED TO PUT OUR WEBSITES ON OUR PROFILES OOOOH EVERYONE LOOK IM ADVERTISING MY TUMBLR BAN ME RIGHT NOW

Ur fuckin banned
Andy

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:29 am

Andy wrote:

Ah yes he should stop advertising his articles and join in on the sparkling conversation such as HOW DO I BREAK UP THIS GIRL AND HER BOYFRIEND, and RELATIONSHIPS AND OTHER THINGS ILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. And lets not forgot FORUM MEMBERS ID LIKE A THREESOME WITH

Folks, you're taking what Peel said out of context and blowing it way out of proportion.

Andy, this is uncalled for and rude. The truth of the matter is that you don't flaunt somebody's 'mistakes' by your standards in their face, especially in a forum WITH a signature.

All of these are opinions, aren't we entitled to that here?

The other thing is that we need more competent mods. I don't want to shade R_R but they only show up when there's something new to update the website.

EDIT: Another thing, it's just a forum, end of the day, we pack our posts and post somewhere else.
Last edited by Prisoner 4011 on Nov 1st, 2015, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prisoner 4011

Postby Harvey Bullock » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:45 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Andy wrote:

Andy, this is uncalled for and rude. The truth of the matter is that you don't flaunt somebody's 'mistakes' in their face, especially in a forum with a signature. And by that I mean opinions, aren't we entitled to that here?

The other thing is that we need more competent mods. I don't want to shade R_R but they only show up when there's something new to update the website.

Not to interject more fuel to the fire, but it's far from uncalled for. The vitriol that's been spewed towards me and other members of this site by the member in question has been horrid and these 'mistakes' are so frequent they can barely be classed as such - they're toxic personality aspects that make this forum an unpleasant environment to be in.

Of course opinions are welcomed in all their varied entirety, but when they're rancorous then users should expect to be challenged.

But yes, the lack of moderation on this place has been really bad. I know mods have a really hard time and busy lives outside of the site as well, but a quick visit every now and then wouldn't hurt.
Harvey Bullock

PreviousNext

Return to Site Info