Suggestions

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Re: Suggestions

Postby Andy » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:47 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Andy wrote:
Peel wrote:A forum is about conversing with people, not about advertising yourself.


Ah yes he should stop advertising his articles and join in on the sparkling conversation such as HOW DO I BREAK UP THIS GIRL AND HER BOYFRIEND, and RELATIONSHIPS AND OTHER THINGS ILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. And lets not forgot FORUM MEMBERS ID LIKE A THREESOME WITH


Andy, this is uncalled for and rude. The truth of the matter is that you don't flaunt somebody's 'mistakes' in their face, especially in a forum with a signature. And by that I mean opinions, aren't we entitled to that here?


They arent "mistakes". Theyre a consistantly disgusting attitude and behaviour over the last few years that members are sick of. Saying he'd like a threesome with female members of the forum was not an accident, and made people extremely uncomfortable.
User avatar
Andy
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Mar 16th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Suggestions

Postby Peel » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:51 am

Let's just all calm things down for one moment; as Prisoner said, this is just a forum, can we just keep things calm and remember that please? :alfred:


Harvey Bullock wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Andy wrote:
Peel wrote:A forum is about conversing with people, not about advertising yourself.


Ah yes he should stop advertising his articles and join in on the sparkling conversation such as HOW DO I BREAK UP THIS GIRL AND HER BOYFRIEND, and RELATIONSHIPS AND OTHER THINGS ILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. And lets not forgot FORUM MEMBERS ID LIKE A THREESOME WITH


Andy, this is uncalled for and rude. The truth of the matter is that you don't flaunt somebody's 'mistakes' in their face, especially in a forum with a signature. And by that I mean opinions, aren't we entitled to that here?

The other thing is that we need more competent mods. I don't want to shade R_R but they only show up when there's something new to update the website.

Not to interject more fuel to the fire, but it's far from uncalled for. The vitriol that's been spewed towards me and other members of this site by the member in question has been horrid and these 'mistakes' are so frequent they can barely be classed as such - they're toxic personality aspects that make this forum an unpleasant environment to be in.

Of course opinions are welcomed in all their varied entirety, but when they're rancorous then users should expect to be challenged.

But yes, the lack of moderation on this place has been really bad. I know mods have a really hard time and busy lives outside of the site as well, but a quick visit every now and then wouldn't hurt.


I'm not going to get into an argument with you regarding my 'toxic personality' (If you have any problems with me, as I've said we can talk in PMs), but Prisoner's point was on the matter of signatures, not on whether or not the opinions of those who are 'toxic' deserve to be challenged so don't nitpick on them for that. If you are referring to the signatures and by 'challenged', you mean, engage in a mockery of said user without them knowing, then that's just uncalled for.

Can we all just please avoid all this bickering and arguments as that is what makes the mods decide on decisions such as taking away our signatures? We need to set better examples and bring things back to how they were.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Suggestions

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:52 am

Ewan, this is NOW clearly a witch-hunt and it's disgusting. I have a lot of respect for the members of this forum but don't single out aspects of one person and ostracize them.

Back on topic, here's a suggestion, how about an IGNORE/BLOCK MEMBER feature, that will change the scenery and the situation.

@Andy

I made the threesome joke, I said if Peel is game then I'm up for a threesome. It was a joke, learn to take a joke.
User avatar
Prisoner 4011
...........
...........
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Oct 27th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby DatBat » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:53 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:Back on topic, here's a suggestion, how about an IGNORE/BLOCK MEMBER feature, that will change the scenery and the situation.

That won't happen. People have asked in the past. Although I doubt any sort of suggestion made will actually even be given second thought, if staff read it at all.
User avatar
DatBat
...........
...........
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Mar 4th, 2014, 7:14 pm
Favourite Villain: Thanos

Re: Suggestions

Postby Peel » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:54 am

DatBat wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:Back on topic, here's a suggestion, how about an IGNORE/BLOCK MEMBER feature, that will change the scenery and the situation.

That won't happen. People have asked in the past. Although I doubt any sort of suggestion made will actually even be given second thought, if staff read it at all.


Its a difficult decision to make. On one side its good to ensure no more arguments happen, but on the other side it isolates certain users and can be misused to play jokes on others. Hopefully it should only be considered as a last resort if things escalate too much than they already have done.
User avatar
Peel
............
............
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 9:19 pm
Location: Sun'Land
Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Re: Suggestions

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Nov 1st, 2015, 12:59 am

Disagreements happen, if you want some sort of harmony, just ignore that member. It can't be Kumbaya all the time but at the same time, a forum needs to have such features, and once again, more active, competent mods.
User avatar
Prisoner 4011
...........
...........
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Oct 27th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Harvey Bullock » Nov 1st, 2015, 1:07 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:Ewan, this is NOW clearly a witch-hunt and it's disgusting. I have a lot of respect for the members of this forum but don't single out aspects of one person and ostracize them.

Back on topic, here's a suggestion, how about an IGNORE/BLOCK MEMBER feature, that will change the scenery and the situation.

@Andy

I made the threesome joke, I said if Peel is game then I'm up for a threesome. It was a joke, learn to take a joke.

I'm being civil, but do you honestly think this is some sort of unjustified witch hunt that's emanated out of thin air? You'd be saying the exact same thing regarding this user's conduct if you were aware of some of the comments they've been making about myself and others - they're absolutely revolting.

Right, but that threesome joke also involved two other members who were made extremely uncomfortable regarding the discussion. Just because it was a joke to you doesn't mean that it wasn't offensive to others. Sorry.
Peel wrote:Let's just all calm things down for one moment; as Prisoner said, this is just a forum, can we just keep things calm and remember that please? :alfred:


Harvey Bullock wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:
Andy wrote:
Peel wrote:A forum is about conversing with people, not about advertising yourself.


Ah yes he should stop advertising his articles and join in on the sparkling conversation such as HOW DO I BREAK UP THIS GIRL AND HER BOYFRIEND, and RELATIONSHIPS AND OTHER THINGS ILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. And lets not forgot FORUM MEMBERS ID LIKE A THREESOME WITH


Andy, this is uncalled for and rude. The truth of the matter is that you don't flaunt somebody's 'mistakes' in their face, especially in a forum with a signature. And by that I mean opinions, aren't we entitled to that here?

The other thing is that we need more competent mods. I don't want to shade R_R but they only show up when there's something new to update the website.

Not to interject more fuel to the fire, but it's far from uncalled for. The vitriol that's been spewed towards me and other members of this site by the member in question has been horrid and these 'mistakes' are so frequent they can barely be classed as such - they're toxic personality aspects that make this forum an unpleasant environment to be in.

Of course opinions are welcomed in all their varied entirety, but when they're rancorous then users should expect to be challenged.

But yes, the lack of moderation on this place has been really bad. I know mods have a really hard time and busy lives outside of the site as well, but a quick visit every now and then wouldn't hurt.


I'm not going to get into an argument with you regarding my 'toxic personality' (If you have any problems with me, as I've said we can talk in PMs), but Prisoner's point was on the matter of signatures, not on whether or not the opinions of those who are 'toxic' deserve to be challenged so don't nitpick on them for that. If you are referring to the signatures and by 'challenged', you mean, engage in a mockery of said user without them knowing, then that's just uncalled for.

Can we all just please avoid all this bickering and arguments as that is what makes the mods decide on decisions such as taking away our signatures? We need to set better examples and bring things back to how they were.

Hypocrite.
User avatar
Harvey Bullock
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5030
Joined: Aug 13th, 2011, 9:03 am
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Re: Suggestions

Postby Andy » Nov 1st, 2015, 1:11 am

Prisoner 4011 wrote:@Andy

I made the threesome joke, I said if Peel is game then I'm up for a threesome. It was a joke, learn to take a joke.


Then both of you are at fault for making people uncomfortable. Congrats, I guess? People clearly didn't find it funny and it made people uncomfortable. It has nothing to do with "Learn how to take a joke, bro."

And, like Ive been trying to say, that is just one comment out of many over the last few years. And thats not even counting the PMs sent to people about other people. Acting like a petulant child and declaring "war" on the forum, trying to get people banned, and other very, very, recent stuff that I wont talk about because it involves 2 active forum members and its not my right to talk about openly.

@Peel You yourself had some stupid "War is coming" or some bullshit signature when you acted like a child the other day. You just didn't like the fact that I changed my signature to "War is cancelled due to rain." Please do not act like the removal of signatures had nothing to do with you.
User avatar
Andy
...............
...............
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Mar 16th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Favourite Villain: SOCIETY
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Suggestions

Postby Prisoner 4011 » Nov 1st, 2015, 1:15 am

The only end in sight is all of us getting banned if we continue this, but that might happen in a month or two since no mod is around.

We are going back and forth with this, so I'm just gonna stand my ground and say screw this, it's not worth it. I have made my opinions pretty clear and that's my prerogative.

So have you and let's leave it at that.
User avatar
Prisoner 4011
...........
...........
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Oct 27th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Dick » Nov 1st, 2015, 1:51 am

:roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
Dick
.............
.............
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mar 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm
Location: England
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Re: Suggestions

Postby Damian_Wayne » Nov 1st, 2015, 1:59 am

I suggest we all be friends and stop arGUING and stop beING WEIRD BC ITS GETTING WEIRD AND SPOOPY SO
User avatar
Damian_Wayne
...........
...........
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Mar 29th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Re: Suggestions

Postby Joe Chill » Nov 1st, 2015, 1:59 am

This thread isn't a spot for bickering. If you don't get along with someone, ignore them. If they insist, report it. Warnings will be handed out and followed up on closely going forward, including temporary and permanent bans.

You've all been given this freebie, but further forum flaming/name calling/ousting other members will be dealt with as outlined above. Let's change the subject or risk further action.
User avatar
Joe Chill
Global Mod
Global Mod
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sep 2nd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Location: USA
Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Re: Suggestions

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 1st, 2015, 2:08 pm

DatBat wrote:
Prisoner 4011 wrote:Back on topic, here's a suggestion, how about an IGNORE/BLOCK MEMBER feature, that will change the scenery and the situation.

That won't happen. People have asked in the past. Although I doubt any sort of suggestion made will actually even be given second thought, if staff read it at all.


Read and considered.

As we've said before, if there is a problem, then please report it. It lets us know that there is a problem - that's why the report feature is there.

:alfred:
User avatar
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Aug 11th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Suggestions

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 13th, 2015, 6:02 pm

Sigs are back. :alfred:
Image
User avatar
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6109
Joined: Aug 11th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: UK
Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Suggestions

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Nov 14th, 2015, 8:42 am

Red_Robin wrote:Sigs are back. :alfred:

Image
Image

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
User avatar
Doudyx-X-xDubs
............
............
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Oct 15th, 2011, 4:05 am
Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

PreviousNext

Return to Site Info

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron