Forum problems

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Forum running slow? Post here.

Postby Luke » Aug 11th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Just so I can make sure everyone is having a smooth and speedy time using the forum im putting this post up so if you do ever feel as if arkhamcity.co.uk is acting funny or going slow you can post it here. I can then message my host asking whats going on.
Luke.
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: Forum running slow? Post here.

Postby FinalHero » Aug 11th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Well now that you mention it I have notice sometimes it will bring me to a blank page and I will have to refresh. And also sometimes when I try to summit a post it will take me more then one try to do so. But those are just really small things, but I know you want to know them to get them fixed.
FinalHero

Postby Luke » Aug 11th, 2010, 8:35 pm

FinalHero wrote:Well now that you mention it I have notice sometimes it will bring me to a blank page and I will have to refresh. And also sometimes when I try to summit a post it will take me more then one try to do so. But those are just really small things, but I know you want to know them to get them fixed.

What happens when you get forwarded to a blank page? Is it when your first entering the site or just randomly going through the forum?

Yeah that has happened to me before, but i believe its when you click reply only for someone to reply to the topic while you are writing yours. After submitting your post it will bring you back to the exact same page but telling you that someone has posted while you were writing and asking if you want to make any changes.
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Postby pm5k_80222 » Aug 11th, 2010, 9:03 pm

I havent noticed it goinng to a blank page but there are times it runs real slow going through the topics tho sometimes
pm5k_80222

Favourite Villain: Joker & Two Face

Postby CROD » Aug 11th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Its been working very well for me which is pretty good considering the site was down yesterday.
CROD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby FinalHero » Aug 11th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Luke wrote:
FinalHero wrote:Well now that you mention it I have notice sometimes it will bring me to a blank page and I will have to refresh. And also sometimes when I try to summit a post it will take me more then one try to do so. But those are just really small things, but I know you want to know them to get them fixed.

What happens when you get forwarded to a blank page? Is it when your first entering the site or just randomly going through the forum?

Yeah that has happened to me before, but i believe its when you click reply only for someone to reply to the topic while you are writing yours. After submitting your post it will bring you back to the exact same page but telling you that someone has posted while you were writing and asking if you want to make any changes.

When I get a blank page I just refresh and it's gone, and well I was typing this I was getting some slow down. But like I said before nothing that big to worry about.
FinalHero

Postby pm5k_80222 » Aug 11th, 2010, 10:36 pm

yah its nothing that horrible i can deal with it
pm5k_80222

Favourite Villain: Joker & Two Face

Postby Ras Al Ghul » Aug 12th, 2010, 3:20 am

Forum is running smooth no need to worry but I will post here if anything comes up.
Ras Al Ghul

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween, Prey

Postby Scarecrow » Aug 12th, 2010, 1:02 pm

It sometimes takes a while for pages to load, which occurs like one time out of ten.
But other than that, everything's running just fine.

There is Nothing to Fear, but Fear itself !
Scarecrow

Postby The Dark Night » Aug 13th, 2010, 5:20 pm

LUKE the site is awesome
its running fine but sometimes i only see the upper half of the site
and then i have to refresh it

rest is awesome
The Dark Night

Postby Luke » Aug 13th, 2010, 5:24 pm

The Dark Night wrote:LUKE the site is awesome
its running fine but sometimes i only see the upper half of the site
and then i have to refresh it

rest is awesome

Hmm thats strange. I will look into it.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Postby The Dark Night » Aug 13th, 2010, 5:29 pm

ok mate
thanks for looking forward at it :)
The Dark Night

Postby FinalHero » Aug 16th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Luke I am getting lots of slow down. It usually comes when I go to look for a topic, and mostly comes when I try to post a reply. It would sometimes take me to a blank screen and I would have to refresh. And when I post a reply I would have to press the summit button a few times.

If you can take a look at this, I would appreciate it.
FinalHero

Postby Luke » Aug 18th, 2010, 1:58 pm

FinalHero wrote:Luke I am getting lots of slow down. It usually comes when I go to look for a topic, and mostly comes when I try to post a reply. It would sometimes take me to a blank screen and I would have to refresh. And when I post a reply I would have to press the summit button a few times.

Sorry for the late reply FinalHero. Sorry about the slowdown, as soon as I hit home (2hours from now) I will send an email to the host explaining your issue.
Thanks for the support.
-Luke.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Postby FinalHero » Aug 18th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Luke wrote:
FinalHero wrote:Luke I am getting lots of slow down. It usually comes when I go to look for a topic, and mostly comes when I try to post a reply. It would sometimes take me to a blank screen and I would have to refresh. And when I post a reply I would have to press the summit button a few times.

Sorry for the late reply FinalHero. Sorry about the slowdown, as soon as I hit home (2hours from now) I will send an email to the host explaining your issue.
Thanks for the support.
-Luke.

That was a few days ago, and right now it has cleared up.
FinalHero

Next

Return to Site Info