Forum problems

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Re: Forum running slow? Post here.

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 1st, 2013, 4:54 pm

If the site is EVER down, check Facebook. We will always post a message on there.

It was a problem with the host's servers. They've apologised and got it back up as soon as they could.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby conradoaccorsi » Feb 1st, 2013, 6:34 pm

I remember when the site was just a forum,people discussing and making threads about how Arkham City should be,we lost several members along the years of 2011 and 2012,like Crane,themaddoc,cutchin,Adam,wonkierstarnut and etc and even Luke and Elliott but still this is my favorite site and I still love the people here. This is a bigger site now,supported by IGN,gameinformer even Rocksteady,has it own Youtube channel, BatmanArkhamVideos, and it own Database,but for me it's the same site we new people and old people a place to discuss and still make threads but about A3,A place to have fun and make friends I stop using the site for a long time because of the work but now I have more time to be here and make new friends,thanks to everyone in this site i met at those years I'm will stay here at the site for a long time and hope A3 comes a lot better than AC.
Imagine all the people
Thanks Dr. Arrow for sig and avatar
conradoaccorsi

Favourite Villain: Dr. Hurt/Ra's
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 4th, 2013, 7:34 pm

conradoaccorsi wrote:I remember when the site was just a forum,people discussing and making threads about how Arkham City should be,we lost several members along the years of 2011 and 2012,like Crane,themaddoc,cutchin,Adam,wonkierstarnut and etc and even Luke and Elliott but still this is my favorite site and I still love the people here. This is a bigger site now,supported by IGN,gameinformer even Rocksteady,has it own Youtube channel, BatmanArkhamVideos, and it own Database,but for me it's the same site we new people and old people a place to discuss and still make threads but about A3,A place to have fun and make friends I stop using the site for a long time because of the work but now I have more time to be here and make new friends,thanks to everyone in this site i met at those years I'm will stay here at the site for a long time and hope A3 comes a lot better than AC.

It's odd, even though we haven't been putting much out lately we've been getting a few messages about how much people enjoy the site. It's lovely to hear, but believe me when I say, you're going to love what we do next.

v3.0 of the site will feature some big expansions. ETA Q1 2013. Details and dates of site downtime will come, but probably not until March.

If there is anything you want in the site, now is the time to ask! We're here for the community, after all, so let us know what you'd like to see and we'll see if they're possible.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harvey Bullock » Feb 4th, 2013, 8:45 pm

You have no idea how excited I am about these changes you're talking about!

Can't wait to see what they bring!

- Ewan :adam:
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby The Oracle » Feb 5th, 2013, 1:37 am

Very excited to see what you guys are doing. The one thing I would like to see though: a section for people's projects like art and writing.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby conradoaccorsi » Feb 6th, 2013, 1:02 am

The Gotham Knight wrote:Very excited to see what you guys are doing. The one thing I would like to see though: a section for people's projects like art and writing.

Agree
Imagine all the people
Thanks Dr. Arrow for sig and avatar
conradoaccorsi

Favourite Villain: Dr. Hurt/Ra's
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Red_Robin » Feb 6th, 2013, 6:39 am

We can expand this section of the site to inlcude a more general Batman area, as well as the extra section we were planning on adding anyway.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TFDutchman » Mar 2nd, 2013, 2:10 pm

Anyone else having issues? The site's been running slow for me all day. Other sites I've been on like Facebook, IGN, Slashfilm, etc. are all perfectly fine and load almost instantly, but ACUK has been a little slow for me. It just took about 2-3mins for my last post in General Chat to actually submit and it's been like that most of the day.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Harvey Bullock » Mar 2nd, 2013, 3:39 pm

TFDutchman wrote:Anyone else having issues? The site's been running slow for me all day. Other sites I've been on like Facebook, IGN, Slashfilm, etc. are all perfectly fine and load almost instantly, but ACUK has been a little slow for me. It just took about 2-3mins for my last post in General Chat to actually submit and it's been like that most of the day.

I've had some slow-down, but not as bad as you're describing.

-- Mar 10th, 2013, 10:00 pm --

Site's been pretty slow for me for the past 30 mins...
Harvey Bullock

Postby The Green One » Apr 9th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Not sure if this is considered slow, but I can't see a quote button, nor can I see the topic titles on the main page...
The Green One

Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 9th, 2013, 9:42 pm

The Green One wrote:Not sure if this is considered slow, but I can't see a quote button, nor can I see the topic titles on the main page...

Delete your browsing history.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum problems

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jun 19th, 2013, 2:43 pm

I don't know whether this is just me, but sometimes (and I believe I've seen it with others too) when I reply while quoting someone sometimes my part of the reply is completely deleted, meaning I'm just posting the quote again.

Anyone else seen this?
Harvey Bullock

Postby Dr. Arrow » Jun 19th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:I don't know whether this is just me, but sometimes (and I believe I've seen it with others too) when I reply while quoting someone sometimes my part of the reply is completely deleted, meaning I'm just posting the quote again.

Anyone else seen this?

It hasn't happened to me but I have noticed your replies missing from your quotes. Just out curiosity, do your replies show up when you preview them?
Dr. Arrow

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Harvey Bullock » Jul 7th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Is the search function dodgy for anyone else? When I click on the second page for search results it always tells me that it can't be used.
Harvey Bullock

Postby jifw52 » Jul 7th, 2013, 4:14 pm

I think that normally happens. It happens on the other Batman forum I'm on, and it is the same php setting that this is in.
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

PreviousNext

Return to Site Info