Forum problems

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Re: Forum running slow? Post here.

Postby TFDutchman » Aug 18th, 2013, 2:05 pm

If it's +10 for me then it should be around 8am-11am GMT.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby batman404 » Aug 18th, 2013, 6:16 pm

TFDutchman wrote:This has been bugging me for a while now, but this site quite simply seems to die for me roughly between 6pm and 9pm my time. Any other time of the day and the site and forum run perfectly smoothly, but during that same rough time period every day the site literally crawls. I can open any other number of pages and browse the internet just fine, but if I try to come here the site will struggle to load. Hell, just loading this page just to post this comment took a good 3mins to load instead of my usual speed of about 2 seconds.

Happens to me too, although more often than not the site won't load at all for me around that time. Doesn't really bother me though.
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Re: Forum problems

Postby The Scarred Side » Aug 20th, 2013, 1:12 am

Most of the links on my iPhone have the caution tape symbol. The links work fine but its rather strange.

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby Red_Robin » Aug 20th, 2013, 7:20 am

The Scarred Side wrote:Most of the links on my iPhone have the caution tape symbol. The links work fine but its rather strange.

It's been quite a while since I've had time to touch the site's code, so that's just a glitch with your connection. Reset your browser history etc and it should be okay.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby TFDutchman » Aug 20th, 2013, 12:36 pm

batman404 wrote:
TFDutchman wrote:This has been bugging me for a while now, but this site quite simply seems to die for me roughly between 6pm and 9pm my time. Any other time of the day and the site and forum run perfectly smoothly, but during that same rough time period every day the site literally crawls. I can open any other number of pages and browse the internet just fine, but if I try to come here the site will struggle to load. Hell, just loading this page just to post this comment took a good 3mins to load instead of my usual speed of about 2 seconds.

Happens to me too, although more often than not the site won't load at all for me around that time. Doesn't really bother me though.

Who's your service provider because right now I can't access the site from my computer, but my iPod works just fine. Starting to think it might be Bigpond being a complete tool. Cause I've noticed slowdown on other sites, but not like this site where it generally won't load at all.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face

Postby batman404 » Aug 20th, 2013, 6:32 pm

TFDutchman wrote:
batman404 wrote:

Who's your service provider because right now I can't access the site from my computer, but my iPod works just fine. Starting to think it might be Bigpond being a complete tool. Cause I've noticed slowdown on other sites, but not like this site where it generally won't load at all.

Dodo.
batman404

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: YOne and TDKReturns

Postby Harvey Bullock » Sep 2nd, 2013, 8:24 pm

Sometimes when I try and load the site I keep on receiving an error message saying '500 internal server error'. Was just wondering if anyone else was getting this sometimes?
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby The Oracle » Sep 2nd, 2013, 8:26 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:Sometimes when I try and load the site I keep on receiving an error message saying '500 internal server error'. Was just wondering if anyone else was getting this sometimes?

I get it to, most recently just a minute ago.
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 2nd, 2013, 8:36 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:Sometimes when I try and load the site I keep on receiving an error message saying '500 internal server error'. Was just wondering if anyone else was getting this sometimes?

That tends to be an error from the host; usually when we're busy. As GK says, just give it a few minutes.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr Wayne » Sep 25th, 2013, 9:03 pm

This has only been happening recently. Most likely due to updating my ipad with ios7. I can't see most pictures and videos. It just comes up with a gap.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 25th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Mr Wayne wrote:This has only been happening recently. Most likely due to updating my ipad with ios7. I can't see most pictures and videos. It just comes up with a gap.

<GROAN> Yeah, I've just looked on my iPhone and iOS7 seems to have neglected embedded videos again. Same thing happened last time they updated the iOS/Safari. They show up no problem in the Chrome app though.

-- Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:20 pm --

Wait - they are on Safari. you just have to give them time to load before they show up.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr Wayne » Sep 25th, 2013, 11:28 pm

Red_Robin wrote:
Mr Wayne wrote:This has only been happening recently. Most likely due to updating my ipad with ios7. I can't see most pictures and videos. It just comes up with a gap.

<GROAN> Yeah, I've just looked on my iPhone and iOS7 seems to have neglected embedded videos again. Same thing happened last time they updated the iOS/Safari. They show up no problem in the Chrome app though.

-- Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:20 pm --

Wait - they are on Safari. you just have to give them time to load before they show up.

Yeah safari. Never got around to downloading chrome. I'll wait a tad longer in the future aha cheers dude

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

Mr Wayne

Postby Elliott » Oct 14th, 2013, 2:02 am

6-9PM is within peak time, depending on your usage you may be classed as a heavy user by your ISP, and they can cap your internet speeds at this time (There's rarely a legit "unlimited" provider). This is quite common if you use to P2P file exchange or simply use the internet all day.

Bigger sites that use dedicated hosting and fancy CDNs won't be affected, but as we use shared-hosting it's reasonable that we may slow down :alfred:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Oct 20th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Since Im starting using the site again I keep getting 500 Internal Server Errors.
Happens at least twice a day.
Andy

Favourite Villain: SOCIETY

Postby Mr Wayne » Oct 20th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Andy3395 wrote:Since Im starting using the site again I keep getting 500 Internal Server Errors.
Happens at least twice a day.

Yeah me too.

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

Mr Wayne

PreviousNext

Return to Site Info