Rules UPDATED for v3.0

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Re: Rules UPDATED for v3.0

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 27th, 2014, 7:55 am

Some people have been taking their signature to a dark place over the last week or so. I don't want to disable signatures, but that is a quicker way around it anything else. Please consider how you are using your sig.

I don't think that we need a rule that states "No jokes about being sexually abused by former Ready, Steady, Cook hosts' or indeed one that states "No jokes about sexual abuse" because they shouldn't be made anyway. It's not funny.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Enigma » Oct 27th, 2014, 8:30 am

Red_Robin wrote:I don't want to disable signatures, but that is a quicker way around it anything else.

Or, in other words, the laziest. And the least fair on the community.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Red_Robin » Oct 27th, 2014, 8:45 am

Enigma wrote:
Red_Robin wrote:I don't want to disable signatures, but that is a quicker way around it anything else.

Indeed and indeed. Considering the time that I put into the site on top of the 50-60 hours a week that I work, though, I don't really appreciate the word 'laziest'. I just wanted to point out that it was a possibility, even if it is one that, as mentioned, I don't want to use.

I can also disable signatures for individuals, so it wouldn't necessarily affect everyone. This last one is something that I have done in the past.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Enigma » Oct 27th, 2014, 10:10 am

Red_Robin wrote:
Enigma wrote:

Indeed and indeed. Considering the time that I put into the site on top of the 50-60 hours a week that I work, though, I don't really appreciate the word 'laziest'. I just wanted to point out that it was a possibility, even if it is one that, as mentioned, I don't want to use.

I can also disable signatures for individuals, so it wouldn't necessarily affect everyone. This last one is something that I have done in the past.

I do appreciate the hours you put into the site, don't get me wrong. I just felt like someone had to point out that it wasn't the best solution. Disabling them for individuals, if it comes down to it, sounds like a good idea. At least, for a set amount of time.
Enigma

Favourite Graphic Novel: Knightfall vol. 1

Postby Harvey Bullock » Nov 26th, 2014, 11:01 pm

May I ask why words that aren't actually swear words are now considered swear words? I understand that Arkhamverse entertains a plethora of ages and swearing should be kept to a minimum, but if I'm being brutally honest censoring Frick and frack just feels very pedantic.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Red_Robin » Nov 26th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Harvey Bullock wrote:May I ask why words that aren't actually swear words are now considered swear words? I understand that Arkhamverse entertains a plethora of ages and swearing should be kept to a minimum, but if I'm being brutally honest censoring !#$% and !#$% just feels very pedantic.

I haven't added them to the censored list. They must have already have been there.
Fucking was added due to a massive over use, but that's pretty much it. :alfred:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Harvey Bullock » Nov 26th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Red_Robin wrote:
Harvey Bullock wrote:May I ask why words that aren't actually swear words are now considered swear words? I understand that Arkhamverse entertains a plethora of ages and swearing should be kept to a minimum, but if I'm being brutally honest censoring !#$% and !#$% just feels very pedantic.

I haven't added them to the censored list. They must have already have been there.
STOP SWEARING was added due to a massive over use, but that's pretty much it. :alfred:

Really? :oldyella: I could've sworn I've used them before.

STOP SWEARING is pretty hilarious though.
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Previous

Return to Site Info