Arkhamverse.com is 4 Years Old

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Arkhamverse.com is 4 Years Old

Postby Red_Robin » Aug 9th, 2014, 8:29 am

We started life as ArkhamCity.co.uk way back on 10th August 2010 and boy have we enjoyed the last four years of following the Batman Arkham games.

Who would have thought, as we were eagerly awaiting the release of Arkham Asylum 2, that the franchise would have branched out to include other developers (WB Games Montreal, Splash Damage and Armature), several DC Comics tie-ins, a board game from Cryptzoic and, releasing tomorrow, an animated movie from DC Animation.

This post is as much a celebration of Rocksteady Studios work as it is a look back at our own evolution.

First, this month we have revealed a new design for the blog and the website in general. No longer do we have a static homepage, but now Arkhamverse.con redirects straight to the news page to bring you the latest headlines immediately.

We have also updated our 'Win Arkham Knight' competition, which you can check out here, yesterday, we published two new community written articles that celebrate Batman's 75th anniversary and tomorrow we will be publishing a few of our own picks for our favourite Arkham things.

To kick us off properly, here are our Top 5 (real-life) Arkham moments of the last 4 Years:
5- We announced the Official Batman Arkham City boards open
4- The Batman: Arkham Origins press kit
3- The Batman: Arkham City Community Event
2- Luke was shown around Rocksteady Studios
1- Batman: Arkham Knight announced

What have been some of your favourite real life Arkham moments of the last four years?
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: Arkhamverse.com is 4 Years Old

Postby TFDutchman » Aug 9th, 2014, 9:48 am

4 years?? Damn.

I think one of the biggest and best moments would've been the long awaited release of Arkham City and all the speculation and discussion leading up to it.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Harvey Bullock » Aug 9th, 2014, 10:50 am

I literally can't emphasise enough just how much this site has actually impacted on my life in the four years it has been here. I lurked from about December 2010 onwards, but finally plucked up the courage to join nine months later. (I was shy, okay? :oldyella: )

Almost the moment I joined, I had the warmest welcome I've ever received from an online community. I was actually making friends with fellow Bat-fans, far from just Arkhamverse discussion as well - the person behind the post and general chat threads just helped everyone to chat with each other and it was lovely. Probably my fondest memory of that year was The Green One's 'Member Pic' topic. The Arkhamverse actually had a family portrait! :oldyella:

Not only have I had the pleasure of being an ACUK member, I've also had the joy of taking part in various Arkhamverse related projects. As an aspiring journalist, R_R's offer to let me help out on his 'Normal Nerds' blog was massively welcomed and eye-opening, and after that site's closure I even decided to support my own blog including various geek related things. Not only that, but it was very enjoyable to report for the site during E3 2013 and write an article about the first ever public showing of an Arkham Origins gameplay demo. Again, I learned something new through being able to write in the word press 'html' format. I am truly grateful for the opportunities that I've been given as a wannabe journalist here.

The most important part of this site for me though is the people I've met here. Never would I have imagined when I joined that I'd end up in a relationship with another person on the site, but, here I am today with a wonderful girlfriend and I couldn't be happier. :D Quite honestly, I'm so so happy that I joined this site - I can't imagine my life without it.

Happy four years Arkhamverse!
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Benji » Aug 9th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Happy birthday Arkhamverse!

Whoa, I joined nearly four years ago. So many memories, I still remember a lot of the old members - A-Team, BobGun, General Smashy etc.

Shame Luke left, be nice if he popped back for a bit.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby TheJester » Aug 9th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Time really does fly; I've been on this site for well over 3 years now and I've been on it practically every single day, it's a part of my daily routine really :oldyella: I have so many memories from this site, and have met so many wonderful people, it really is a testament to the community and everyone involved in making the site such a triumph. So thanks guys, and here's to another 4 years of Bat-related awesomeness.

Red_Robin wrote:2- Luke was shown around Rocksteady Studios

Still ridiculously jealous of this fact to this day :lol:
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Red_Robin » Aug 10th, 2014, 9:35 am

The four articles that will be published today in the news blog are now live on the forums. They are the 'Top 5...' articles in 'Arkham Knight & Beyond\General Discussion'.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby VoodooMu » Aug 10th, 2014, 10:41 am

Wow. Can't believe I've been here since 2011. Everyone here is so awesome (that's why I'm annoyed I've been really inactive) and I can't wait for even more awesome people to join. To another year of Arkhamverse.com/Arkhamcity.co.uk. It'd be really awesome if Luke came back, even just for a day.
Arkham: City of Mafia, a forum mafia game is currently open to sign-ups. Check it out here.
VoodooMu

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze/Scarecrow

Postby MRFREEZE1 » Aug 10th, 2014, 11:40 am

Happy Birthday Day Arkhamverse, geez I can't believe it's been 4 years. Top Arkhamverse moment for me was when Luke told me his favourite villain :D
WHY SO SERIOUS ???????????????????
MRFREEZE1

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze and Joker

Postby The Scarred Side » Aug 10th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Arkhamverse.com has been so amazing to me and I honestly wouldnt like my life if I wasnt here.

I look back at some of my older posts and realized that I was quite the annoying little Raven Troll.
But I realized how much of an impact this site has made on me as a person. I used to bitch and moan about my life when I first joined, but all of you helped me find the confidence in myself and overall made me a better human being.
Thank you for all of your kind words about my artwork and your confidence in me. Thank you for supporting my Arrow Graphic Novel (On haitus) and the new project I'm working on with Harv is gonna be all the more entertaining!
You are all my friends and someday, I hope to meet many of you in person.
Love You Guys!

Happy Birthday Arkhamverse.com!

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby Elliott » Aug 10th, 2014, 4:29 pm

I'm immensely proud of the work achieved by the community this site has fostered, happy birthday Arkhamverse!
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Aug 10th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Happy fourth birthday Arkhamverse.com.

This place will always mean an incredible lot to me, and I'm so very thankful for Red_Robin, Elliott and co. for keeping the site alive.

But my biggest thanks will always be towards to you - the community. You will always define this site for me, you were the reason this site was created, and you are the reason I can look back at the experience with great happiness.

ACUK is, and will always be a big part of my life, it's incredible to hear that reflected amongst some of you too. The forum is just a few lines of code, maybe one day those lines will be deleted - but the friendships forged and housed here could last forever.

Thanks again.
Luke.
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby The Scarred Side » Aug 10th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Luke wrote:Happy fourth birthday Arkhamverse.com.

This place will always mean an incredible lot to me, and I'm so very thankful for Red_Robin, Elliott and co. for keeping the site alive.

But my biggest thanks will always be towards to you - the community. You will always define this site for me, you were the reason this site was created, and you are the reason I can look back at the experience with great happiness.

ACUK is, and will always be a big part of my life, it's incredible to hear that reflected amongst some of you too. The forum is just a few lines of code, maybe one day those lines will be deleted - but the friendships forged and housed here could last forever.

Thanks again.
Luke.

LUKE!!!!!!

Hi!

Check out my Review of The Hunger Games here http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=22617
The Scarred Side

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Aug 10th, 2014, 5:59 pm

The Scarred Side wrote:

Thanks again.
Luke.

LUKE!!!!!!

Hi!

I drive-by Lukeing out of nowhere.

Congratz everyone. Happy 4th year anniversary!

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby TheJester » Aug 10th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Thanks again.
Luke.

LUKE! :D It's great to see you back; thank you so much for setting up the site four years ago, I honestly wouldn't be the same person that I am today without it. Cheers! :)
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Benji » Aug 10th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Luke just nearly made me cry.

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Next

Return to Site Info