Arkhamverse.com is 4 Years Old

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Re: Arkhamverse.com is 4 Years Old

Postby RAID3N » Aug 10th, 2014, 8:23 pm

I love this site! I was really glad when I found this community 3 years ago to discuss the video game franchise that greatly changed my life (and, well, other DC fun stuff)! Thanks to all of you guys for the enjoyment I had and special thanks to all the admins/mods and of course Luke!

To another 4+ years! :alfred:
formerly BartMan992
RAID3N

Favourite Villain: Deathstroke/Owlman

Postby AW8 » Aug 10th, 2014, 8:41 pm

My hat's off to Luke for starting this site and for his replacements for keeping the site going.

I can't for the love of my life remember how I came to find and join this site almost 4 years ago, but I'm glad I did. I have fond memories of waiting for and discussing the Arkham Asylum sequel and the next Nolan Batman movie. And now I'm still here, waiting for and discussing the Arkham City sequel and Superman and Batman's first meeting on the big screen!

Arkham Asylum made me a hardcore Batman fan. It's ingenious biography entries taught me that Joker was as old as the street while Bane and Hush were recent creations. Small bits of information like that helped make sense of the enormous Batman mythos and eventually pushed me to start reading the comics, watch the animated movies and rewatch the Animated Series I watched as a young boy.

And this forum became my first stop for Batman news and Batman discussion - and it still is. Sure there are other Batman sites, but this site, built around the amazing Arkhamverse, is still the number 1 Batman site in my eyes.

I hope to celebrate 5 years with you all next year.
"All the martial arts ninja training in the world doesn't matter a tinker's damn. The only thing that counts is whether or not you have the will to do what needs to be done. " -Black Mask
AW8

Favourite Villain: Bane
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby themaddoc » Aug 10th, 2014, 10:25 pm

I was lurking from just about the start, late August 2010, I joined a few months later. I still remember discovering the site and following it because the I liked the members. Eventually I decided to make an account aaaand I joined the community. I was young and I appreciate everyone back then tolerating my early habits of having to comment on every topic I found despite having nothing to add to the conversation complete with terrible spelling and grammar. Still I did manage to make friends here with several members, some of whom are still around. I really enjoyed all the speculation for Arkham City, I remember scanning the teaser trailer as much as we could (cat in background, is Catwoman in this game?!). I developed a little addiction to this site at one point so I ended up taking a break for a couple of months just to prove to myself I could handle it if the site went down. I proved that. I came back obviously but I'd take several other breaks until eventually I didn't see the point in coming back, despite the community being amazing, I didn't have enough hours in the day and had to cut something out and as there was no news about the Arkham franchise since the release of City... I left. Then Arkham Origins was announced and I remembered this place, I wanted to come and see how things were going, how everyone was. I panicked after not being able to find the site again thanks to the name change but eventually I thankfully found it, complete with a new look.

Unfortunately I don't post as much as I used to but I'm around. I've watched this community develop over the years. I've seen members come and go with plenty of drama in the middle but through it all we've grown bigger and bigger and bigger. I'm proud to say I've been here for as long as I have.

Luke wrote:Happy fourth birthday Arkhamverse.com.

This place will always mean an incredible lot to me, and I'm so very thankful for Red_Robin, Elliott and co. for keeping the site alive.

But my biggest thanks will always be towards to you - the community. You will always define this site for me, you were the reason this site was created, and you are the reason I can look back at the experience with great happiness.

ACUK is, and will always be a big part of my life, it's incredible to hear that reflected amongst some of you too. The forum is just a few lines of code, maybe one day those lines will be deleted - but the friendships forged and housed here could last forever.

Thanks again.
Luke.

And a huge thank you to the man who built what we have and pored so much time and effort into improving it. Without you, I wouldn't know any of these incredible people and gone through such fun times and yes I can say that there will be some friendships made here which will last if this site does one day disappear.

The innocence of a child can be the most evil thing in the world, she proves that.
themaddoc

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY ARKHAMVERSE!

Postby birdman » Aug 11th, 2014, 1:23 am

I only recently realized that today is the 4th anniversary of arkhamverses opening.
On this topic please discuss the the impact that this site has had on your life.
So basically just talk about how much we all love this site and wish it a happy birthday :)

I would like to say that arkhamverse is the best dayum forum I have ever been on.
Although I don't post a lot, this site means A LOT to me.
The community is full of interesting and friendly people and the site is always the first to report on the newest batman news.

Then there's also the off-topic section were we can discuss all our other loves for tv shows and other things.

This site truly is
FANTASTIC.

-birdman
birdman

Favourite Villain: scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: hush

Postby BuNKiTZ » Aug 11th, 2014, 8:16 am

Man, 4 years, huh? In less than a week, it will have been 4 years since I fortunately stumbled upon ACUK as I was searching for something to ease the excitement I was filled with for just finishing Batman: Arkham Asylum. I don't exactly remember the details, but I wasn't so active back when I started--after all, I was even shier back then and wasn't really too fond of forums. Judging by my first few posts (God, I sounded so annoying back then!), I seemed to have just lurked back then until 2011 when I started posting regularly. I began visiting the site regularly to check on any news or discussion for Arkham City. Sadly, I wasn't so active to the point that I posted much (if at all) in the off-topic sections and cause I'm really shy and stuff, so I didn't really make much friends.

It all changed with Arkham Origins, when I decided to come back to this site after leaving for quite some time (a year, I think). I can still remember how I felt--a little cautious and excited, but sad as well because of how I wasn't friendly enough to make much friends back then. I was determined to change that and started posting in the off-topic sections and began making friends. And now? I religiously visit this site. It's my most visited site. Even when I'm at our university (like right now), I visit this site and continue my discussions with the other members. I just LOVE this site. And I love all of you guys too :)

ACUK has just become such a big part of my life, you know? I really hope that I can contribute more to the site and one day, hopefully, meet you guys as well :)

It's also really awesome knowing that we're the best damn Batman site on the internet and with what, as far as I know, is the best forum community as well. It's impressive what this this forum has grown into, and how wonderful the people here are. Here's to 4 more years, ACUK!

This place will always mean an incredible lot to me, and I'm so very thankful for Red_Robin, Elliott and co. for keeping the site alive.

But my biggest thanks will always be towards to you - the community. You will always define this site for me, you were the reason this site was created, and you are the reason I can look back at the experience with great happiness.

ACUK is, and will always be a big part of my life, it's incredible to hear that reflected amongst some of you too. The forum is just a few lines of code, maybe one day those lines will be deleted - but the friendships forged and housed here could last forever.

Thanks again.
Luke.

Thank you so much for creating this wonderful forum, Luke. You've changed the lives of so many people for the better and we're just so grateful for that.

Also, just saying, but what you said about the "few lines of code" is just, really great. I admire you as a person and as a programmer. I'm kind of only just starting out (I'm in my third year of college already but I'm still not so good...) but I can only hope that I can be almost as good as you one day.

I wish you the best of luck in your life and career, Luke! :)
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby VoodooMu » Aug 11th, 2014, 9:55 am

Thanks again.
Luke.

You truly are an awesome dude and this site is the reason I'm so into superheroes and all the fancy jazz they have :oldyella:. So I drop my hat and bow to you for making another side to me, one that I hope to carry with me for the rest of my life.
Arkham: City of Mafia, a forum mafia game is currently open to sign-ups. Check it out here.
VoodooMu

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze/Scarecrow

Postby Wyrewho » Aug 11th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Honestly I've just started visiting another forum, and it just serves to testify how amazing this one is, it barely compares. This is probably the nicest place to be on the internet. Luke you are an absolute legend for creating this site and I wish you all the best in the future.

I like to think that I've become a lot more accepting of people's views and overall a better person due to this forum, ans although most of the people I used to speak to in the AC days are long gone it's amazing how this site seens to attract such a consistently good class of people. The fact I haven't actually visited the AK section of the forum at all and am more or less content on off topic says it all.

Let us hold a toast for Arkhamites young and old!
Happy 4th Anniversary, and may it never end!
Wyrewho

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby The Collector » Aug 11th, 2014, 10:41 pm

Wow. Four years! Time sure does fly by. I still remember when this place was called arkhamcity.co.uk. Brings a tear to my eye. :')

And to think that in four years, I have yet to find another Batman website as good as this place is. Thank you for creating this site, Luke. And thanks to everyone else for making it fun to be here.
The Collector

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby Damian_Wayne » Aug 12th, 2014, 1:49 am

Happy Birthday ACUK!

Thanks again.
Luke.

And even though I never got the chance to meet you (you stopped visiting the day I arrived :oldyella: ) thank you for creating this amazing site.
"I wasn't taught to fight fair. I was taught to win."
Damian_Wayne

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Reborn

Postby The Oracle » Aug 20th, 2014, 8:17 pm

Happy (belated) birthday, ACUK! :) I am so glad that this site exists, it's affected my life in so many ways. I never had any friends before I joined and now I do and that means the world to me. There's a lot more too but it's a bit too personal to post. This site and community is amazing. :D
The Oracle

Favourite Graphic Novel: Batwoman: Elegy

Postby MaxSchreck » Aug 20th, 2014, 8:51 pm

4 years already ? Wow, I don´t even remember exactly anymore when I joined this side. I think it was pretty early during Arkham Cities development.

Anyway, Happy birthday ACUK! :) Thanks Luke for creating this awesome Site and thanks to all the Admins that keep it alive today.

"You may have invented being Robin , but I perfected it ." - Damian Wayne
MaxSchreck

Postby deadjunk » Aug 23rd, 2014, 10:10 pm

Woo! 4 years! I think I've been here for 2 to 3 of those years. I know that I don't visit as frequently as I used to but the fact that I keep coming back goes to show the affect that this site and the people on it have had on me.

Looking back at some of the first posts I made is cringe-worthy. I didn't use proper grammar, I was overly argumentative in some cases and just generally immature, but the other members were patient and kind, unlike a lot of forums, and really set a good example for how online discussions should be: courteous, fun and insightful. I've grown a lot throughout my time here.

I'd like to thank Luke for creating the site, I was around when he was still fully active though unfortunately I didn't know him, seemed very nice though, and the staff for maintaining, and upgrading, this place. I'd also like to thank TFDutchman, Benji, Harvey Bullock, Jester, Oracle, Enigma, Andy, Becky, Dark Omen, Paradox, conradaccorsi and JFP for being, what I'd consider to be, my friends, and everyone else who I have known through site, who I would like to make friends with in the future :)
I want to eat a pirate

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=25469
deadjunk

Favourite Villain: Two Face/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Arpeggios » Aug 27th, 2014, 4:15 pm

you know how when you jump on the internet after school and you click open your bookmarks, (facebook, youtube whatever?) Well when i joined this place in 2010 it was "arkhamcity.uk" that i clicked open FIRST thing when i got onto the internet every day.

4 years later and I cant express how grateful i am to have this site, Ive never found another forum thats more inclusive, positive and community driven than this one right here. Its also probably one of the most responsive and up to date news sights ive ever been on. When we were all scrounging for announcements, news, anything we could get our hands on back in the lead up to Arkham City, it was really satisfying to have a place like this that didn't miss a thing, every piece of news was reported and discussions were created around them, i mean hell, we were faster than the actual gaming sites, the amount of times i read articles on other websites that were just getting there information from here, it made me truly proud, I mean i never posted much, but i read almost everything, and I honestly feel like i belong here. So thankyou to Luke, Red_Robin, Chris, Elliot and the other mods. And all of the longtime members here!

Some highlights for me were:
* Everything in the lead up to Arkham City (I dont think ive ever been more hyped up for anything in my life as much as that game)
* That really intensely quiet bit just after the game was announced and nobody was here because we were all playing the game haha
* That part were origins was announced, i saw lots of posts from people saying they were back, and it was like getting the band back together or something it was crazy.
* My ONE proud moment for being the person on the internet to show the FIRST photo of Penguin which then went viral on all the other game news sights (I took that scan! hahahaha! i was so proud lol)

Thanks for everything!

Happy Birthday Arkhamverse!!!! :adam:
la la la li la la di da di da di da
Arpeggios

Favourite Villain: the Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The long Halloween

Postby johnsyggel » Aug 27th, 2014, 5:35 pm

What can i say,time flies...Arkhamverse is the first and only forum i've evr been a member to(well,that and imdb.com) because nothing interests me more than Batman.Thank you Luke,Eliott,RR and sorry if i'm forgetting someone.Happy birthday!
When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice,that is fear.That is what I am.Tonight will not be my end,but it will be theirs!
johnsyggel

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The killing joke

Postby Killa_Moff » Sep 25th, 2014, 5:46 pm

And I was here for all four glorious years.

A lot of people have come and gone...
But the site has remained.

Well done, Arkhamverse, take a bow.
I'll see you all here for the 8th birthday.
:alfred:
Killa_Moff

Favourite Villain: Killer Moth
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: The Mad Monk

PreviousNext

Return to Site Info