Introduce Yourself!

All site updates and changes can be found here. Have any questions regarding the site or the team? Post it in here!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby Miss Manday » Mar 23rd, 2015, 6:23 pm

Hello all! My name is Mandy, and I've been lurking these boards for a long while. Finally decided to go ahead and join and get in on the discussion! A bit about my Arkham journey... I first learned of the Rocksteady universe when cast in a fan radio drama as Dr. Young way back when the first game was released. Watched it on Youtube since I didn't have a PS3 (and didn't really expect to get one...) and positively loved it. Ended up watching City and Origins when they were released the same way. Finally got a PS3 late last year, and the three games, and have finally been able to play and complete all three myself. (Still working on 100% completion on them. So addicting.) And now, I'm anxiously awaiting Knight, though I know I'll have to settle for watching it on Youtube rather than play it myself. (For a while, at least!)

So anyway. Big Batman fan, and very happy to be here! :D
Miss Manday
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: The Sirens

Postby Harvey Bullock » Mar 23rd, 2015, 10:17 pm

Hi Miss Manday! Glad to see you signed up - best Batman community I've ever been a part of. :adam:
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby Benji » Mar 23rd, 2015, 10:30 pm

Welcome to the site Mandy!

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Spinky » Apr 27th, 2015, 7:44 am

Herro.

I'm Raphael, born and raised in London but now living in New Zealand. I love the Arkham series (well, the first two anyway) to death, having played both of them through at least twenty times or something.

Lurked around here for a while, but I've finally joined because now that I actually have a PS4 I don't have to roll around in my own tears when AK comes out.
Harley: "Stupid little dead bat! Who's gonna save ya now?"

*Game saves*
Spinky

Favourite Villain: Harley Quinn
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Court of Owls

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Apr 27th, 2015, 8:10 am

Welcome to the forums Spinky! Nice avatar. :D

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby Spinky » Apr 27th, 2015, 8:15 am

Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:Welcome to the forums Spinky! Nice avatar. :D

Thankya, I finally figured out what size it's supposed to be after about half an hour.

*Game saves*
Spinky

Postby Doudyx-X-xDubs » Apr 27th, 2015, 8:17 am

Spinky wrote:
Doudyx-X-xDubs wrote:Welcome to the forums Spinky! Nice avatar. :D

Thankya, I finally figured out what size it's supposed to be after about half an hour.

Right click & view image info next time. :D

"I once told a man to go screw himself. Can you even imagine?"
Doudyx-X-xDubs

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Black Mirror

Postby NoxiousDonny » Apr 27th, 2015, 9:22 am

Hi guys! I'm Donny, Arkham City is my favourite Arkham game but I also love Asylum and Origins (does this instantly make me lose points in peoples eyes here?), ridiculously hyped for Arkham Knight.
NoxiousDonny
Tyger1
Tyger1

Postby Guest » Apr 28th, 2015, 12:46 am

[quote="NoxiousDonny"]Hi guys! I'm Donny, Arkham City is my favourite Arkham game but I also love Asylum and Origins (does this instantly make me lose points in peoples eyes here?), ridiculously hyped for Arkham Knight.[/quote]
Aaaaaw dayum, sup guy that I totally don't know?

Postby Dick » Apr 28th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Welcome to the forum everyone :)

NoxiousDonny wrote:Hi guys! I'm Donny, Arkham City is my favourite Arkham game but I also love Asylum and Origins (does this instantly make me lose points in peoples eyes here?), ridiculously hyped for Arkham Knight.

I love Origins too, I'll beat anyone up who disses it
Dick

Favourite Graphic Novel: Under The Hood

Postby Spinky » Apr 29th, 2015, 11:29 am

Dick wrote:I love Origins too, I'll beat anyone up who disses it

Challenge accepted.

EDIT:
Guest wrote:
NoxiousDonny wrote:Hi guys! I'm Donny, Arkham City is my favourite Arkham game but I also love Asylum and Origins (does this instantly make me lose points in peoples eyes here?), ridiculously hyped for Arkham Knight.

Aaaaaw dayum, sup guy that I totally don't know?

By the way, this is my post and I have absolutely no idea why it comes up as a guest account. lul

*Game saves*
Spinky

Postby The Average Grunt » May 1st, 2015, 4:16 am

Hi there! My name is Evan. I'm a 22 year old dude from Canada. Like all of you, I love the Arkham games. In fact, I consider Arkham City to be my favourite video game of all time (Though Arkham Knight will probably take its place once I finally get to play it :adam: ). I also like pro wrestling, anime, art & music to name just a few things. I hope to chat with you guys in the near future :riddler:
The Average Grunt
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: The Riddler

Postby Mr K » May 10th, 2015, 6:04 pm

Hi all you Bat fans, been following this site for a long time now but thought I may as well sign up as I'm completely stoked for Arkham Knight.
Mr K

Postby Reverse Flash » May 13th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Hi guys :)

My name is Den, 32 years old and am from Germany. Am a big fan of games, movies, TV and especially comic books. Been reading superhero comics for 22 years now (got into it in 1993 with Jim Lee´s run on X-Men) and over the decades my love for the genre has only gotten bigger. Have a comic collection of over 5000 books and naturally I am also an avid fan of superhero TV and movies (particularly MCU, X-Men and the new DC movies).

But I have to admit that I got into Batman rather late in the game. At first I was a Marvel-only guy with particular focus on X-Men (Wolverine is still my favorite Marvel character and one of my top 3 superheroes) and Spider-Man until I got my hands on Death of Superman in 1998 and fell in love with that character and story which led to me getting into the DCU. But even when I became a major DC fan (while also remaining a Marvel fan because some people are actually capable of loving both) Batman wasn´t really a big draw for me (yet). Instead I was (and still am) an avid fan of Superman, Wonder Woman and the Justice League as a team.

However through Justice League and various event series I started to expand my focus and was getting more into the darker corners of the DCU. A character I REALLY fell in love with (and whom I actually now are loving more than ever) was Deathstroke, who is easily one of my five most favorite comic book characters of all time. Also I had ALWAYS loved the Joker. Even when I wasn´t into Batman in general, I already loved the Joker. I already loved the Joker before I got into DC. Ever since I saw Nicholson in the first Batman movie and then saw Joker on BTAS as a kid he was my most favorite villain. And now over 20 years later he still is my most favorite villain of all time (though today I definitely prefer the more evil, insane, homicidal version of the character from the Golden Age and modern era).

And so because I loved Deathstroke and Joker I inevitably got into Batmans world at some point and really learned to love that world and character, even though it´s so different from the more fantastical worlds of Superman or Wonder Woman (whom I have to admit I still prefer over Batman as characters and heroes but I also love the Bat and particularly his world of villains and allies nontheless). Thanks to the new Flash TV series I have recently started to get into Flashs comic book world as well, particularly the more modern stuff like Rebirth (As my username clearly shows I have particularly fallen in love with the character of Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash - I don´t know I just love these evil insane psycho villains lol).

While I avoided the Arkham games at first (Yeah I know, big mistake) because I thought they´re just as bad as the typical superhero videogames, I eventually gave Arkham City a try when it was on sale in 2012 - and man did it blow me away! I couldn´t believe how awesome, addictive, multi layered and most importanrly true to the comic books it was. I immediately got Arkham Asylum as well and now the series is among my most favorite videogame franchises of all time (the only two I love even more are Final Fantasy and Resident Evil - been a fan of both since the late 90s). In fact I think the Arkham games (and yes that includes Origins as well which I even prefer over Asylum) might be the only videogame series that I am completely re-playing 3-4 times in a year. In fact I am currently replaying Asylum again for probably the 30th time or so imcluding all the Riddler stuff. I just never get tired of it. the Arkham games are by far not all I play but there are not many games I can play that often.

sadly I currently cannot afford a PS4 yet but once Arkham Knight is out I´ll buy the game and play it with a friend on his PS4 (basically I supply the game, he supplies the console)

Anyway I discovered this site a while ago and figured now that Arkham Knight is on the horizon it would be a great time to sign up.

PS: If you guys are not reading it already I´d definitely recommend reading the Arkham Knight prequel comic-series that is currently ongoing and also read the Arkham Knight: Genesis comic book series that launches in July ;)
Reverse Flash
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Benji » May 13th, 2015, 8:49 pm

Welcome Den! Hope you enjoy the forums

Happy cocktail hour every friday at 7

Welcome average grunt, mr k and spinky too!

Storms come and go. The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling.
Benji

Favourite Villain: Team Rocket
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

PreviousNext

Return to Site Info