[WINNERS] 'Our Arkhamverse' Prize Give Away

We give away alot of free stuff! Head here to find out what.

[WINNERS] 'Our Arkhamverse' Prize Give Away

Postby Luke » Apr 19th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Wow, what a competition! We had an amazing amount of entries and were delighted with some of the stories you produced. We've spent a long time reading through our favourites and have finally come to a decision.

We're delighted to award MrBubbamac with 1st place for his amazing 'Arkham Nightmare' short story. Click the spoiler tag below for an amazing insight into Scarecrow's terrifying grasp.

Spoiler: show
“Alright boys, word is that Two-Face was captured earlier today!” The Joker's voice comes over the intercom, full of static. “I want him here. NOW!! We'll see if we can't fix him to make both sides match....HAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” He laughs a lot. You get used to it. Me and the rest of the boys set out. We figured he'd be near one of the processing centers if he hadn't been released yet. We take the long way around, so we don't have to go near that sunken chunk of the city. It's dark out, the only illumination is from the bright moon, and far off in the distance, the Bat's sign in the sky. At least he'll be too busy to come nosing around in here...The snowflakes seem to catch the moonlight, adding a little more white to this city of grey and black. I look up, letting the flakes hit my face, allowing the cold to settle in my bones, make its home...then nothing.

What...where...where am I? Did I escape? I did! I'm back in my bed, I'm 9 years old. I feel my face...smooth, no stubble, no scars...it's over. I got outta Arkham. I run downstairs, my mother is in the kitchen, the morning sun giving her golden hair a shine that accentuates her youthful beauty. She turns around, holding a frying pan of scrambled eggs (my favorite). But...something's not right. I scan my mother, looking for the imperfection. Her hair is there, her lips, her favorite earrings, her floral dress, but...oh God...her eyes are gone. My heart starts racing. She opens her mouth, to reassure me that everything is okay, but her words turn to maggots as she speaks and they spill all over the spotless kitchen tile. The scrambled eggs turn into bubbling gore in the frying pan, and the roaches...they start crawling everywhere, like they'd been there the whole time, watching and waiting. I feel them on my skin...oh God....they're inside me...I can feel them crawling around my insides...I try to scream, as bile makes its way up my throat. All of the sudden, I'm awake. Or is this just another dream? I'm sitting in darkness, slowly rocking...am I on a boat? I look around to see cases of roaches...but they're trapped behind glass...I'm safe, I'm safe. Yellow eyes float in front of me, my vision getting blurry again...am I still dreaming? A laugh...Joker? Is this all just a gag? No, this laugh is different. This laugh doesn't tell me that there is something funny going on. This laugh tells me I'm trapped, that I will die here, that all hope is gone.

The sinister laugh that is getting louder and louder, its sound piercing my brain like a thousand daggers. The eyes get closer, I feel sharp points enter my arm, and I am getting colder and colder, my sweat turning to ice on my skin. The yellow eyes, the center of a burlap face, stuck in a stringy and mocking smile...my heart pounds my chest like a sledge hammer. I never thought I'd come face to face with the Scarecrow. His laugh encompasses me, and I feel the darkness inside me rising. The stale stench coming off of his burlap skin and his ragged noose is almost too much to bear. I wonder if I am dying. I always thought it would be peaceful. But this is pure horror. My saliva is thick, turning to glue. I can barely swallow. My eyes are begging to be closed, but if I do, I fear I will never open them again. My heart is hitting my chest so hard it hurts. The darkness fills my open eyes, and I fall into the abyss, lost forever. Lifetimes pass, generations come and go, but a black hand yanks me out of my eternal slumber. My eyes open, as if they haven't been used in a hundred years, my bones creaky from their rest. For a brief moment, I've escaped the darkness. But then I see him. The fluorescent flickers give him an otherworldly outline, his ears like demon horns. Has he come to take me back to the abyss? The blackness pours from him, the darkness, the fear. He is a monster, carved out of the night sky itself, an eternal gargoyle. He watches me squirm, my throat tightens...the darkness has found me. It grips my throat, I manage a choked scream, and I plunge into the darkness for the last time.

And that's not all! There's no way we could ignore some of the other entries so we're awarding four runners up. Congratulations to...

Kain9998 - The Ballad of the Scarecrow
AnonymousPerson - A Different Kind of Hero
Thomas Armbruster - Ordinary Crusader
1993TheScarecrow - The Lone Tyger

Click the links above to be treated to a range of exciting Arkhamverse short stories. And if you're a winner, keep an eye out on your private messages inbox!

We'd like to thank everyone who entered and everyone who's contributed to 'Our Arkham', the #1 Arkhamverse fan fiction and role playing platform!

We'll be back with another awesome competition very soon.
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Re: [WINNERS] 'Our Arkhamverse' Prize Give Away

Postby Elliott » Apr 19th, 2012, 6:51 pm

w00t go MrBubbamac!
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Davey » Apr 19th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Some awesome entries, well done mrbubbamac
- Davey
Davey

Favourite Villain: Two-Face

Postby TheJester » Apr 19th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Congratulations to MrBubbamac! An excellent story, well deserved :) congrats to all the runners up too; all the winners stories were great XD
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Peel » Apr 19th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Read the different kind of hero and lone tyger stories and enjoyed them, but never heard of 'arkham nightmare'. Still good reads though ::D

EDIT: Out of curiousity, who were the final eight entries that were posted about earlier?
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby deadjunk » Apr 19th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Well done Mr. Bubbamac! great story and well deserved win. Congrats to all other runners up!
I want to eat a pirate

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=25469
deadjunk

Favourite Villain: Two Face/Mr.Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Long Halloween

Postby Anonymous Person » Apr 19th, 2012, 7:12 pm

Wow, never expected to be a runner up! Well done Mr. Bubbamac, and well done everyone else!
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes.
Anonymous Person

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 19th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Congratulations to all the winners and a huge well done to everyone who took part. You really took this competition to heart and produced some good stories. You've all shown what a great community we have here at ACUK. Well done.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby Luke » Apr 19th, 2012, 7:33 pm

anonymous person wrote:Wow, never expected to be a runner up! Well done Mr. Bubbamac, and well done everyone else!

We loved your story! It was one of my favourites for sure. :alfred:
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Postby arkham maniac 22 » Apr 19th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Well done Mrbubmac! Luke, will you be keeping We Run Arkham so we can write more stories?
"Now madness takes you forever" - Scarecrow
arkham maniac 22

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Haloween

Postby arkhamcitydood » Apr 19th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Congrats to everybody :)
arkhamcitydood

Favourite Villain: Penguin

Postby Anonymous Person » Apr 19th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Luke wrote:
anonymous person wrote:Wow, never expected to be a runner up! Well done Mr. Bubbamac, and well done everyone else!

We loved your story! It was one of my favourites for sure. :alfred:

Thanks, that means a lot to me! The Our Arkhamverse forum is undoubtedly my favourite part of the site.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes.
Anonymous Person

Favourite Villain: Mr Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Year One

Postby Luke » Apr 19th, 2012, 8:00 pm

arkham maniac 22 wrote:Well done Mrbubmac! Luke, will you be keeping We Run Arkham so we can write more stories?

Definitely!
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Postby Gotham's Savior » Apr 19th, 2012, 8:01 pm

Wahoooo nice one! :batman2:
Gotham's Savior

Favourite Villain: Hush and Red Hood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Hush

Postby Maultest » Apr 19th, 2012, 8:04 pm

I should have known. His story was amazing. I am not surprised he won.
Accepting Signature/Avatar Requests! PM me
Maultest

Favourite Villain: Hush/Deathstroke
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart of Hush

Next

Return to Competitions