Re: [WINNERS] WIN Batman Arkham Origins!

We give away alot of free stuff! Head here to find out what.

Re: [WINNERS] WIN Batman Arkham Origins!

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 29th, 2013, 7:45 am

Our 1st Prize Entry:
Spoiler: show
User Name: TheDemon'sHead
Suspect: Pamela Lillian Isley aka Poison Ivy
Weapon: A Kiss
Motive: Ivy learned that the Gotham City Council, specifically its Municipal branch, had voted to industrialize (via deforestation and building of condominiums) the green wonderland that is Robinson Park. Ivy located the head of the Gotham City Municipal Dept., specifically the Property Acquisition Executive, who had orchestrated the purchase of land that is Robinson Park and utilized her feminine wiles to silence divorcee Paul Oliver Norman, retrieve the land purchase papers, and cancel the deal.
Comments: Ivy courted Mr. Norman at the restaurant in his hotel's lobby around 8:00 pm the night of the murder. After a series of direct flirtation, and use of her newfound pheromone abilities, Ivy was able to persuade Norman to invite her up to his suite on the 35th floor. Once invited inside Ivy locked the door with the safety chain while Norman poured himself a tumbler of single-malt whiskey. Ivy's plant anatomy required a more natural form of sustenance so she asked for some spring water. When Norman attempted to further their relations, Ivy treated him to kiss at which point her toxic lips poisoned Mr. Norman resulting in severe bleeding and injury of the neck and face. Ivy then made copies of the Robinson park papers and placed the photocopies in Norman's briefcase to confound the police and buy herself some time. She then climbed outside to the balcony of Norman's suite, stripped herself of the materialistic dress she had to wear for the night (whose bloody material touched the window ledge outside Norman's room) and grew for herself a dress made of leaves, a stem of sort, riding the stem down behind the hotel and subsequently making her escape.

Our 2nd Prize Entry:
User Name: BuNKiTZ
Suspect: A fake business partner
Weapon: Bare hands
Motive: Paul Oliver had gotten in too deep and learned of things about Gotham's criminal underworld that he shouldn't have so he was to be eliminated.
Comments: After failing to kill Paul with his silenced gun (thus the "bloody tinged whole near his shoulder blade"), Paul tries to fight back, as does the murderer. After a short struggle, the murder knocks Paul back with a punch to the face and begins to strangle him. Having drawn his last breath, Paul’s now-dead body is tossed to the bed by the murderer and is left their lying face down. The murderer then tries to make it look a little more normal by fixing his position in the bed but forgets to clean up the blood stain on his suit and laying him on his back. He then tries to clean himself up and remove evidence by cleaning up in the bathroom which makes the room’s floor wet as he’s stressed and in a hurry so he did not have time to make sure his hands were dry and whatnot. He was unable to completely clean himself up though, as when he looks out of the window to try and plan his escape, he leaves a blood stain on the edge. Seeing as he has to lock the door to prevent people from finding the body, the murderer does so and decides to get out of the hotel through the window. Luckily, he thought of this scenario and made sure to bring his rappelling equipment and begins to rappel down the hotel and escapes.

Thanks again to everyone who entered - look for more competitions soon!

OP:

The competition to win a copy of Batman Arkham Origins is now open for one week!

A crime has taken place, but The Riddler is making his first forays into gimmicked crimes. He is a nuisance. You must solve his puzzles and send him to jail before you can progress to the crime scene.

To progress to the next puzzle, you must use the answer for the riddle with the competition web address. If you think that the answer to the riddle is Assault and Battery, then you would need to add "assualtandbattery" to the address as shown in the example. Note no spaces, capital letters or punctuation.

Example:
http://detective.arkhamverse.com/assaultandbattery.html

Competition runs from 29th September - 6th October.

Please note:
- This is an international competition. It doesn't matter where you live, feel free to enter.
- Arkham Origins is rated '15'/'T'/PEGI 16. As such, we cannot offer the game to anyone younger than 15 years of age.
- We will be getting in touch with winners on the forum. You must have a post count of 25 or above on the forum to enter. We can't stress this enough - sign up to the forum to be eligible. Facebook entries do not count. Sign Up to the forums here.
- New Users, your first few posts need to be approved to make sure that you're a real person. You'll be free to post as a regular member once we're sure you're real.
- We are offering one first prize of the winner's choice of Batman: Arkham Origins on one the following platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox360, WiiU.
- We are also offering a second prize of Batman Arkham Origins press goodies.

Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Re: [COMPETITION LIVE] WIN Batman Arkham Origins!

Postby TheJester » Sep 29th, 2013, 8:19 am

Ah, a Riddle challenge. I'm guessing the winner will be picked from a lisr that get everything correct?

Already stumped on the first one :lol:
~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 29th, 2013, 8:23 am

TheJester wrote:Ah, a Riddle challenge. I'm guessing the winner will be picked from a lisr that get everything correct?

Already stumped on the first one :lol:

Same here :oldyella:

Gonna keep trying to figure it out though!
BuNKiTZ

Favourite Villain: Mister Freeze
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P.

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 29th, 2013, 8:33 am

The Riddler is just an obstacle to overcome.
Winners will be chosen from those who make it to the detective challenge. :alfred:
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Choyal » Sep 29th, 2013, 11:18 am

Spent all afternoon answering the questions, finally managed to get to the last stage. :adam:

DAMN the questions are hard Red_Robin, the competition is amazing! Obvious a ton of work has been put into it, you got some nice, original riddles. Super-awesome, I'm happy I participated.

Good luck to everyone who participates, and whoever the winner will be, good job you're a genius :lol:

Seriously though, thanks a ton for this awesome comp, makes me happy!
Choyal

Postby natman2939 » Sep 29th, 2013, 11:31 am

this is impossible!
natman2939

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Postby Bushidoah19 » Sep 29th, 2013, 11:37 am

This is hard, :riddler: :(
Bushidoah19

Favourite Villain: Joker and Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: Can't decide

Postby Shadow of the Bat » Sep 29th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Time to bring some tea and chocolates, this is going to be tough :riddler:
Shadow of the Bat

Favourite Villain: Owlman, Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman Gotica

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 29th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Got the first one! The second one's gonna take more time, I think... This should be fun!
BuNKiTZ

Postby Harvey Bullock » Sep 29th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Wow, the first one has me completely stumped. :oldyella:
Harvey Bullock

Favourite Villain: Ra's al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: DC: The New Frontier

Postby jifw52 » Sep 29th, 2013, 4:02 pm

R_R, are all of these questions related to the Batman mythos? Or even Arkhamverse related?
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Postby BuNKiTZ » Sep 29th, 2013, 4:17 pm

This really has me feeling like a detective; and an accomplished one at that! This is really well made, R_R; especially the last part!

Good luck guys! :D
BuNKiTZ

Postby jifw52 » Sep 29th, 2013, 4:24 pm

The 2nd one has left me stumped. Well I'll be damned....
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Postby Mr Wayne » Sep 29th, 2013, 5:01 pm

jifw52 wrote:R_R, are all of these questions related to the Batman mythos? Or even Arkhamverse related?

Yeah this. Should we be just concentrating in the arkhamverse or batman overall or everything?

I'd be a bad batman :oldyella:

Tell me, Do you Bleed?

You Will.

http://www.onegamersperspective.co.uk/
Mr Wayne

Favourite Villain: Thomas Elliot.
Favourite Graphic Novel: Heart Of Hush.

Postby Red_Robin » Sep 29th, 2013, 5:15 pm

BuNKiTZ wrote:This really has me feeling like a detective; and an accomplished one at that! This is really well made, R_R; especially the last part!

Good luck guys! :D

Mission accomplished!

How's everyone doing? The second one is the toughest one IMO.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Competitions