Win Limited Edition 'Batman: Arkham Knight' Lithographs

We give away alot of free stuff! Head here to find out what.

Re: Win Limited Edition 'Batman: Arkham Knight' Lithographs

Postby TheJester » Feb 2nd, 2015, 6:29 pm

I'm probably biased being a Joker fangirl and all, but for whatever reason (and to try and differ from what others have said so far), the entirety of the Royal Hotel sequence in Arkham Origins blew me away. It was at this point in the game that I fell in love with Origin's story and it's brilliant portrayal of the Joker.

There are so many things I could list about why I love this sequence; from the gorgeous backgrounds (with their garish circus décor and dead bodies humorously littered about) to Joker's creepy commentary ("Excuse me whilst I shoot the architect..."), to the carnival games you play to save hostages' lives, the platformer-style level progression between each floor, Bane's epic boss fight, Joker shooting his own henchmen (something previously never seen in the series; Joker actually killing someone on-screen!), and last but not least, Batman saving Joker's life, a key moment that not only brilliantly showcases the Dark Knight's black and white morality, but also plants the seed of Joker's obsession with his 'special someone'.

And whilst I'm at it, here's some awesome concept art of the sequence -

Spoiler: show

~ I'm not mad, I'm just differently sane. ~
Check out my latest fanfic, Clipped Wings, here!
TheJester

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby Testtube27 » Feb 3rd, 2015, 6:15 pm

Straight after you defeat Ivy in Asylum, coming outside and seeing the fireworks whilst the Joker invites you to a party over the tannoy. Its so weird to come across the Joker goons wearing part hats and clapping for you, even making sure your on the guest list before you come in.
You've spent the last 12+ hours punching these dudes in the face on sight and now you can cautiously walk past them (or kick their ass for a sweet achievement). Its the kind of weird twist thats got Paul Dinis fingerprints all over it and I love that moment for it.
Testtube27
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby TheSythe » Feb 4th, 2015, 12:39 am

I really can't wait to see the role that the Arkham Knight played in previous games, because he obviously is not just a new character in the franchise, he has been working behind the shadows for quite some time now.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one, or the few" -Spock
TheSythe

Favourite Villain: Red Hood
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: Dark Victory

Postby BracJones214 » Feb 5th, 2015, 7:15 am

My favorite moment is in Arkham City at the top of Wonder Tower. The amount of stealth I had to use was more than any other part of the game, and I really enjoyed it. Rocksteady's decision to kill off both Hugo and Ra's surprised me to the point of complete stun. The difficulty and overall plot twist of the moment bring out what I expect from a game, surprise and excitement.
BracJones214
Tyger1
Tyger1

Postby Hoxtimus » Feb 8th, 2015, 9:46 am

I've never played arkham asylum but I have played arkham city and origins. My favorite moment has to be all of the riddlers appearances because he is one of my favorite batman villains. I really hope arkham knight will be as good as it looks.
Hoxtimus
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Peel » Feb 22nd, 2015, 8:20 pm

What has been your favourite moment of the Batman Arkham series so far?

My most favourite moment of the Batman Arkham series has and will always be the final moments of Batman: Arkham City, with the demise of the franchise's greatest villain, The Joker. A most memorable and gripping physical and metaphorical fight between two of the most iconic comicbook characters of all time comes to an end in this thrilling story, with every last line of dialogue and scene brilliantly executed by Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil. The story between two madmen trying to change the other for better or worse finally ends with the Joker bringing upon his own downfall - for his life as the Joker as we know it, his sole goal has always been to make the Dark Knight finally snap and kill him - The Joker's killed one of his adopted sons, wounded the Commissioner's daughter to the point where she cannot walk, and has brought death and misery wherever he walked. Yet, despite his unexpected death at the end of the game, despite the victory this may suggest to some between the fight of good and evil, there is a sense of deep sadness...

A sadness for a murdering psychopath - A sadness for yet another failure on Batman's hands. The Joker has left his mark as one of the many victims of life that just have never been cured - that have never been able to deal with their physical and mental problems in life and just move on. In many ways The Joker was a dark mirror of Batman - The great 'Joker the Immortal' dying in a few mere seconds is sheer proof to Batman that he may never be able to live a normal and harmonious life. That in his life there may only be pain and death, over and over. Even when those such as Harley Quinn may hate him and blame him for the deaths around him like The Joker's, he just soldiers on out of the Monarch Theatre and carries his body, almost majestically. For all of the Joker's actions against him, for all of the sickening acts and words he has done and said, he is still treated just like any human being in the end by Batman. All of this is done in just a matter of seconds with a great soundtrack in the background and no lines of dialogue, followed by a sensational song by The Joker that just symbolises their complex relationship even further.

That, is why I loved the ending of Arkham City so much and will always treasure it at one of the greatest moments in video gaming.
Peel

Favourite Villain: Black Adam
Favourite Graphic Novel: Forever Evil

Postby Killer_Turtle22 » Feb 25th, 2015, 6:53 pm

My favorite moment of the arkham series was when joker died in the end of Arkham city. I just never imagined being a batman fan that they would kill off THE Joker, it's just crazy to think that since he's batman's arch enemy and it's almost like they can't exist without each other and seeing how Arkham knight is 2 years after city it will be interesting to see how batman has coped with the death of the joker, one of his first villians. In Harley Quinn's revenge in the beginning we get to hear as robin how Bruce has barely talked about what happened at the end of Arkham city, so he's obviously greatly disturbed by the death of the joker. On top of that it just raised the hairs on the back of my neck when the joker died smiling...
Killer_Turtle22
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: TDKR

Postby Batwing » Mar 2nd, 2015, 1:30 am

My favorite moment within the 3 games happens at the moment Catwoman is contemplating whether or not to follow her morals or her desires. The internal dialogue she has at the moment she presents herself with the choices only adds to the situation. On one hand, she has more money than she could plan on using in her hands, with an exit out of Arkham City right in front of her. On the other hand, someone that she obviously cares for, someone that she has history with, is possibly on his deathbed, with her being the only person that can save him. The relationship between the two dates back to Batman #1, where Robin believes that Batman let her get away on purpose, and in the 3rd issue where they kiss. The Batman-Catwoman relationship has been in the Batman mythos since almost the beginning, and it was great to see it manifest in the continuity of the Arkhamverse games.
Batwing

Postby Joker Asylum » Jun 14th, 2015, 3:11 am

My favorite moment comes from the third scarecrow encounter when Arkham Asylum restarts but Batman is the one being taken into custody instead of the Joker.
Joker Asylum
Tyger1
Tyger1

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Previous

Return to Competitions