ArkhamCity.co.uk's Batman DVD/Blu-Ray Give Away

We give away alot of free stuff! Head here to find out what.

Re: ArkhamCity.co.uk's Batman DVD/Blu-Ray Give Away

Postby lane121 » Oct 4th, 2010, 9:36 pm

I've got all the combat upgrades and gadgets, yes.
lane121

Postby wildcats08 » Oct 4th, 2010, 9:44 pm

lane121 wrote:I've got all the combat upgrades and gadgets, yes.

:o Now I have zero clue how you can manage those scores.... winter helped me figure out how to get 15+k without a fully upgraded batman but I can't pull it off. So I'm guessing 115ishk is possible then. This is how I do round 4, please tell me what you do differently :P

Counter, punch punch the attacking thug
Critical Punch all remaining thugs except one
Throw the thug that I have yet to hit
Slowly batarang each thug one by one and ground and pound him
Batarang a thug then do a instant takedown when he gets up
Batarang and ground and pound the rest
wildcats08

Postby lane121 » Oct 5th, 2010, 3:31 am

After a lot of playing this challenge, I think I've personally maxed out on this map...

wildcats08: I saw your post after this run-through, so I didn't keep up with what I did move by move. I do it differently every time, how about you? I can tell that I generally use my batarang more than you did in your post, though, I can say that from first glance.
lane121

Postby wildcats08 » Oct 5th, 2010, 5:54 am

lane121 wrote:After a lot of playing this challenge, I think I've personally maxed out on this map...

wildcats08: I saw your post after this run-through, so I didn't keep up with what I did move by move. I do it differently every time, how about you? I can tell that I generally use my batarang more than you did in your post, though, I can say that from first glance.

55k on Round 4 :shock:
I pretty much do the same thing every time although most of the time not in the same exact order. The max damage I can do to a thug is a Critical Punch and a Batarang...... any more damage and the thug will die 80% of the time. It's not worth the risk for me, but it seems like you somehow figured out how to get more hits on them consistently.
wildcats08

Postby Elliott » Oct 5th, 2010, 2:18 pm

109k is astounding. You truly are best in the world.
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mandalomax » Oct 5th, 2010, 10:18 pm

lane121 wrote:After a lot of playing this challenge, I think I've personally maxed out on this map...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO GET THESE SCORES! I mean seriously, there is no chance in beating you now, so could you just tell us your technique? Or maybe record a video for us
Mandalomax

Postby wildcats08 » Oct 6th, 2010, 4:14 am

Mandalomax wrote:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO GET THESE SCORES! I mean seriously, there is no chance in beating you now, so could you just tell us your technique? Or maybe record a video for us

A video would be nice before or after the competition is over.

I was trying to figure out how to get 55k on Round 4 earlier and even if I added 8 more Critical Hits to my 33k run I still would barely hit 50k. But an extra critical hit on each of the 8 guys would probably kill 5 or 6 of them every time. I noticed lane is playing the GOTY version of the game, anyone know if there are any differences in the damage on that version?
wildcats08

Postby FinalHero » Oct 7th, 2010, 11:38 pm

lane121 wrote:
wildcats08 wrote:Crazy score. I have no clue how you are able to get that high on rounds 1, 2, and 4. I've gotten over 19k on Round 3 so over 87k must be possible. Care to explain how you do Round 1 or 2?

You were right, I just upped my score a bit. I want to keep trying, I know now that it's possible to exceed 95k, because I got a lower score in Round 4 of this challenge than last time.

So far, and comparing what I've done to what you have, it's really been a lot of trial and error and mathematics--but as you can tell from the difference in my two Round 4 scores, I have no no clear predictor or pattern that guarantees a max score. Sometimes it just comes down to gambling that one of the guys can take an extra throw or batarang or other strike.

I'll keep you posted if I come up with something more conclusive or a higher score.

I don't see why you are trying to get a even better score, since you all ready locked up the top stop and no one is going to knock you down.

Luke, just give him the DVD and be done with all this.
FinalHero

Postby pm5k_80222 » Oct 10th, 2010, 12:43 am

Yah really Its kinda sickening to look at just kidding but I dont know anyone whos gonna knock that score tho
pm5k_80222

Favourite Villain: Joker & Two Face

Postby FinalHero » Oct 10th, 2010, 6:31 pm

One week until the contest is over, it would be funny if someone comes from no where and beats Lane's score.
FinalHero

Postby Luke » Oct 11th, 2010, 10:51 pm

As one competition draws to an end another's slowly created. Stay tuned.
I created ArkhamCity.co.uk on the 7th of August 2010 at 11:46 am. I left the site in amazing hands on the 29th of August 2012 at 8:07 pm. Thanks to everyone that I met in-between.
- Luke
Luke
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Long Halloween

Postby The A-Team » Oct 12th, 2010, 1:11 am

Luke wrote:As one competition draws to an end another's slowly created. Stay tuned.

Hopefully it's one that even us normal people can try our hand at. ;)
The A-Team

Postby FinalHero » Oct 12th, 2010, 1:53 am

Luke wrote:As one competition draws to an end another's slowly created. Stay tuned.

For the next contest, you should really make a rule where the contestant must have a certain amount of post, before they can enter the contest. So that some random doesn't just come in from no where and enter the contest.
FinalHero

Postby The A-Team » Oct 12th, 2010, 3:03 am

FinalHero wrote:

For the next contest, you should really make a rule where the contestant must have a certain amount of post, before they can enter the contest. So that some random doesn't just come in from no where and enter the contest.

Or be here for a certain amount of time.

It should really be a "community" challenge. I mean, imagine if some dude goes to this guy's forum and is like "Yo, bro! You're currently in first place on the leaderboards, come here and win this challenge for free stuff!"
The A-Team

Postby pm5k_80222 » Oct 12th, 2010, 5:52 am

I dont agree that someone has to be on the forum for a certain amount posts because that will make some newbies not want to even join the site but I do think that you should have a pic wit the date and time to prove that it was a recent score tho, but i have total faith that luke will come up with a great concept for the next competition tho
pm5k_80222

Favourite Villain: Joker & Two Face

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions