Arkhamverse Allies #23: Matches Malone

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #23: Matches Malone

Postby Scarecrow112 » Jun 16th, 2012, 9:51 am

Never heard of this guy till i watched Brave and the Bold and yet i still didnt know the story behind him guess u learn something new everyday

Chances of Appearing in A3: 4/10
Thanks to Maultest for the awesome sig
Scarecrow112

Favourite Villain: Scarecrow and Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Death of the Family

Postby ecousins01 » Jun 16th, 2012, 4:12 pm

6/10
Batman gets brainwashed turned into a criminal
ecousins01

Favourite Villain: Deadshot
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman R.I.P

Postby Firestorm1220 » Jun 17th, 2012, 12:54 pm

arkhamcitydood wrote:Matches Malone was featured in one of the Arkham prequel comics am I right?

Chances of Appearing: 5/10
Possible Role: To investigate a crime. But I think he should be used in the intro of the game, and only the intro. It would be weird to see him in anything else.

Yeas you are right!! He went asking for work to the Joker :lol: and the penguin :penguin: . He ask the penguin what you have down there? (Grundy). Also, in BTAS.
Firestorm1220
Tyger2
Tyger2

Favourite Villain: Mr. J

Postby Damian Wayne » Jun 17th, 2012, 1:24 pm

I DON'T THINK BATMAN WILL USE THE MATCHES MALONE IDENTITY AFTER HE USED THAT OTHER ONE IN THE PREQUEL COMICS SO I'D SAY CHANCE OF APPEARING IN A3 1/10
Arkham has moved and Gotham is Burning (image by Knight Edge)
Damian Wayne

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Death in the Family

Postby The Dark Crusader » Jun 26th, 2012, 3:59 am

Moose24x wrote:
The Dark Crusader wrote:
jaga 321 wrote:
The Dark Crusader wrote:4/10

Possible Role: Matches Malone is a rising crime lord, providing to be a thorn in Batman's side. Soon after his start, Batman attempts to take him down, but is beaten to the punch by the mysterious Red Hood, who burns down Malone's base-of-operations, killing him in the process. Shortly afterwards, Black Mask takes control of Matches crime ring, and begins systematically controling most of the organized crime in Gotham City. Bruce Wayne sees Matches death as a golden opportunity, and uses Malone's identity to risse through the ranks of Black Mask's gang. Everything goes well, until Black Mask's crew brings in a group of Two Face's gang to be executed. Matches, of course, denies, and Bruce's cover is blown. Black Mask shuts down the building that they are in, and Bruce has to fight his way out, without using any of the Dark Knight's skills, in fear of revealing his darkest secret.

matches malone and batman are the same person, sorry to ruin your possible role though. :)

3/10

role: with bruces mental sdability going down with all he has been through he finnally goes off the rails, and reverts to his matches malone allies and becomes obbsessed with drinking and gambling, bruce must rise, and return to save gotham once and for all.

He wasn't at first. Read the bio, he was a crime boss.

Yes, the words "small time arsonist" immediately lead me to think "crime boss" as well. He was a nobody. Batman isn't impersonating a crime boss when he uses the Matches Malone character, he's impersonating a nobody, just trying to get in with the regular joes of the criminal world or get accepted into an actual crime boss' gang. The only reason he used Malone is because other criminals wouldn't hire a goon they'd never heard of, so he adopted an identity that already had a presence in Gotham. If Matches Malone were to appear in an Arkham game, it would be as an easter egg, or as Bruce undercover.

I meant that he was a crime boss in my bio. And does it really matter? He's a small crime boss, it could still serve the same purpose.
"My father was convinced the world wasn't ready...what do you think?"
The Dark Crusader

Favourite Villain: Ra's Al Ghul
Favourite Graphic Novel: Batman: RIP

Postby jifw52 » Apr 7th, 2013, 7:49 pm

R_R, Matches has been confirmed in the Arkhamverse. In Batman: Arkham Unhinged #6 (print version), while Alfred was preparing Robin to go undercover, he mentions that he uses similar dressing tactics as when Bruce was masquerading as Matches in the past.
You are the product of everything you fear: violence, darkness, helplessness. All that remains is for you to watch, as I drag your beloved Gotham into oblivion. -Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight
jifw52

Favourite Villain: Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: The Killing Joke

Postby gary2692 » May 2nd, 2013, 9:18 pm

Never heard of this guy

Batman: Arkham Origins The Official Novelization. Read on "Our Arkhamverse" now!
gary2692

Favourite Villain: The Joker
Favourite Graphic Novel: Dark Knight Returns

Previous

Return to Arkhamverse Allies