Arkhamverse Allies #25: Quincy Sharp

Explore and learn more about Batman's allies in the Arkhamverse.

Re: Arkhamverse Allies #25: Quincy Sharp

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 10th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Tying in with the rest of the Arkham series, I think it could be very interesting to see (or at least have mention of) a younger Quincy Sharp in the early days of his career before becoming Warden of Arkham Asylum.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
TFDutchman

Favourite Villain: Two-Face
Favourite Graphic Novel: Hush

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 10th, 2013, 2:33 pm

TFDutchman wrote:Tying in with the rest of the Arkham series, I think it could be very interesting to see (or at least have mention of) a younger Quincy Sharp in the early days of his career before becoming Warden of Arkham Asylum.

I like the idea of Sharp being involved, but what would he be doing? He wouldn't be Arkham Warden yet.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 10th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Red_Robin wrote:
TFDutchman wrote:Tying in with the rest of the Arkham series, I think it could be very interesting to see (or at least have mention of) a younger Quincy Sharp in the early days of his career before becoming Warden of Arkham Asylum.

I like the idea of Sharp being involved, but what would he be doing? He wouldn't be Arkham Warden yet.

That's the question, I don't think any of Quincy's bios have really elaborated what Quincy was doing prior to being the Warden of Arkham Asylum. From what I've read he's at Arkham for 3yrs prior to B:AA. The Spirit of Arkham tapes suggest he spent some time in Metropolis and upon returning returned to his work at the Asylum after his family is killed. With a family comprised of doctors, politicians and teachers, and with his aspirations towards being Mayor, it's not hard to imagine that he may have held a position in office prior to his time as Warden.

I think it would be a really interesting thing to see potentially expanded on in Origins. Even if it's just a small side mission.

TFDutchman

Postby Red_Robin » Apr 11th, 2013, 4:06 pm

TFDutchman wrote:
Red_Robin wrote:

That's the question, I don't think any of Quincy's bios have really elaborated what Quincy was doing prior to being the Warden of Arkham Asylum. From what I've read he's at Arkham for 3yrs prior to B:AA. The Spirit of Arkham tapes suggest he spent some time in Metropolis and upon returning returned to his work at the Asylum after his family is killed. With a family comprised of doctors, politicians and teachers, and with his aspirations towards being Mayor, it's not hard to imagine that he may have held a position in office prior to his time as Warden.

I think it would be a really interesting thing to see potentially expanded on in Origins. Even if it's just a small side mission.

The Spirit of Arkham starts off at the journal of Amadeus Arkham though, its only toward the end that it switches to Sharp.
Red_Robin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favourite Villain: The Riddler
Favourite Graphic Novel: No Man's Land

Postby TFDutchman » Apr 12th, 2013, 3:10 am

Red_Robin wrote:
TFDutchman wrote:
Red_Robin wrote:

The Spirit of Arkham starts off at the journal of Amadeus Arkham though, its only toward the end that it switches to Sharp.

I don't believe so. When you listen/read the Journals it reads out like a single fluent story. Deaths in his family, time spent abroad, work at the asylum with his family's killer, hiring new doctors, Killer Croc's arrival to the island, Poison Ivy, Harleen in love with Joker, etc. While calling himself the Spirit of Amadeus Arkham the whole story is Sharp's background and story.

TFDutchman

Previous

Return to Arkhamverse Allies